Deweyville coach?

Well, let me clarify, I was not talking about the original baseball coach. I heard he was a very knowledgable baseball guy. I was referring to the possible new choice. I just think that if you have someone with baseball experience already on your staff, it would be a good thing, for the kids sake, to let him have it. Especially, if you are going to hire from within.

IMO Coach Bickham is a good football coach, but there is more to being an AD than coaching football. AD should equally support ALL sports, be it boys or girls. Some of the decisions that he has made makes me wonder how much he is concerned with other sports at our school. He should not only care about the sports but also about each athelte. Football is not the only sport. He cares more about winning than he does the kids. I also don't understand how come he wouldn't let the varsity football players donate blood when the school had their annual blood drive. No it wasn't on a game day either. If he is such a great AD how come he didn't bother to go to the hospital after the game that the freshman player got his leg broke in? He played him in most of the varsity scrimmage game, but yet he didn't care enough to go to Orange to the hospital. An AD should care about the kids not just the outcome of the game

I do give the AD credit for being a good football coach. Hats off to him for having a great season so far. However, I do agree that football seems to be more of his concern and according to you he only cares about the outcome of games. That is sad to think he won't even go to the hospital to see one of his players that was injured in a game. Did any of the coaches go to the hospital?

Its a sad situation there in Deweyville and not sure who to blame but i do know that problems tend to dissappear when a team is winning or at least it seems that way. When the yound man hurt his leg I did hear that the head man didnt go to see him but that tons of other people did including coaches from the past. From the people i have talked to though the AD is a stand up guy I think he is just not used to all of this. By the way good luck to the rest of deweyville athletics.

Whoever the AD gets I'm sure he will support all sports and support the AD. I do not think he will get someone that would stab him in the back the 1st chance he got. :oops: Truth hurts! This topic will not trun into coach bashing! :evil:

Looks to me like you are doing some coach bashing yourself their. DP#1Fan. Seems like you have some hard feelings toward someone.

At the rate they are going, they won't get to play on the new field this year. How sad is that......they broke ground on the new high school 3 1/2 yrs ago and we still have no football or baseball field ready. I hate it for the kids who are Seniors....they have been waiting to play on a new field and probably won't get too. Same with the football field.....the kids have been told more than once this year that the "next home game" will be at our new field.....and where are they? At the old field. Maybe it will be finished by the time our middle schoolers get there! As for all the talk about the AD.....I have a few comments there also. I agree with the others who say he is only concerned with football because he is......and not all football, VARSITY football. Our JV team has done well, yet they never get recognition. Last year, they were undefeated going into their last game (against Newton) and he didn't even know! Why you ask? Because he never went to the games. These kids work just as hard as the Varsity team and deserve to be recognized. The same with the other sports programs, all of these kids work hard and the AD should support all sports, whether it's volleyball, basketball, track or powerlifting. And until he does support the other sports, our athletic program will continue to decline.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics