After Friday,I spy out of Control coaching staff how bout U?

Guest Jmeek

After a quick trip to see my boys friday it was a quick trip of dissapointment and embrassment, I witnessed a total break down in a once very strong and confident coaching staff and watched a very talented young team fall apart do to poor condition lack of leadership and just looking as if they had no Ideal what the other team was bringing to the table. The Head Coach is no doubt one of the best and I have nothing but respect for Him and his assitant but when control of the Staff is becoming a issue and their is no care to control then maybe it is really time to step down,I hate saying that but its time. Goodluck the rest of the way and I really hope to see someone put there footdown.         

not trying to hurt anyone so I didnt metion any names or schools. If any of this applies to your Team please leave a comment

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="Jcmeek83" post="841110" timestamp="1283872584"]
After a quick trip to see my boys friday it was a quick trip of dissapointment and embrassment, I witnessed a total break down in a once very strong and confident coaching staff and watched a very talented young team fall apart do to poor condition lack of leadership and just looking as if they had no Ideal what the other team was bringing to the table. The Head Coach is no doubt one of the best and I have nothing but respect for Him and his assitant but when control of the Staff is becoming a issue and their is no care to control then maybe it is really time to step down,I hate saying that but its time. Goodluck the rest of the way and I really hope to see someone put there footdown.           

not trying to hurt anyone so I didnt metion any names or schools. If any of this applies to your Team please leave a comment
[/quote]

???

After watching an assistant coach for a team totally lose it and go after the refs after the game, for a team with a highly respected head coach, I agree that some of these teams have some issues. It is tough for the head coach to control folks in the situation, it has to start before that with a standard and if you do not meet that standard, you are gone. I would not renew the assistants contract if I was the head coach of the team I saw do that recently.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="841138" timestamp="1283874946"]
After watching an assistant coach for a team totally lose it and go after the refs after the game, for a team with a highly respected head coach, I agree that some of these teams have some issues. It is tough for the head coach to control folks in the situation, it has to start before that with a standard and if you do not meet that standard, you are gone. I would not renew the assistants contract if I was the head coach of the team I saw do that recently.
[/quote]

Here we go. ;D

Seems that more than Newton had that problem. Not much to coment on not knowing who he is refering to. If it was my team I would say go back to the basics, give the boys something to focus on and the coaches need to man up and lead the team by example. Newton, Vidor who ever, both good teams with good coaches just off track a little.

[quote name="kville" post="841144" timestamp="1283875366"]
Seems that more than Newton had that problem. Not much to coment on not knowing who he is refering to. If it was my team I would say go back to the basics, give the boys something to focus on and the coaches need to man up and lead the team by example. Newton, Vidor who ever, both good teams with good coaches just off track a little.

[/quote]

???

[/quote]

That's why someone... kind of like yourself... would never be in that position. It takes a little compassion and understanding, especially when you have a young, passionate coach who loses his cool after watching his kids give a winning effort and get screwed repeatedly by the same person... ;) ;D

Aggie, you knew it was coming so don't say anythig if this gets kind of long. I'm sure I'm about to get plenty of ammo to keep me busy for a while. :D ;D

A good experienced coach would send the young assistant to this dirty work also if he felt it necessary. He can then back him up when the crap hits the fan from the administration. Even so that does not always mean its a bad thing to do.  Sometimes coaches behave in a way to motivate players---ie Bobby Knight. 
Dont underestimate what type of stuff/strategy  happens behind the scenes.  The price of a ticket only allows you to see what goes on between the hash marks and goal post.    There is much more than that  ;D

FW Stangs has no clue what he is talking about.  The REASON the asst. coach "went after" the refs was to ask why there was no time left on the clock because the ball was thrown out of bounds with 3 seconds left on the clock.  THAT is why he went over to the ref after the game.  You would think he would just leave it alone.  He won the game, get over it!  Geez!!!!!

[quote name="w" post="841433" timestamp="1283897988"]
FW Stangs has no clue what he is talking about.  The REASON the asst. coach "went after" the refs was to ask why there was no time left on the clock because the ball was thrown out of bounds with 3 seconds left on the clock.  THAT is why he went over to the ref after the game.  You would think he would just leave it alone.  He won the game, get over it!  Geez!!!!!
[/quote]

Ok , ok yall brought in the specifics. If that is how you want your role models to behave. Fine. I hope the assistant coach who gets it and pulled the out of control coach away from the refs and the cops is ok, looks like he might have separated his shoulder tackling his peer.

The Control of the staff I was refering to has been getting out of control for the last 3 seasons enough to make a DC leave town and a few other good coaches . enough that 12 players were MIA for Mondays practice..............but its week one things look bleek but it will all work out in time, I hope.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="841438" timestamp="1283898305"]
[quote author=w link=topic=72607.msg841433#msg841433 date=1283897988]
FW Stangs has no clue what he is talking about.  The REASON the asst. coach "went after" the refs was to ask why there was no time left on the clock because the ball was thrown out of bounds with 3 seconds left on the clock.  THAT is why he went over to the ref after the game.  You would think he would just leave it alone.  He won the game, get over it!  Geez!!!!!
[/quote]

Ok , ok yall brought in the specifics. If that is how you want your role models to behave. Fine. I hope the assistant coach who gets it and pulled the out of control coach away from the refs and the cops is ok, looks like he might have separated his shoulder tackling his peer.
[/quote]

He is fine, thanks for your concern... ::)

[quote name="kville" post="841144" timestamp="1283875366"]

[/quote]Hey kville, you back on the yack? Matthews has had no trouble with his staff getting out of line!!

[quote name="Jcmeek83" post="841470" timestamp="1283901784"]
The Control of the staff I was refering to has been getting out of control for the last 3 seasons enough to make a DC leave town and a few other good coaches . enough that 12 players were MIA for Mondays practice..............but its week one things look bleek but it will all work out in time, I hope.
[/quote]
This guy needs to get a hobby besides running down teams he could never play for... The fact is this guy probably sits by and gets second hand information and spreads it around like he is in the mix. Get a life. Leave the kids and this coaching staff alone.
Apparently hard time are going on so the last thing everybody needs is another bystander running them into the dirt. Thing will come together and start clicking.

P.S.
Meek: The light on my street is out. Come work on that for me... Thanks.

[quote name="ZATARRA" post="842269" timestamp="1284006141"]
[quote author=Jcmeek83 link=topic=72607.msg841470#msg841470 date=1283901784]
[/quote]
This guy needs to get a hobby besides running down teams he could never play for... The fact is this guy probably sits by and gets second hand information and spreads it around like he is in the mix. Get a life. Leave the kids and this coaching staff alone.
Apparently hard time are going on so the last thing everybody needs is another bystander running them into the dirt. Thing will come together and start clicking.

P.S.
[/quote]
You've got the wrong Meek, close but no cigar. He is right about problems within the coaching ranks.

[quote name="ZATARRA" post="842269" timestamp="1284006141"]
[quote author=Jcmeek83 link=topic=72607.msg841470#msg841470 date=1283901784]
[/quote]

P.S.
[/quote] Thats real funny not real sure what your talking about but just want to ask where is your state ring , mine is at the house right beside my Conf championship ring. Where have u been u just pop out of nowhere and talk crap , I know half the coaches in SETX and the owner of this website if you don't like my opinions dont freakin read them simple as that.

[/quote]

Im getting so tired of having to see your post hijacking. Yall won, game over. Give it a rest. We physicaly beat you up and down that field. Yall won on the scoreboard though, and thats what matters. Go pester some other board. Ive never seen someone so proud of beating a team under your clasification. If you are just trying to ruffle feathers, then great job, but please just drop it. THE REFS WERE HORIFFIC!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami