PNG D

surfer73

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what he meant was Hunter Knox has been the bright spot in the defense and I agree. This kid is on track to be on First team All District. He's been playing lights out. There are others, I wish they would move DJ to standing up outside LB or something. It seems he's having trouble getting to the QB, and I think he's too good to not put him somewhere to show his skills. Need more practice on tackling,tackling, tackling, as well as pursuit to the ball. There's too much to put. They're just having some trouble right now. Maybe put Desmond from offense to cornerback or play a couple of kids both ways. I know BF doesn't do that, but it would make a huge difference IMO.

PNG's D will be ok. Some adjustments and more practice. I will tell it like I saw it, Livingston has some hosses on their O line. Their mis direction O is almost being run to perfection, their backs are fast and have some very good moves. I don't know if anyone in our district will be able to hold them very long. One thing I noticed with the Lions backs is that they seemed to never stop their feet moving. THats one reason why they broke loose on those tackles and gained alot of additional yardage. They are a good team. I give them credit and respect. I would think the only other team to maybe slow them down might be Central. But as I see it now they are the front runners in District.

Guest tappedout
We will start playing more passing team's pretty soon and DJ will be back to causing havoc. It's going to be pretty interesting to see how Knox being switched to safety affect's our pass defense. Does anyone know if Knox is OK?

[quote name="prepballfan" post="859092" timestamp="1285608661"]
Well we do have Hunter Knox. He is one of the best on defense so far. Kroker is a great defensive coach he will get the most he can out of these kids.
[/quote]Let's see what this look like in x's and o's.........
                                                                                                          O
                                                                                                          O
                                                                                  O              O  OOOOO  O            O
                                                                                                  Hunter X Knox

XXXXXXXXXX

Now is this D gonna hold? ;)

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="859955" timestamp="1285689220"]
[quote author=prepballfan link=topic=73577.msg859092#msg859092 date=1285608661]
Well we do have Hunter Knox. He is one of the best on defense so far. Kroker is a great defensive coach he will get the most he can out of these kids.
[/quote]Let's see what this look like in x's and o's.........
                                                                                                           O
                                                                                                           O
                                                                                  O               O  OOOOO  O            O
                                                                                                  Hunter X Knox

XXXXXXXXXX
I dont normally say bad things on here but that is about a jacka-- thing to say. I was making a compliment to one of our better players as I read from you when you had one on your team. There is alot I could say about Lumberton but I refrain as these are kids.

[quote][/quote]Let's see what this look like in x's and o's.........
                                                                                                          O
                                                                                                          O
                                                                                  O              O  OOOOO  O            O
                                                                                                  Hunter X Knox

XXXXXXXXXX
I dont normally say bad things on here but that is about a jacka-- thing to say. I was making a compliment to one of our better players as I read from you when you had one on your team. There is alot I could say about Lumberton but I refrain as these are kids.

haha funny  :D

Guest tappedout
After watching the replay of PNG/NED, our LB's were non-existent in this game and I have noticed this since the Gregory-Portland game. They sit back and wait for the ball carrier to come to them and then don't make the tackle's. I'm not going to put the # but his reaction time and speed is keeping him out of position to make play's. I'm sure the coaches will see a lot of this on film and I can see changes starting next Friday. There is no way Nederland should have been able to line up in the wildcat and get 6-7 yard's a carry, but if you go back and watch the game and watch the LB's then you see why they were able to be so successful with that play. DJ was doubleteamed all night and for the most part our LB's were not even blocked and they didn't make play's. Last year's defense was so good because we had agressive LB's that made play's in every game. When the DB's are constantly having to come up and make tackle's on run's up the middle then you know your not getting consistent play out of the LB's. Nederland's defense played us so well against the run because their LB's were making play's. I believe we will see some change's coming up and if not be prepared to keep seeing the same result's.

[quote name="hardballer11" post="865242" timestamp="1286151390"]
tappedout is on to something here, everybody wants to put blame on the db's but png has been ran all over the past couple of weeks
[/quote]
I've been saying the same. Our db's are ok , we have a problem with our lb's. Our middle linebackers are historically the strength of our defense, and this year they are struggling a little bit.

Baddog, you got it backwards, the Nederland line fell to the ground (not blocking anybody), and the PNG defenders still couldn't make the play... is that what your DVR showed Tap? 

Guest tappedout
Maybe neither one of you can read and comprehend. As I stated, our inside LB's were not blocked on several play's. I did not state that the Nederland line was not blocking. It was very evident that our defensive front was being blocked well for most of the night.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476