14-1A  

72 members have voted

1. 1. 14-1A

• Burkeville
    • Evadale
    • High Island
    • Sabine Pass

[quote name="Mustang Basketball" post="848475" timestamp="1284650348"]
Sorry but I dont see anyone that can stay on the field with Evadale this year. Just hope that they can keep it going for a few games in the playoffs. This could be the year that Evadale shuts out ever team in dist. That would be nice, to give up no points, I dont think it has ever been done before.

Burkeville will be on the field with Evadale this year buddy if i recall burkeville only gave up 18 points last year.
[/quote]Was this the same game that there was 6'' of water on the entire field and when the Ref set the ball it floated away??? I hope that this year is not like 3 years ago when Evadale was trying 35 yrd fieldgoals to keep from running up the score ;D See none of this makes a hill of beans, that was the past and we are not play those games again. I think that Evadale will shut out ever team in their Dist. This year.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This district is what it is. Evadale (despipe what some think) does not get to go to Austin to the UIL office and hand pick it's district alignment. You play where they put you. Believe me it is better for whoever comes out of the district to play the toughest schedule that they can and I believe that Coach Williams does play teams that the Rebels can compete against and still learn from the games.
O'Connell was a fill in game after Legacy dropped the Rebels from their schedule. Deweyville and the Rebels played to almost a dead heat. Evadale and Trinity played a hard fought defensive game. The Rebels and Comesneil looked to be a good match up as the Bulldogs were the runner up in our district last year and the final game of the season was decided by a late come from behind touchdown by the Rebels.

We got the same stuff last Spring about a "bad" baseball team and ended the year one win from a state title. On paper the district is the Rebels to loose. That does not mean that we don't respect Burkeville, High Island or Sabine Pass. It just means that with an experienced senior laden team that has nothing but seniors and juniors on the team we just expect to win and will fight however lines up on the far side of the field. We like to be #1 in the SETX poll, but understand that at this point winning the district is all that matters. We like being #13 in the state wide AP poll, but understand that the players are looking to make a run in the playoffs and that is what matters. We like winning 21 straight regular season games in a row, but understand that being the best team that they can be is the goal of the Rebels each and every week.

At the end of the day and the end of the year it is all about who is still standing and I believe that when all is said and done that the Rebels will be te team left still standing.

[quote name="BIGMO44" post="847225" timestamp="1284481186"]
[quote author=Shackum link=topic=72934.msg846741#msg846741 date=1284422789]
Have you seen #20 from High Island? He's a Beast!
C'mon Man!

HI - All the way!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]So was the Cookie Monster from Hull a couple years ago.  The Rebs beat on him all night long!!  He was a beast and Evadale took that one 16-6. 
I know #20 for HI is a load, but you'll need more weapons to take the crown.

Evadale
High Island
Burkeville
Sabine Pass
[/quote]

Its funny that I started calling Aaron the Cookie Monster when he was a freshman and boy did that nickname stick. He was a great player but Evadale did contain him that night for sure. Evadale wins this district walking away and is the only team with playoff run potential...in my opinion.

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="850728" timestamp="1284859891"]
[quote author=BIGMO44 link=topic=72934.msg847225#msg847225 date=1284481186]
[quote author=Shackum link=topic=72934.msg846741#msg846741 date=1284422789]
Have you seen #20 from High Island? He's a Beast!
C'mon Man!

HI - All the way!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]So was the Cookie Monster from Hull a couple years ago.  The Rebs beat on him all night long!!  He was a beast and Evadale took that one 16-6. 
I know #20 for HI is a load, but you'll need more weapons to take the crown.

Evadale
High Island
Burkeville
Sabine Pass
[/quote]

Its funny that I started calling Aaron the Cookie Monster when he was a freshman and boy did that nickname stick. He was a great player but Evadale did contain him that night for sure. Evadale wins this district walking away and is the only team with playoff run potential...in my opinion.
[/quote]MO and HD9 are spot on!  Good luck to everyone but there will be miles between the 1st place Rebels and the rest of the district.  I've got HI 2nd and Bville 3rd.  HI will play tough but Bville still has a ways to go.  SP, well, never mind.
And I still believe that HD/Evadale 2 years ago was one of the most physical games I've ever watched at any level....Man, smash mouth all night long!!!  And yes, Cooke was a load...

Guest Crazy Dave
[quote name="HI_#20_Mom" post="849166" timestamp="1284739208"]
[quote author=Crazy Dave link=topic=72934.msg849158#msg849158 date=1284738355]
[quote author=HI_Cardinal link=topic=72934.msg848621#msg848621 date=1284664046]
[quote author=Crazy Dave link=topic=72934.msg848446#msg848446 date=1284647725]
LIKE I SAID High Island is a one man team and if he is out for the season... look for a long season cardinal fans  ;D Sucks for you!
[/quote]

What number are you?
[/quote]

Why are you trying to start something you could never win? High Island is going to be horrible without him hahaha ..... I'm not even in your district i promise you that! If i was I would give you my #... Sucks for high island looked to have a good season.... But gues what everybody?????? ANOTHER LOSING SEASON!!
[/quote]

Dave,

I really don’t think that” sucks for you” and “hahaha” are appropriate when someone is hurt.
Maybe I’m just too sensitive to the subject?

[/quote]

Wasn't talking to the player just the team and yeah High Island could MAYBE compete with Chesters 6 man team "hahahahaha"

[quote name="eaba26" post="852592" timestamp="1285042347"]
Is #20 out for the season.  I heard he might be back for the last 2-3 games.  He is a very good player and a better person.  Good Luck to all.
[/quote]

#20 is having surgery on his ACL, he will be out for the season. He has a great DR. who is very, meticulous. He is the surgeon for the Texans, Astros and Dynamo. James should be in great shape, but it will take some recovery time.

Guest Crazy Dave
If #20 is out for season i dont see much reasoning for anyone to see them as much of a threat now.... If they had him then yes I would definately watch out for him and the cards but they don't so sorry

Some of you are making this #20 kid sound like an all around ALL STAR. I agree that some people are a great asset to a team but no team consists of just one person. That is why it's called a TEAM. I am sorry that this kid is hurt because I bet that you all would not be bragging about this kid as much as you are now beings as he will be standing on the sideline so no one will know how great of a player he is. And we will never know if the game would have turned out different. So everybody play their game and we will see who comes out on top  ;D

Guest Crazy Dave
Your really going to try and disrespect me like that?    You have absolutely NO room what so ever to talk look where your from... Burkeville which is one of the WORST teams around this area!! If you beg to differ please tell me who you think besides legacy and sabine pass to me the worst 3 are

1. Sabine Pass
2. Legacy
3. Burkeville  <--- you would be 2nd if you didnt beat legacy hahaha keep talking just gives me more joy to make you feel so stupid!

Guest Crazy Dave
Burkeville is not worth the time to coach if you ask me if i was offered a job there i would turn it down so fast i mean who wants to do nothing but lose all season long in every sports?? Its kinda like coaching a handicapped team .... Actually alot like it hahahaha

Burkeville won't be going far in ANY SPORTS THIS YEAR!!! I can promise you that for sure!!

The only way i can explain burkeville athletics is a word called "Horrible"    consider it as a car with a blown up motor you cant go anywhere just like burkeville they wont go anywhere! Man i love putting your team into the ground because its just so easy!   

Keep it coming Basketball

Guest Crazy Dave
Yeah your right they will go far off get destroyed by another team cry a whole lot aww boo hoo we are burkeville state champs we will win it all!! Burkeville will be lucky to be losing just by 5 td's at half time mark my words you all will see that burkeville= is horrible!

[quote name="whtUsay" post="854576" timestamp="1285286230"]
Some of you are making this #20 kid sound like an all around ALL STAR. I agree that some people are a great asset to a team but no team consists of just one person. That is why it's called a TEAM. I am sorry that this kid is hurt because I bet that you all would not be bragging about this kid as much as you are now beings as he will be standing on the sideline so no one will know how great of a player he is. And we will never know if the game would have turned out different. So everybody play their game and we will see who comes out on top  ;D
[/quote]

#20 is an all around ALL STAR, you would of had to see him play this year to know what we mean. And as Brother Persley stated, an even better person. If you have any doubts, call up Coach Lineweaver, cause he put him on the Euless Trinity Varsity squad after hurricane Ike.

But....... you are very right, it takes the whole team and he was not racking up the stats he was getting without some help! It is a TEAM and it remains a TEAM. The Cardinals still have all their skills in place. They will use all they have to win their football games. All the great coaches in 1A know you never let your players ever take anyone lightly!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder