Nederland at Barbers Hill Game Thread/BH Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job to both teams.  Nederland played better than the 28-0 spread indicated but just had a few mental mistakes.  Looks like they got some of that corrected in the 4th.  I was proud of the BH boys as they were working on every play and it seemed to be someone different on every tackle.  Now we get a week off before starting district I think.

Wow is right ;D Just back from the game and Ned almost came back and won this thing after getting beat like a drum for 2 1/2 quarters!!! Right at the end of the 3rd Quarter Ned said the heck with this and ran the spread! With a little help from BH getting nailed with two unsportsman like conducts (1 valid the other BS) and a questionable onside kick that went 8 yards Ned went to the air! the BH D put descent pressure on the Ned QB knocking him down just about every play, but he kept hooking up with #7 on Ned time after time. The game ended on a 4th and 2 on the BH 20 in which BH held on for the win!!! We have some more work to do ,but we held on to the ball!!!!! which was huge and the Defense came up with some timely picks. Great effort by BH and terrific comback by Ned you guys have one heck of a coach over their!!!! Good luck to Ned in 20 4A it's still early yall will get it together.

Oh and to the Fearless prediction writter (You know who you are ;D) how do you like your crow

Ok it was a good game the score at the start of the forth didnt indicate how good either team was playing. #7 for Ned has some skill! if you give him a 10 yard cushion he will eat you up. BH moved the ball good all night but they had some penalties that cost them at some bad times. They got to get them under control. I dont think we had a fumble the whole night which is alot better then last week. BH D got after the Nederland QB all night long they hit him hard several times and he stood in there. Good job Ned on a great game!

BH good job on the first win rest up and heal up this next week enjoy the break and get ready for Dayton.

[quote name="Eagle82" post="843889" timestamp="1284173635"]
Hillguy...give me your take.  'Bout gave me a heart attack from 1100 miles away!!!!
[/quote]

Hey 82!...it was just as bad 50 yds from the action.  The main story here is BH did not put the ball on the ground or throw to the wrong color jerseys.  Despite some unraveling that led to costly penalties late, we looked much more disciplined and mistake free overall.  I think we got a little too conservative up by such a large margin and we started playing too soft in the secondary.

The onside kick was legit with a monster hit on 32 trying to field the ball before it went 10.  Give credit to Ned for not laying down.  Send us a cold front from Co...please!

[quote name="BHFAN" post="843972" timestamp="1284175092"]
Wow is right ;D Just back from the game and Ned almost came back and won this thing after getting beat like a drum for 2 1/2 quarters!!! Right at the end of the 3rd Quarter Ned said the heck with this and ran the spread! With a little help from BH getting nailed with two unsportsman like conducts (1 valid the other BS) and a questionable onside kick that went 8 yards Ned went to the air! the BH D put descent pressure on the Ned QB knocking him down just about every play, but he kept hooking up with #7 on Ned time after time. The game ended on a 4th and 2 on the BH 20 in which BH held on for the win!!! We have some more work to do ,but we held on to the ball!!!!! which was huge and the Defense came up with some timely picks. Great effort by BH and terrific comback by Ned you guys have one heck of a coach over their!!!! Good luck to Ned in 20 4A it's still early yall will get it together.

Oh and to the Fearless prediction writter (You know who you are ;D) how do you like your crow
[/quote]

Call him out!!

Thanks Hillguy...I missed my local Homecoming tonight to see if 19-4A could salvage a win against 20-4A.  Locally, it was 43-19 at the half for our Redskins (we have to play 8-man here).  Anyway, glad to hear that our guys held on to the ball this time.  Saw some stats on Chron.com though that Nederland had like 391 total yards.  Wayyyy too many yards, but I'll take the win just the same.  See you in a few weeks for the Lee game!  As for as the coldfront...it's on it's way as it's in the 30's tonight here.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="844113" timestamp="1284177751"]
[quote author=Eagle82 link=topic=72783.msg843889#msg843889 date=1284173635]
Hillguy...give me your take.  'Bout gave me a heart attack from 1100 miles away!!!!
[/quote]

Hey 82!...it was just as bad 50 yds from the action.  The main story here is BH did not put the ball on the ground or throw to the wrong color jerseys.  Despite some unraveling that led to costly penalties late, we looked much more disciplined and mistake free overall.  I think we got a little too conservative up by such a large margin and we started playing too soft in the secondary.

The onside kick was legit with a monster hit on 32 trying to field the ball before it went 10.  Give credit to Ned for not laying down.  Send us a cold front from Co...please!
[/quote]

We didn't really start playing too soft in the secondary, we have been getting eaten up against the pass since we started this year. Count the points against us this year on the pass alone. The 'D' did a great job against the run! Offense was moving the ball well too.

Stats are for losers, but I like this one.

Nederland                  Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill
Total yards 391                214
First downs 20                10
Rushes/Yds 35/169          27/200
Average rush 4.83          7.41
Comp/Atts 19/36/2          2/4/0
Pass yards [color=goldenrod][b]222[/b][/color]                    14

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member