Lamar stadium Rules

How many people had to tolerate smoking and drinking at the Lamar game tonight?  I have talked to several people who either had people already drunk around them or in our case they just broke out the vodka bottles and just started pouring drinks right there in the stands.  Told security about it and nothing was done.  Was told that they would take care of it.  Stuck around to watch and see and they just watched the game.  So much for a fun night for the whole family.  When security blew us off we just left.  Thanks Lamar for a great 1st experience....NOT 

Signed....never going again

I was on the pressbox side and so no bad behavior at all. Also, I saw many families with children having a great time, especially during half-time with the band and fireworks. Kudos to Simmons, Tubbs, et al for bringing this type of collegiate experience to The Golden Triangle. As soon as we get a couple of senior classes, I think we'll be fine on the field as well.

[quote name="coog4life" post="865095" timestamp="1286137932"]
[quote author=77 link=topic=73893.msg864953#msg864953 date=1286124163]
Its always as good as you make it, enjoy!
[/quote]I guess so.  Its my fault that a 40 year old power drinker and a two pack a day smoker sat next to me and my daughter.  Yea thanks alot.
[/quote]Man up and tell him to quit smokin!

[quote name="coog4life" post="865095" timestamp="1286137932"]
[/quote]I guess so.  Its my fault that a 40 year old power drinker and a two pack a day smoker sat next to me and my daughter.  Yea thanks alot.
[/quote]

can i have your tickets?

I would agree with you sir, if that was going on around me I would feel exactly like you do.  I suggest you get in touch with Dr. Simmons office and relay your concerns.  If smoking & drinking is prohibited in the stadium then something should be done about that.  I think you will get some action if you do call. The drinking at the tailgating will not be stopped but inebreated fans who are out of control need to be sent home to sleep it off.  I had a gentlemen who had definately had a little too much sitting by me at the first game, and albeit he was a little bit over the top, he was not out of control to the point that it had to be handled.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="865395" timestamp="1286165664"]
[quote author=coog4life link=topic=73893.msg865095#msg865095 date=1286137932]
[/quote]

can i have your tickets?
[/quote]
Made me laugh out loud.  ;D

• 2 weeks later...
I know this is an old thread but maybe this will help the OPer.  The Security Officers (aka Rent a cops) aren't paid enough to handle things like this.  It's why they have on vests with USHER on the back.  However, Lamar has police officers walking around and those guys have no problems handling situations like this.  So find the guys dressed in black and they will be glad to help. 

Go LU!!!!

[quote name="coog4life" post="864776" timestamp="1286082540"]
How many people had to tolerate smoking and drinking at the Lamar game tonight?  I have talked to several people who either had people already drunk around them or in our case they just broke out the vodka bottles and just started pouring drinks right there in the stands.  Told security about it and nothing was done.  Was told that they would take care of it.  Stuck around to watch and see and they just watched the game.  So much for a fun night for the whole family.  When security blew us off we just left.  Thanks Lamar for a great 1st experience....NOT 

Signed....never going again
[/quote]

"coog4life"?  good riddance

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="879641" timestamp="1287422179"]
My family and I have attendend every home game so far.... not one sign, and I repeat, NOT ONE  sign of anyone drunk, high, or acting too rowdy.  It has been a very pleasant atmosphere eah visit and definitely a place where you could bring the family. 
[/quote]

Same here.  I haven't seen any smoking in the stadium either.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder