Beaumont Central at Port Arthur Memorial/TITANS WIN!!! 38-0

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm here.  Barely.  This was horrible, and it could have been a lot worse.  Memorial recievers dropped 2 TD passes.  These Titans moved the ball at will.  Their O and D lines are huge.  Defense made hard tackles.  Then let you know after the play that they hit you hard.  Their special teams was good in setting the tempo for the game on the opening kickoff.  Their QB did what he wanted when he wanted.  Whatever a good football team looks like, Memorial fits the description.  I with them well on a good season, as I know they will.

Now on to Central.  We sucked.  It started with tackling.  We are tackle.  Titans we tackle in the backfield still end up getting first downs.  We can't cover anyone.  We didn't try to cover anyone.  We made adjustments in the middle of the third when the game was pretty much out of hand.  If we don't get better on defense, we won't do squat.  On offense, our coaches are still stuck on the 'Friendswood' syndrome.  We come out in the shot gun once again.  And once again, it DON'T work.  Too many fumbled and bumbled snaps.  Our O-Line forgot how to pick up the blitz.  We did have better success out of the I formation (WOW!  WHO WOULD HAVE FIGURED??).  Memorial's defense if fast and mean, but we did good with counter plays, but you know our brilliant coaching staff went away from it since it was working so good...  ::) ::) ...  I'm Just beyond belief that the staff was just relaxed with how ill prepared they had our kids out there.  There was quit on their faces...  

Well, on to next week, and what a great team to draw but West Brook.  I know I probably cant judge our improvement on a team of that caliber, but I do want to see SOME improvement.  I want to see that somebody wants to compete.  

P.S.  What did Heard not get into the game untill late in the second quarter?   ??? ???
(p.s.) p.s....  Prayers to #33 from Central as he was taken off the field on a stretcher.  Appeared to be a neck injury.  Didn't seem to see much movement.  

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="832789" timestamp="1282968693"]
I'm here.  Barely.  This was horrible, and it could have been a lot worse.  Memorial recievers dropped 2 TD passes.  These Titans moved the ball at will.  Their O and D lines are huge.  Defense made hard tackles.  Then let you know after the play that they hit you hard.  Their special teams was good in setting the tempo for the game on the opening kickoff.  Their QB did what he wanted when he wanted.  Whatever a good football team looks like, Memorial fits the description.  I with them well on a good season, as I know they will.

Now on to Central.  We sucked.  It started with tackling.  We are tackle.  Titans we tackle in the backfield still end up getting first downs.  We can't cover anyone.  We didn't try to cover anyone.  We made adjustments in the middle of the third when the game was pretty much out of hand.  If we don't get better on defense, we won't do squat.  On offense, our coaches are still stuck on the 'Friendswood' syndrome.  We come out in the shot gun once again.  And once again, it DON'T work.  Too many fumbled and bumbled snaps.  Our O-Line forgot how to pick up the blitz.  We did have better success out of the I formation (WOW!  WHO WOULD HAVE FIGURED??).  Memorial's defense if fast and mean, but we did good with counter plays, but you know our brilliant coaching staff went away from it since it was working so good...  ::) ::) ...  I'm Just beyond belief that the staff was just relaxed with how ill prepared they had our kids out there.  There was quit on their faces...  

Well, on to next week, and what a great team to draw but West Brook.  I know I probably cant judge our improvement on a team of that caliber, but I do want to see SOME improvement.  I want to see that somebody wants to compete.  

P.S.  What did Heard not get into the game untill late in the second quarter?   ??? ???
(p.s.) p.s....  Prayers to #33 from Central as he was taken off the field on a stretcher.  Appeared to be a neck injury.  Didn't seem to see much movement.  
[/quote]Heard didnt play til 2nd??  what happened?

[quote name="scooter!" post="832795" timestamp="1282968778"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=71980.msg832789#msg832789 date=1282968693]

[/quote]Heard didnt play til 2nd??   what happened?
[/quote]A lot of questions that remains unanswered, man.  I don't know why he didn't start and didn't come in untill late in the second quarter.  I also don't know why we are still stuck in that Friendswood crap.  >:( >:(

[quote name="scooter!" post="832790" timestamp="1282968708"]
[quote author=BORAM link=topic=71980.msg832784#msg832784 date=1282968572]
Them Jags got toasted!!   :o :o
[/quote]not hardly. 38 will probably be the average pts scored from PAM this yr, hopefully. i think they averaged 36 last yr.
[/quote]Gosh dang, man! You are an arrogant little man, aren't you?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="832802" timestamp="1282968905"]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=71980.msg832795#msg832795 date=1282968778]

[/quote]A lot of questions that remains unanswered, man.  I don't know why he didn't start and didn't come in untill late in the second quarter.  I also don't know why we are still stuck in that Friendswood crap.   >:( >:(
[/quote]something doesnt add up. how you dont play your best player? and no it aint arrogance, look it up. they were a high scoring team last yr. thats just a way of life now with the spread O.

[quote name="scooter!" post="832807" timestamp="1282969091"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=71980.msg832802#msg832802 date=1282968905]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=71980.msg832795#msg832795 date=1282968778]

[/quote]A lot of questions that remains unanswered, man.  I don't know why he didn't start and didn't come in untill late in the second quarter.  I also don't know why we are still stuck in that Friendswood crap.   >:( >:(
[/quote]something doesnt add up. how you dont play your best player? and no it aint arrogance, look it up. they were a high scoring team last yr. thats just a way of life now with the spread O.
[/quote]Really don't matter, we would have still lost if he was in the game the whole time anyway.  I just figure that folks learned something from last year, but it's the same ol' crap from the end of last year...

[quote name="The GOAT" post="832861" timestamp="1282970515"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=71980.msg832847#msg832847 date=1282970202]
Why do we even need to play the game? If we ask you, PAM will beat us by 75! So, whats the point?
[/quote]82, are you starting again? >:(
[/quote]he is but come district Titans will hush that up.

[font=Courier]Could have been much worse. Several dropped passes and a few fumbles. PAM lost a senior WR with a broke ankle. Hope the kid from Central makes a quick recovery as well.

Central had their chances but several fumbles. Jags showed some signs of life. QB has plenty of potential but they are thin thin at OL/DL.

PAM looked much better on defense, and hit much harder than last year. [/font]

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="832886" timestamp="1282971228"]
[font=Courier]Could have been much worse. Several dropped passes and a few fumbles. PAM lost a senior WR with a broke ankle. Hope the kid from Central makes a quick recovery as well.

Central had their chances but several fumbles. Jags showed some signs of life. QB has plenty of potential but they are thin thin at OL/DL.

[/quote]what sr WR?????

[quote name="scooter!" post="832894" timestamp="1282971426"]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=71980.msg832886#msg832886 date=1282971228]

[/quote]what sr WR?????
[/quote]Overton, he played in the slot, I hate it,great leader and he had an excellent summer. :'(

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="832899" timestamp="1282971697"]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=71980.msg832861#msg832861 date=1282970515]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=71980.msg832847#msg832847 date=1282970202]
Why do we even need to play the game? If we ask you, PAM will beat us by 75! So, whats the point?
[/quote]82, are you starting again? >:(
[/quote]Not me....your buddy, there, did it!
[/quote] ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83