KIRBYVILLE VS. WEST ORANGE-STARK BROADCAST THREAD/KIRBYVILLE WINS 28-14/COMMENTS

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="864912" timestamp="1286119622"]
Yea!!, they would throw a pass down field and the camera didnt move.LOL :D
[/quote]

Yeah, Jones throws the pass and I don't see anything until Cucancic is around the 40 with the ball and a Mustang in on his back.  So there is no way I can tell whether it was interference on not.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter.  The Wildcats made plays and avoided mistakes.  A very good win for the Wildcats.

[quote name="Lefty99" post="864894" timestamp="1286117884"]
[quote author=KFDM COOP link=topic=73877.msg864778#msg864778 date=1286082802]
[quote author=kville link=topic=73877.msg864760#msg864760 date=1286080491]
Although it will probably cost me Karma I am going to go ahead and say what I want to say and let the cards fall where they may. Wos fans were great, Players showed alot of heart and played a good game. I was suprised we did not catch a penalty on the TD catch but the ref was right there and he did not call it. There was alot of holding that never got called and that laderal was dropped so once again the reffs made mistakes on both sides of the ball. Now heres where I stick my hand in the wasp nest. As much respect those boys (on both sides) and LCM and all of the fans showed. Dan Hooks and all of the coaching staff at WOS should be embarrassed by their behavior. One coach actually ran on the field jumped up and down and through his clip board down. They were on the field screaming most of the game. He would have been ejected from most any other field in the area. His team showed sportsman ship and control where him and his staff did not. There were calls I am sure he did not like and the same for the Cats. IMO he showed very poor judgment on how to handle things when your not happy with how they are going.   Smite me if you want but I think the bad Karma should go on Hooks.
[/quote] You would have been on the field to if you would have been hosed that bad.
[/quote]

Oh come on Coop!  Are you serious?  There were bad calls on both sides of the ball all night.  On one WOS scoring drive there was a blatant tackle by their RT on the Kville DE.  The problem is you can't admit that WOS got beat by a better team last night!  Ok take the long TD pass that should've been an offensive pass interference (I admit it) and Kirbyville still wins the ball game.  Give credit where credit is due if you have the class that you say you have! ::)
[/quote]

I can admit it. Kville was the best team last night. No doubt.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the season. I hope we get another chance at Kville.

[quote name="td" post="864915" timestamp="1286119770"]

[b]I can admit it. Kville was the best team last night. No doubt.[/b]

Good luck to both teams the rest of the season. I hope we get another chance at Kville.
[/quote]

Most fans see it this way and my hats off to those that call it that way.  I was glad to see WOS play with so much deisre last night.  I knew they would but it made me proud to be in that staduim for the biggest game (in magnitude) of the year for our area.  Great turnout also.  Almost had the old stadium filled to capacity.  I have to admit that the tribute to Reggie on their first play gave me a few chills.

[quote name="Lefty99" post="864925" timestamp="1286120631"]
[quote author=td link=topic=73877.msg864915#msg864915 date=1286119770]

[b]I can admit it. Kville was the best team last night. No doubt.[/b]

[/quote]

Most fans see it this way and my hats off to those that call it that way.  I was glad to see WOS play with so much deisre last night.  I knew they would but it made me proud to be in that staduim for the biggest game (in magnitude) of the year for our area.  Great turnout also.  Almost had the old stadium filled to capacity.  I have to admit that the tribute to Reggie on their first play gave me a few chills.

[/quote]

Chills to say the least. What a class move by Kville to decline the penalty. I'm not sure very many people knew that was coming. I know I didn't.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="skipper" post="864886" timestamp="1286117122"]
first off let me say this to the kids and coaches at kirbyville.you guys are a class act and the sportmenship you show last night was something  super. kirbyville has super fan support and your team is very blessed to have you. in away the kids from wo-s were bless to have played one of the (BEST TEAMS) in 3A lastnight we needed that big time ,you guys knocked the rust off us . wo-s played very hard and showed lots of heart agnest a team that was very big and fast and the ford kid is the real deal . as i saw it the mustangs had there chance but it did not happen,good luck to all of you in kirbyville  the rest of the year. in closeing i will say this for  my mustangs  keep your heads up becouse there is blue skys at the end of a storm
[/quote]

repectful post Skip!

Hats off to the Mustang Players! They came out played hard till the end, keep it together, and got this one past them.  QB will be good.  Made a few mistakes and needs to settle down and be patient with the passing but in my opinion played well beyond what he should have. WOS is very fast on D and excellant at team pursuit. This defense will carry them until the offense gets back and then look out!  Players played with class, very respectful, excellant group of kids West Orange needs to be very proud of!  As for the coaches, its Hooks people come on! Did his actions really surprise anyone?  Its what he does, and has done for years.  It had no affect on the outcome of the game and to me is no big deal! I thought it was actually funny! (besides they needed a ear full).  

As for the referees, terrible!  I normally try not to say much about the refs but this was terrible.  Not just on one side of the ball on both.  I agree that one on the long td pass should have been called but I dont think that one play would have changed the outcome of the game.  You could also make the arugment that any one of the obvious holding calls, missed lateral, or any no call on either side could have affected the game the same.  I dont remember many bad calls just a ton of no calls.  Bottom line they let the boys play like they all needed and i dont think it affected the overall outcome.

Kirbyville looked good. I think they did a good job keeping drives going and working on the running game.  Passing didnt look to bad.  Still several balls put in the hands and dropped.  Jones is looking good in the pocket and seems to be getting better every game.  Ford, Ervine, and Haywood did what they do and thats execute!  Ervine excellant at not giving up and getting the extra yards!  Cats seem to be getting better every game on both sides of the ball.  The games count from this point on so keep working hard!

[quote name="rykerx144" post="864928" timestamp="1286120896"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=73877.msg864886#msg864886 date=1286117122]
first off let me say this to the kids and coaches at kirbyville.you guys are a class act and the sportmenship you show last night was something  super. kirbyville has super fan support and your team is very blessed to have you. in away the kids from wo-s were bless to have played one of the (BEST TEAMS) in 3A lastnight we needed that big time ,you guys knocked the rust off us . wo-s played very hard and showed lots of heart agnest a team that was very big and fast and the ford kid is the real deal . as i saw it the mustangs had there chance but it did not happen,good luck to all of you in kirbyville  the rest of the year. in closeing i will say this for  my mustangs  keep your heads up becouse there is blue skys at the end of a storm
[/quote]

repectful post Skip!

Hats off to the Mustang Players! They came out played hard till the end, keep it together, and got this one past them.  QB will be good.  Made a few mistakes and needs to settle down and be patient with the passing but in my opinion played well beyond what he should have. WOS is very fast on D and excellant at team pursuit. This defense will carry them until the offense gets back and then look out!  Players played with class, very respectful, excellant group of kids West Orange needs to be very proud of!  As for the coaches, its Hooks people come on! Did his actions really surprise anyone?  Its what he does, and has done for years.  It had no affect on the outcome of the game and to me is no big deal! I thought it was actually funny! (besides they needed a ear full).  

As for the referees, terrible!  I normally try not to say much about the refs but this was terrible.  Not just on one side of the ball on both.  I agree that one on the long td pass should have been called but I dont think that one play would have changed the outcome of the game.  You could also make the arugment that any one of the obvious holding calls, missed lateral, or any no call on either side could have affected the game the same.  I dont remember many bad calls just a ton of no calls.  Bottom line they let the boys play like they all needed and i dont think it affected the overall outcome.

Kirbyville looked good. I think they did a good job keeping drives going and working on the running game.  Passing didnt look to bad.  Still several balls put in the hands and dropped.  Jones is looking good in the pocket and seems to be getting better every game.  Ford, Ervine, and Haywood did what they do and thats execute!  Ervine excellant at not giving up and getting the extra yards!  Cats seem to be getting better every game on both sides of the ball.  The games count from this point on so keep working hard!

[/quote]

great post ryker! i think that pretty much sums it up. good luck to kville the rest of the season.

[quote name="Kville99" post="865000" timestamp="1286129755"]
Im understanding that the game will be aired on kfdm.com at 3pm today is that rue and if so where can i find it at?

[/quote]

Go to kfdm.com and there will be a player on the home page,

Kirbyville was as good as expected. They are the top team in this region in my opinion. I was proud to see our boys take the field again and compete. I agree that the "No call" did not affect the outcome nearly as much as untimely turnovers and a lack of execution during crucial moments did. In the end, this game was about much more than winning or losing.

Salter did a good job and got better as the game went along. I would love to see him and the Stangs meet up again with Kirbyville in about 8 weeks.  ;D

[font=Courier]WRONG ANSWER. Hooks picked a beaumont chapter crew for the game in April....Kirbyville did nto wan tto use.

Also, a beaumont crew was picked fo the Jasper @ WO-S game Jasper scratched.[/font]

[quote name="bleed orange" post="864516" timestamp="1286068765"]
[quote author=NorthShoreSucks! link=topic=73877.msg864507#msg864507 date=1286068466]
why are the refs from Houston??
[/quote]

Because Dan Hooks will not use the Beaumont chapter. His loss.
[/quote]

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="865045" timestamp="1286133953"]
[font=Courier]WRONG ANSWER. Hooks picked a beaumont chapter crew for the game in April....Kirbyville did nto wan tto use.

Also, a beaumont crew was picked fo the Jasper @ WO-S game Jasper scratched.[/font]

[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=73877.msg864516#msg864516 date=1286068765]
[quote author=NorthShoreSucks! link=topic=73877.msg864507#msg864507 date=1286068466]
why are the refs from Houston??
[/quote]

Because Dan Hooks will not use the Beaumont chapter. His loss.
[/quote]
[/quote]but why though? i dont get it.

[quote name="Kville99" post="865000" timestamp="1286129755"]
Im understanding that the game will be aired on kfdm.com at 3pm today is that rue and if so where can i find it at?

[/quote]
It will start a little after 3p.m. because I'm the audio on our streaming server... so you'll see all of our tributes play for the next 5 minutes if you click now...

Quote from: CatFan81 on Today at 10:17:13 AM
Funny, I always thought if the ref didn't call it, in HIS opinion, it wasn't an offense.  That being said, I watched the play several times on the dvr, and it didn't look all that obvious to me.  If the refs were calling a tight game, then maybe it gets called.  However, if I remember correctly, the receiver has the right to go for the ball, including through the defender.  But lets get over it.  Everyone keeps sounding like poor losers complaining about one call.  Whose to say that Ford and company doesn't break a long one if the ref makes the call.  Just sayin.

Both the receiver and DB have just as much right to the ball as the other.  I think it comes down to who was in better position for the catch.  Was both the receiver and DB looking back?  Did they both use their hands down the field?  Of course we couldn't see it due to the camera man taking a sandwich break during the big play...

You are correct.  Both have a right to the ball.  It all depends on who has the better position and who is looking for the ball.  Didn't mean to offend anyone, just get tired of those who only see the bad calls against the team they want to win. 

I think it says alot for the character of the players, coaches, and all involved in the WOS program that this game was played.  I was told that it was discussed to not play this game and wait until district 21-3A  play begun.  Regardless of the outcome I think it would be hard to critisize any aspect of the WOS team at this point.  Lets face it, to me it did not look near like the team that I witnessed against Friendswood, but there will be improvement.  This team has been through alot the past two weeks and should be commended for how they have handled the adversity. 

coach hooks said he wanted his team  to play this game becouse the kids wanted it. but there were others wanted him to hold off and he said NO.this was a super test for the kids from wo-s ,as most of us that were there saturday saw the mustangs not at there best but did not back off agnest one of the best football teams in texas and NO ONE can take that away from kirbyville becouse thay are and us mustangs fans saw this

[quote name="setxguru" post="865678" timestamp="1286219282"]
I think it says alot for the character of the players, coaches, and all involved in the WOS program that this game was played.  I was told that it was discussed to not play this game and wait until district 21-3A  play begun.  Regardless of the outcome I think it would be hard to critisize any aspect of the WOS team at this point.  Lets face it, to me it did not look near like the team that I witnessed against Friendswood, but there will be improvement.  This team has been through alot the past two weeks and should be commended for how they have handled the adversity.   
[/quote] I agree, good post. It WASN'T near the team, there is a new QB! A Sophomore that WILL improve each week!!!

[quote name="rykerx144" post="865830" timestamp="1286229332"]
well yea you agree its a good post!  It doesnt say anything good about Kirbyville ;) ;D
[/quote]

It was a great post and Kirbyville has a really good football team. I just hope these two teams hook up again in the 4th rd. of the playoffs in Bmt. Just like the old saying goes---[b]It's hard to beat a team twice in the same season[/b].

[quote name="rykerx144" post="865830" timestamp="1286229332"]
well yea you agree its a good post!  It doesnt say anything good about Kirbyville ;) ;D
[/quote]
I did not mean to take anything away from Kirbyville.  I was simply reading this thread and there were people on here critisizing the Defense and Offensive play selection.  My point was now more than ever a true Mustang fan should be proud of what there team has accomplished.  I have no idea what these people go through everday, but I can assure you that it is not easy.  The poor taste of someone to get on here and even semi-bash just shows how clueless some of the people on here really are.  The big picture goes WAY beyond football.  WOS has played a very tough schedule and have been in every game.  Even without the tragedy that occurred this would have been a tough one.  My point was this, I commend these players and coaches for the courage they have displayed in this very tough time.  Good Luck the rest of the way.  The BC game should be a good one!

[quote name="setxguru" post="866391" timestamp="1286291493"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=73877.msg865830#msg865830 date=1286229332]
[/quote]
I did not mean to take anything away from Kirbyville.  I was simply reading this thread and there were people on here critisizing the Defense and Offensive play selection.  My point was now more than ever a true Mustang fan should be proud of what there team has accomplished.  I have no idea what these people go through everday, but I can assure you that it is not easy.  The poor taste of someone to get on here and even semi-bash just shows how clueless some of the people on here really are.  The big picture goes WAY beyond football.  WOS has played a very tough schedule and have been in every game.  Even without the tragedy that occurred this would have been a tough one.  My point was this, I commend these players and coaches for the courage they have displayed in this very tough time.  Good Luck the rest of the way.  The BC game should be a good one!
[/quote]

Just now getting a chance to post.Don't have time to read all twelve pages of this thread.I'm not going to blame anyone on how we played but I would like to ask why we got away from what was working.Lindsey was running pretty good and we just stop using him.

I didn't agree with some of the calls that were made but I doubt that would have changed the outcome.The Cats had a balanced attack and kept their drives going even though we made some great stops.They caused our defense to stay on the field to long and just wore us down in the end.

Good luck to the cats and hope we get to meet again.I think we will improve with each game so that's not to far fetched.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="setxguru" post="866391" timestamp="1286291493"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=73877.msg865830#msg865830 date=1286229332]
[/quote]
[/quote]

my comments were not directed at you or anything you said.  Sorry about that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder