L-Train vs LCM

jordibug15

Teams with a good defense will be the achilles hill for LCM. Especially one who can effectivly run the ball.  IE  Lumberton.  Math formula    Run the ball = Keep ball out of Gonzo's hands........Good defense limit amount of damage that Gonzo can do on limited turns.  Now points of intrest...1)LCM is giving up right at 30 points a game.) Lumberton is scoring around 36 points a game.As Indianapolis learned this past weekend in Houston Keep the ball away from Peyton(Gonzo) control the clock with a very solid running game. Now its ridiculas to say they will shut out Gonzo I just believe that The Raiders will be able to slow them down and control the time of possesion to there favor enough to get a W

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bearball18
Being at all of the LCM games, anyone who knows football know they have a heck of an offense. They've showed something that in years past that they havent been able to produce: a running game(Tevin Jones has 8 TD's this season.) Last year they were not able to punch it in on occasions. And as bad as the scores have shown, LCM's defence has had their bright moments. It will greatly benifit both teams by having an off week before their game. Should be a great one. Would have to say that LCM wont look to terrably bad on defence and pull this one out 42 to 28. Good luck to both teams.

[quote name="dont tread on me" post="846937" timestamp="1284432447"]
[quote author=mj-7 link=topic=72941.msg846858#msg846858 date=1284429085]
Gotta go with the Bears,

LCM 46
Lumberton 33

Good luck to both teams.
[/quote]no way LCM is gonna put up 46 on Lumbertons D! they will no doubt put some up and it will be a good game, but 46....it is a nice thought!    Lumberton 28   LCM 21
[/quote]
Im gonna have to say they get close to 46

LC-M's defense has been restructured in some way or form every game this year. With a bye week before district I believe the defense will get it's act together. It seems that most people are basing their opinion of the defense off of the Nacogdoches game, albiet a poor performance, I don't think that that's the type of play you will see for the remainder of the season. Once the DC gets all the holes filled and the unit begins to gel I can see them improving in the points/yards allowed department. Don't let one bad game with several injuries be the deciding factor for the Bear's defensive unit as a whole. With that said I see the game going 41-31 in favor of the Bears.

Guest tappedout
We will see what LCM is all about in this game. Up until now they have not played anyone. So you can throw all of their stat's out the window. I have to take Lumberton 35-21!

[quote name="dont tread on me" post="846937" timestamp="1284432447"]
Gotta go with the Bears,

LCM 46
Lumberton 33

Good luck to both teams.
[/quote]no way LCM is gonna put up 46 on Lumbertons D! they will no doubt put some up and it will be a good game, but 46....it is a nice thought!    Lumberton 28   LCM 21
[/quote]

Just a prediction...they might not get 46 points, I've seen LCM play and it’s very possible, they have been able to move the ball at will.  The question is can the defense hold.  I do know that LCM does have some very talented athlete on the offense that can play defense, thus far they have seen limited action if any. I would not be surprised that due to district coming up, those offensive players will be on the defense as well.  #50 H. Reed is great athlete and is very capable of filling in. As like T. Jones, Sonnier, Burleigh and others, they all can see two way action during district.  Not to say that Gonzo will play any defense, that kid can play both ways, he is a very talented athlete.

[quote name="utguy09" post="846945" timestamp="1284432746"]
[quote author=dont tread on me link=topic=72941.msg846937#msg846937 date=1284432447]
Gotta go with the Bears,

LCM 46
Lumberton 33

Good luck to both teams.
[/quote]no way LCM is gonna put up 46 on Lumbertons D! they will no doubt put some up and it will be a good game, but 46....it is a nice thought!    Lumberton 28   LCM 21
[/quote]
Im gonna have to say they get close to 46
[/quote day dreamin' in the hot sun!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="847392" timestamp="1284489559"]
"Offense sells tickets, defense wins games"
[/quote]

You'll have the sales tickets for this one...it'll be high scoring, with last possession who scores being the winner.  I "predict" that LCM will score last, making it a 41-38 win for the Bears.  Both high scoring offenses...both Ds will be gassed at the end of the game. 

Lumberton has the D to stop a high powered offense. As for clock control and run game, which was previously mentioned, anoyone who has watched Lumberton football the last 5 years has seen MULTIPLE 7-8 minute scoring drives. We play pro style, power football and we'll run it at anyone. Nederland got a taste when Hanna went for 300+ and their offense had 2 series' in the first half, thats clock control at its finest.

Let me put my 2 cents in. For both teams, the key to winning for either team is going to be who has the best offensive line and who can put the most pressure on the QB.
Just thought I would put that in there. You gotta be able to block to give your QB enough time to throw the ball around and on the other foot you have to be able to put enough pressure on the QB from Depfense. Knock the QB down a few times and he starts to think when he sets up to throw.... do I hear footsteps ?

THis will be a great game. My Nephew plays at LCM on the Freshman team. My wife is a LCM grad. She got to PNG as fast as she could though ! lol.

Good luck to both teams ! and remember NO INJURIES !

[quote name="pngfan66" post="847838" timestamp="1284548220"]
Let me put my 2 cents in. For both teams, the key to winning for either team is going to be who has the best offensive line and who can put the most pressure on the QB.
Just thought I would put that in there. You gotta be able to block to give your QB enough time to throw the ball around and on the other foot you have to be able to put enough pressure on the QB from Depfense. Knock the QB down a few times and he starts to think when he sets up to throw.... do I hear footsteps ?

THis will be a great game. My Nephew plays at LCM on the Freshman team. My wife is a LCM grad. She got to PNG as fast as she could though ! lol.

Good luck to both teams ! and remember NO INJURIES !
[/quote]
LCM is pretty good at putting pressure on the qb...

I think that this will be a shootout.  It's great for the fans, but bad for the defensive coordinators.
If it is a shootout, I have to give the edge to Lumberton.
They have put some points on the board this year.
I am not very familiar with either team, nor have I seen either team play this year.

I am not sure if there is a home field advantage, but where are they playing the game, Lumberton, or LCM?

[quote name="atb63" post="847925" timestamp="1284563159"]
I think that this will be a shootout.  It's great for the fans, but bad for the defensive coordinators.
I am not very familiar with either team, nor have I seen either team play this year.

I am not sure if there is a home field advantage, but where are they playing the game, Lumberton, or LCM?

[/quote]

The game is at LCM again this year

[quote name="atb63" post="847925" timestamp="1284563159"]

[/quote]
Actually atb63 on a purely point scoring basis LCM holds the advantage so far, when you don't add in the defense. They've scored more than us this year. Of course the game is played on both sides of the ball though and I think Lumberton has the advantage there. This should be a regular shoot out with a whole lot of points scored. I looked up the history of our matches and actually about a third of the time LCM and Lumberton has combined for over 50 points per game, if you add in the over 40 point total game that goes up to about 75%. I'm predicting this game could break the 100 point mark with a 40-something to 50-something end score. I think Lumberton will take it.  ;)

I'm going with the Bears because of home field, but with these two offenses it is really going to be close to call. Don't blink, you may miss three scores!! Good luck to all the athletes and a safe trip to all the L-train fans coming over. I can't wait for this one!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder