NEDERLAND VS BARBERS HILL PREDICTIONS

[quote name="Nederland Dog 2006" post="842426" timestamp="1284051073"]
What's up guys?! My first post this year! HAOO! Nederland by 10. Young quarterback looks better every week. Keep and eye out for our #25. Jordan Wood. He is just a good all around ball player. He will have a good impact on defence.
[/quote]

Look for #5 Edwin Nelson (RB) and #11 Zac Taylor (DB) as well.... very impressive

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Nederland Dog 2006" post="842449" timestamp="1284053587"]
Not sure. He wasn't in pads the second half of last weeks game.
[/quote]

I know. Spoke with him after the game and he was a little "glassy" eyed. Not sure if they determined the severity of the injury or if it was truly a concussion.

You know, just my opinion here, but I see a couple kids who have playmaker ability. But overall, this nederland team, to me, is just that team that has a bunch of just good football players. Good size on offensive line and defensive line. Looks like we found our running game last week. That young quarterback gets better little by little each week. Just a solid football team. Solid. I would like to see a couple more kids on the sideline line suited up. We are starting to look thin.

I've been a regular reader of these forums for many years, but after the ridiculous lack of acknowledgment for so many kids fighting and getting hurt on that field the last couple of weeks, I finally had to create the account and comment. 

BH had so much talent being wasted on the sideline during the first game against Santa Fe.  There were a couple of kids that "got trucked" and should have been on the field. 

During the Lumberton game, the same thing happened, at least during the first quarter and a half.

How many fumbles did McMillan have at QB and how many did he have at RB ???? 

How many fumbles did the FB TRULY have??

What is amazing is that NO ONE has mentioned broken tackles .... How about the blocks leading to the Touchdowns or more importantly the numerous plays BEFORE those plays resulting in touchdowns .....

WHY ISN"T ANYONE BRINGING THESE THINGS UP?? 

ANYONE CAN RUN A K/OFF BACK FOR A TOUCHDOWN WHEN THERE IS AMAZING BLOCKING ON THE FIELD .... MY NIECE COULD'VE RUN THAT KICK OFF BACK DURING THE SANTA FE GAME .....

I hope BH Coaches wake up soon and learn to "eat their own crow" as far as the QB position is concerned; otherwise, it's going to be an UNEVENTFUL season all the way around.  [color=blue][i](IE:  Baytown Sun Article Dated August 16, 2010:  "Last year’s running back Andrew McMillan, a junior this year, isn’t competing at running back because he’s taking snaps under center. It was McMillan’s speed that Gage likes in leaning toward making McMillan the Eagles’ next quarterback.  “He has great acceleration, and you need that at quarterback,” Gage said. “You don’t have to be the best athlete, but you have to have the impact, and you have to have some leadership qualities. You have to have some confidence. You have to be someone the guys respect a lot, so there is a little added pressure.”
[/i][/color]

So, what now ????? Is it back to McMillan at RB??? TOO BAD they were in such a hurry during the Spring to make their decision on QB .... Had they have taken some time and actually looked at the other candidates, there probably wouldn't be any need to "Eat Crow" on their part.  Talk to the fans of the Sophomore and JV Teams from last year and see what they have to say about those QB's.  Check into game videos (there are actually a couple of them for the underclass teams)

BOTTOM LINE, QUIT focusing on McMillan and Duke and start watching the plays by the other kids on the field.

Don't even get me started on the Quality Helmets (vs the cheapest ones, which anyone attending the last two games and scrimmage have witnessed)?  What happened, did they sacrifice the overall well being of the players on the field for a darn tunnel??

Additionally, I hear "through the grapevine" that BH has a NEW "thing" this year, where they name an Offensive MVP, Defensive MVP and Special Teams MVP at the beginning of each week (following the game).  I would LOVE to be in the room when those kids are named, actually, I'd rather be in the room with the coaches when they are reviewing the game film to make that determination.  Heck, at least I would know that they actually watched the game video.  Although, I'd still be clueless as to the "chosen ones".

WAKE UP BH Coaching Staff or you guys are in for a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT this year!!!  I only hope the talented players, who aren't mentioned or recognized during your weekly meetings, don't get so frustrated that they give-up all together.

Please DO NOT make any snide remarks, unless you have watched the full game videos the last couple of weeks .... I PROMISE you will come to the same conclusion that we are all HAVING TO DEAL WITH. 

JUST SAYIN .... the truth.

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED FAN

P.S.  When and where does the BH Booster Club meet?  Do the coaches attend the Booster Club Meetings?  If so, has anyone questioned the helmets or anything else for that matter?

Frustrated wow!   ??? Just keep in mind that these are teenagers you are mentioning in this forum. Whether or not you agree with the choices made, these young men are still teenagers that were chosen by the staff. You touched on a lot of different issues that concern you and others, but take it easy on the kids.  ;D

It's too early to start piling on, we haven't even beat Dayton yet.  ;D

They are kids that put on the pads every Friday night-----exposing themselves to criticism and ridicule from there friends, family, peers, and practically the entire town-yet they do it anyway. The least we can do is be a little more delicate when we criticize them.

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="842951" timestamp="1284129176"]
They are kids that put on the pads every Friday night-----exposing themselves to criticism and ridicule from there friends, family, peers, and practically the entire town-yet they do it anyway. [b]The least we can do is be a little more delicate when we criticize them.[/b][/quote][quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=72534.msg842946#msg842946 date=1284128595]
Frustrated wow!  ??? Just keep in mind that these are teenagers you are mentioning in this forum. Whether or not you agree with the choices made, these young men are still teenagers that were chosen by the staff. You touched on a lot of different issues that concern you and others, but[b] take it easy on the kids.[/b]  ;D

It's too early to start piling on, we haven't even beat Dayton yet.  ;D
[/quote]

Yeah... that.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="842960" timestamp="1284130073"]
Futbol Fan...i'm sorry your kid didn't get to play.  If he has half the talent playing football as you do whining he should be ok.  On the bright side, you are in the running for the "Crybaby Rant of the Year", good luck with that.
[/quote]
The "DUDE" is RUDE! ;D ;D ;D No need to be ugly.

What no comment about BH beating the Broncs? ;D I can't believe you didn't take me seriously. >:(

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="842966" timestamp="1284130987"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=72534.msg842960#msg842960 date=1284130073]
Futbol Fan...i'm sorry your kid didn't get to play.  If he has half the talent playing football as you do whining he should be ok.  On the bright side, you are in the running for the "Crybaby Rant of the Year", good luck with that.
[/quote]
The "DUDE" is RUDE! ;D ;D ;D No need to be ugly.

What no comment about BH beating the Broncs? ;D I can't believe you didn't take me seriously. >:(
[/quote]

Now you know that little pearl of wisdom is EXACTLY what futbol fan needed to hear.  Your'e more than welcome to sit with me during the BH/Dayton game if you want to see what it feels like to leave a stadium and be surrounded by people who just watched their team win a game!!!

Now you know that little pearl of wisdom is EXACTLY what futbol fan needed to hear.  Your'e more than welcome to sit with me during the BH/Dayton game if you want to see what it feels like to leave a stadium and be surrounded by people who just watched their team win a game!!!

[size=12pt]Well, that was their "first" post and wearing an 0-2 jacket will frustrate anybody, and I don't believe the larger 0-fer jackets will fit any better.

Here's to a better outcome tonight![/size]

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="842864" timestamp="1284112516"]
Exetremely to the extreme frustrated fan.
IMO the coaches have the kids out on the field that they believe will do the team the best.
Just from what I have seen, the future of BH hinges on their sophomores, they were easily the best group of players from 9th to 12th.
[/quote]

The 10th/11th grade group is the best when put together. The sophomores won't win everything by themselves, that's a fact. I do agree that there is some good talent (that may not return next year) standing on the sidelines watching some players out there that need to be on the sidelines. Our defensive backs may have some speed, but they aren't covering receivers very well, costing us many TDs. We need to have an O-line block in the trenches a little better so we can throw the football a little more to divert attention from our 98% run game. JMO

I think tonight is the night that we will see Carson Raines mature. I think BH will put an extra defender in the box and force us to throw the ball. With 2 games under his belt, I think Carson is going to take the next step to becomming a good passing QB. Just a feeling. If the Dogs develop a solid passing game to go with the several good running backs then the offense could be really good. Passing game will be there when Dionte gets back, but I think we can throw it with Carson as well.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="843027" timestamp="1284136828"]
[quote author=bhringo link=topic=72534.msg842969#msg842969 date=1284131285]
[color=blue]Eagles[/color]       [color=blue]21[/color]
[color=goldenrod]Nederland  14[/color]
[/quote]

:o :D

[/quote]

yea that is a little funny ... i say BH by atleast 2 TD's ...  :P

[quote name="BH6886" post="843036" timestamp="1284137258"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=72534.msg843027#msg843027 date=1284136828]
[quote author=bhringo link=topic=72534.msg842969#msg842969 date=1284131285]
[color=blue]Eagles[/color]       [color=blue]21[/color]
[color=goldenrod]Nederland  14[/color]
[/quote]

:o :D

[/quote]

yea that is a little funny ... i say BH by atleast 2 TD's ...  :P
[/quote]

BH6886,  How do you like your crow?  Medium or well done?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin