Crosby vs Baytown Lee

hill1970

I never give up hope.
I'm just giving my honest prediction.

Let's look at the facts.  Lee couldn't stop Sterling at all.
Sterling was stopped easily by Humble and Oak Ridge both.
Humble lost to Dobie and barely beat Channelview, so we know they are not world beaters at this point in the season.
Lee got rolled by LP, which is not too bad because LP is a great team this year.
Lee got rolled by a Terry team that got whooped by LaMarque and also got beat by Waller.
Terry took it easy on Lee to only win by a little less than 40.

If that Lee team shows up that showed up against Terry, then you can give Crosby another 2 td's on top of the score that I predicted.
Lee looked some kinda awful two weekends ago.

Unless everyone is back from injury and playing on all cylinders, Lee just doesn't have the firepower.

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
Crosby has had quite a few injuries as well. Not sure if everyone is back or not, but it seems like 3 def lineman and a few in the secondary have been on the sidelines in jeans.

From the Baytown Sun

Lee’s football will play its first District 19-4A football game Friday when it hosts Crosby at Stallworth Stadium.

Both teams are 0-3 and in search of their first win.

Last week, both teams had a bye, and Lee coach Marvin Sedberry, Jr., said it was much needed.

“We’ve gotten better over the week off,” he said. “It was a chance for us to kind of address some things, and we’re excited about district play starting.”

Sedberry knows getting his first win against Crosby is not going to be easy.

“Man, they’re the defending district champs over there,” he said. “All we’ve heard all year is that they won district, and those guys are well coached and Coach (Kevin) Flanigan is going to have his guys ready to play. They have titles to defend and they’re not going to let us come in and just take it.”

As far as Crosby is concerned, Flanigan said his team’s focus isn’t on the Ganders.

“For us, it’s really about not letting the Crosby Cougars beat themselves,” he said. “We can’t control if they’re going to play well. We have our own demons to beat and that’s our biggest focus so far. We’re not worry going to worry about them.

“That’s the biggest thing,” he said. “We’ve just been struggling with our own mental mistakes and things we know we should be doing, but we’re not taking care of business like we should. So obviously, that’s a big concern.”

Both coaches expect the tough non-district schedules their teams played to help them down the road.

“We played some tough 5A schools and I think that will help in the long run,” Sedberry said. “Right now our goal is to get better and find a way to win a ballgame regardless of whether it’s district or anything else. Now in district, it matters as to whether or not you make the playoffs.”

Although he hasn’t seen the results yet, Flanigan expects to soon.

“We played a tough non-district schedule for the reason of getting stronger,” he said. “There are things that go with that, such as confidence issues and things like that.

But at same time, the level of competence will pay off down road.”

Last year, the Cougars started the season 0-2 before winning the next 10 games.

Flanigan attributed last year’s success to switching from a man defense to a zone defense, and says there will likely be more changes like that to come.

“Every week we look at and evaluate what we need to do,” he said. “There are guys who’ve earned positions, and there are scheme changes we’ll work on as well.

“We have a set of things that we start with every year and until we test them, you don’t know how the team will be able to handle them and as we go,” he said. “We’ll see how we feel and where our strengths lie. I expect we’ll make changes as far as personnel and scheme-wise.”

This week’s games

Friday

Sanchez at BCA, 4 p.m.

Barbers Hill at Dayton, 7 p.m.

Crosby at Baytown Lee, 7 p.m.

GC Memorial at North Forest, 7 p.m.

Anahuac at Warren, 7:30 p.m.

Saturday

Pasadena High at Sterling, 7 p.m

[quote name="panamamyers" post="852704" timestamp="1285075389"]
I never give up hope.
I'm just giving my honest prediction.

Let's look at the facts.  Lee couldn't stop Sterling at all.
Sterling was stopped easily by Humble and Oak Ridge both.
Humble lost to Dobie and barely beat Channelview, so we know they are not world beaters at this point in the season.
Lee got rolled by LP, which is not too bad because LP is a great team this year.
Lee got rolled by a Terry team that got whooped by LaMarque and also got beat by Waller.
Terry took it easy on Lee to only win by a little less than 40.

If that Lee team shows up that showed up against Terry, then you can give Crosby another 2 td's on top of the score that I predicted.
Lee looked some kinda awful two weekends ago.

Unless everyone is back from injury and playing on all cylinders, Lee just doesn't have the firepower.
[/quote]

Everybody is coming back. Zellers has been taking more snaps at QB than at WR this week

interesting Article i smell a wrinkle coming. =P.

Flannigan likes to change things up last pre-district game, broncos game, and first game of playoffs.

The defense was notably better. if the cougs can play defense like they did in the first half against Montgomery or PNG or second half against Dawson and put that together this could end in a shut out.

I could see the cougs getting up by 14-21 and just sitting on the football for the rest of the game. They definitely have that capability.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="854463" timestamp="1285270688"]
I'll post updates on here, as will Cougtalk I'm sure.
[/quote]
Glad to hear it. I'm new to the forum and have not seen much input from the Crosby fans. Glad you will be keeping us updated.

[color=red][size=14pt]GO COOGS![/size][/color]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder