NEDERLAND VS BARBERS HILL PREDICTIONS

[quote name="BH6886" post="839671" timestamp="1283665601"]
wow ... was wondering when this was gonna pop up ...  ::)

well i have to go with BH ... they win this 1 by 2 touchdowns ... !!! ...

my reason ... ???  ??? ... cause BH will THROW the ball more ... !!! (I hope) ...  ;D
[/quote]
A BH fan complaining about not throwing the ball...PRICEless! ;D

Dogs win this one.
As I stated before, the Bone offenses don't work at the 4A level and up. Too many athletes to contend with each week. Especially if you get to the playoffs.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="badndn" post="841130" timestamp="1283874603"]
[quote author=BH6886 link=topic=72534.msg839671#msg839671 date=1283665601]

my reason ... ???  ??? ... cause BH will THROW the ball more ... !!! (I hope) ...  ;D
[/quote]

Dogs win this one.
As I stated before, the Bone offenses don't work at the 4A level and up. Too many athletes to contend with each week. Especially if you get to the playoffs.
[/quote]

But Gage won State with this offense. ;D

[quote name="GCMPats" post="841132" timestamp="1283874691"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=72534.msg841130#msg841130 date=1283874603]

[/quote]

Dogs win this one.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Yeah, 20 years ago! ;D

You can pass the ball on Nederland. GCM must have dropped 6 or 7 passes and 3 or 4 in open space. Game should have been a lot closer. Keep the defense off of the field. If BH has a gamebreaker at RB, be patient and you may get a big play against them. No penalties or bad snaps and you will stay in this game. GCM has not figured this out yet.

Nederland has a good O-Line and will get some yardage but if you stop the run and make them throw in third and long you will be succesfull. QB had problems throwing the ball and has limited varsity exp. I believe Nederland probably had almost 2-1 time of posession against GCM which kept our offense off of the field. Go get your first win...

[quote name="cbear4" post="841154" timestamp="1283875920"]
You can pass the ball on Nederland. GCM must have dropped 6 or 7 passes and 3 or 4 in open space. Game should have been a lot closer. Keep the defense off of the field. If BH has a gamebreaker at RB, be patient and you may get a big play against them. No penalties or bad snaps and you will stay in this game. GCM has not figured this out yet.

Nederland has a good O-Line and will get some yardage but if you stop the run and make them throw in third and long you will be succesfull. QB had problems throwing the ball and has limited varsity exp. I believe Nederland probably had almost 2-1 time of posession against GCM which kept our offense off of the field. Go get your first win...
[/quote]
Agreed. GCM could actually be a great passing team if their receivers would learn to catch the ball, the QB has the arm for it. I remember during our scrimmage with them one receiver constantly trying to catch the ball with one hand, that looks good on highlight reels but ain't worth a darn for the most part.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="841166" timestamp="1283877041"]
[quote author=cbear4 link=topic=72534.msg841154#msg841154 date=1283875920]

[/quote]
Agreed. GCM could actually be a great passing team if their receivers would learn to catch the ball, the QB has the arm for it. I remember during our scrimmage with them one receiver constantly trying to catch the ball with one hand, that looks good on highlight reels but ain't worth a darn for the most part.
[/quote]

Nederland is a few steps of maturity ahead of GCM and it showed last week. They helped a very inexperienced QB out with a successful running game. BH may not be ready yet but believe me they are always well prepared. I hope it is enough to grab a win for 19-4a. We are sitting on goose eggs. I have not seen BH so I cannot really predict a winner.

With an average passing game and the running back that you guys (Lumberton) did not get to see because of injury, GCM could move the ball more consistently. I am usually hard on QB's but GCM's is tough and leads very well and should get better at making decisions. I wonder if he will play this week.

I believe you guys should play Nederland very well. Your physical and have enough of a running game and passing game to make the playoffs in that very tough district. Good luck.

I think this will be a good ballgame. BH will probably play better at home than they have on the road. Nederland looked good running the ball last week with the two new runningbacks, but are still banged up at several positions. The defense has improved, but still gives up the occasional big play. The passing game has been non-existent so far for the Dogs and that is a big concern. I think it will be a good one, but if the Dogs defense can slow down the BH running attack they should be okay.

apparently bh could not run the spread or price would still be there and now they cannot run the flex bone.  two extremes. must be something in the middle they need. gage should check with town folk to see what they think he should run.  i am sure they have an opinion even though many have never buckled a chin strap but many had kin folks that did.

[quote name="SKINS" post="841782" timestamp="1283952182"]
I'm going ahead and saying that the chance of Gage deciding to throw the ball more with the lack of experience BH has at QB is very slim.
[/quote]

I agree! I think everyone THOUGHT we had a barn burner QB. If I remember correctly, lots of people said that it would be very different playing under the Friday night lights than A&M QB school and playing freshman football. Things move a lot faster. On the other hand, #4 can carry the ball pretty well for a freshman. Whatever happened to the JV QB from last year?

[quote name="badndn" post="841150" timestamp="1283875808"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=72534.msg841132#msg841132 date=1283874691]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=72534.msg841130#msg841130 date=1283874603]

[/quote]

Dogs win this one.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Yeah, 20 years ago! ;D
[/quote]
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but if your remember Lumberton's last HC, Fuller, he took Blinn College (I think that's the right one?) to the National Championships before Lumberton hired him. We all know how that went don't we?  :-[

[color=black][b][color=blue][b]I agree! I think everyone THOUGHT we had a barn burner QB. If I remember correctly, lots of people said that it would be very different playing under the Friday night lights than A&M QB school and playing freshman football. Things move a lot faster. On the other hand, #4 can carry the ball pretty well for a freshman. Whatever happened to the JV QB from last year?[/[/color]b][/b][/color]
[size=12pt]
In all fairness to BH's QB's, You have a [b]Soph[/b] in a new run based offense who had been groomed to run a spread offense, and a [b]Frosh[/b] who looks more comfortable in a run based offense but is still cutting his teeth. Both guys are having to learn on the fly running for their lives. Both of these young men will do fine once a decision is made on who will be "the guy". BH folks are just going to have to be patient (gritting my teeth as I type) while we settle into the new system.[/size]

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="841920" timestamp="1283968169"]
[color=black][b][color=blue][b]I agree! I think everyone THOUGHT we had a barn burner QB. If I remember correctly, lots of people said that it would be very different playing under the Friday night lights than A&M QB school and playing freshman football. Things move a lot faster. On the other hand, #4 can carry the ball pretty well for a freshman. Whatever happened to the JV QB from last year?[/[/color]b][/b][/color]
[size=12pt]
In all fairness to BH's QB's, You have a [b]Soph[/b] in a new run based offense who had been groomed to run a spread offense, and a [b]Frosh[/b] who looks more comfortable in a run based offense but is still cutting his teeth. Both guys are having to learn on the fly running for their lives. Both of these young men will do fine once a decision is made on who will be "the guy". BH folks are just going to have to be patient (gritting my teeth as I type) while we settle into the new system.[/size]
[/quote]

How long will you guys be patient with the flexbone? I figure 3 years without advancing in the playoffs will pretty much guarantee resumes being sought out in BH.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="842002" timestamp="1283976154"]
[quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=72534.msg841920#msg841920 date=1283968169]
[size=12pt]
[/quote]

How long will you guys be patient with the flexbone? I figure 3 years without advancing in the playoffs will pretty much guarantee resumes being sought out in BH[/quote]

Let's just hope Gage will coach to his personnel and tweak his system enough to be competitive and build from there.

The only ones that are concerned with BH's future are the Price squad and folk's that don't live in BH. Like I have said before everyone would love to enjoy a 1st year coach season like PNG did last year, but that is not even close to typical. BH will get better each week and may be ready to give Nederland a game this week, but we will just have to wait and see ;D

7 point game this week either way.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="842040" timestamp="1283979978"]
The only ones that are concerned with BH's future are the Price squad and folk's that don't live in BH. Like I have said before everyone would love to enjoy a 1st year coach season like PNG did last year, but that is not even close to typical. BH will get better each week and may be ready to give Nederland a game this week, but we will just have to wait and see ;D

7 point game this week either way.

[/quote]

Talk about PRICE envy, you just can't help yourself can you? Try talking about the Eagles without bringing up the past will you.

I think we are better than we showed in the WOS game.  Last week we played better but the opponent was no WOS.  Hopefully our passing game will improve.  I dont think we have 100 total passing yards on the season yet.  This young team has potential to do good things. 24-14 Dogs!            

Good Luck Bulldogs!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin