HOLD THAT TIGER

skipper

20 Fumbles - 13 Lost Fumbles = Close Games

Yes, but what you aren't realizing is that you did all those turnovers against the worst teams in the district...that's why you were still able to sqeak out those victories. You make those kind of turnovers against Wo-s it's a blowout, I mean to the point that people will wonder if your better than Hf or Hj because they will put the same amount of points against you as they did them. Wo-s is a very quick strike team this year...you can't make mistakes and put there offense on the field. Wo-s haven't punted the ball since like early September...they scored evertime except for when they kneeled on the ball to kill the clock. I know a couple of those teams wasn't very good, but if you can go all those games without punting then that means that your offense can do some things.

No' date=' it's grass. There is no local field with an artificial surface.[/quote']

Oh okay...I don't think it will make that big of a difference because Wo-s can run inside, outside and throw the ball. That's good to be able to do alot of things on offense in this kind of weather in case you have trouble making cuts, you can go to other options. If your a one demensional team it can be a long night for you if you can't get your footing on a wet field. I think the field will dry up enough by Friday.

You make some good points tam. I agree that WOS has a very solid looking team to this point, but I keep asking myself. Other than Dayton, who have they played. Their schedule has really been weak in my opinion. I was at the Dayton game. It was 6 to 6 at halftime, and to be honest I thought Dayton missed a few opportunities that should have put them ahead. I sat with the WOS fans until the half, and some of you were a little worried to say the least. I've read a few of your post, and you like to refer to how WOS stopped the Dayton running back, but I was surprised in that game because they didn't give him the ball more. He didn't get the ball that often, and he did have some good carries. What you don't seem to remember about the game is Daytons QB, he ran the ball all over WOS that night. The way I remember it, the Mustangs came out in the second half and completed a couple of long Passes in the end zone that seem to break an already tired Daytons back. It was early in the season, WOS was in better condition, and to me that is what decided the outcome of this ballgame.

I know you could make the same argument about Silsbee, and probably in a little higher style, we haven't dominated anyone this year. The Tigers have done just enough to win, and I won't be surprised at all if they do it again Friday night.

Guest GoStangs

Very interesting post. I like the sentence, "Other than Dayton, who have they played?" The Bay City game was the only other game WOS played. Beyond that, the games were pretty much over by halftime. ;)

The Dayton game was very good, but I find it odd that you write about Dayton's squandered opportunities while 1) not giving WOS credit for stopping Dayton and 2) not mentioning the WOS missed opportunities. The RB and QB were good, but WOS stopped both of them when they needed to. The argument that the RB didn't get the ball enough doesn't fly, especially when, as you pointed out, the QB was running the ball very effectively against the WOS defense in the first half -- had Dugat got the ball more, the QB wouldn't have had such a good night, and the argument today would be the QB didn't run it enough. Dugat had two runs that netted him about 45 yards, but other than that, he did very little for the evening.

The game was 6-6 at halftime, but WOS adjusted and Dayton didn't. You may wonder how a 3A school with 26 players on the roster could outlast a 4A school with more depth. It's about conditioning, the plays they ran that wore down Dayton's DL, and the mental makeup of this team. They were down for a while, but once they got ahead 12-9, the game was over, and both sidelines knew it.

I have to quote my Silver and Blue friend, Gasilla -

"It's all about the match-ups".

The BC @ Silsbee game is a prime example. Silsbee didn't need to option very may times - the dive was killing BC. The Silsbee O- and D-Line size was too much for BC, as well as the outside speed on Silsbee's D. Silsbee won ALL of those match-ups.

Now, the question is - How will Silsbee's size and speed match up against WO-S's :?: How will WO-S's speed at skill positions be contained :?: How will WO-S's shallow roster keep them in the game in the 4th quarter, after those big Tiggers have been leaning on them all night :?: It's not about heart - You both have it. It's not about mud - You both have to play in it.

This is why I posted earlier in the week, that if anybody (besides BC, that is :wink: ) has a chance to de-throne the Mustangs, it will be Silsbee. This SHOULD be a great game. I'm almost sorry I have to miss it.

:idea: Hey - You guys wouldn't wanna play on SATURDAY, would ya :?:

GOSTANGS wrote: The argument that the RB didn't get the ball enough doesn't fly, especially when, as you pointed out, the QB was running the ball very effectively against the WOS defense in the first half -- had Dugat got the ball more, the QB wouldn't have had such a good night, and the argument today would be the QB didn't run it enough. Dugat had two runs that netted him about 45 yards, but other than that, he did very little for the evening.

I think that's what I just said: If you like it better your way then fine, but thanx for agreeing with me. The point is Dayton moved the ball on the ground effectively against the mustangs. Personally I think they tried to pass to often and that hurt them.

Silsbee won't be passing the ball. Will they have as much success moving the ball on the ground as Dayton? I think so, but we will have to wait and see. I think the Mustangs are going to be tough. I hope both teams come out without any injuries. Good luck to all. I've been waiting on this game all year, so lets get it on!!!

Guest GoStangs

One thing is for sure -- I've enjoyed reading everyone's opinions about the game, and they have made me really look forward to seeing what each team will do this Friday night. It's going to be a lot of fun seeing these two teams finally battle it out!

It is true that Dayton did have a few good runs against WO-S, but I really don't see the correlation with that being, in some way, a sign that SHS will have success. Dayton scored 9 points. If SHS scores 9 points, I am pretty sure they are beat. Plus, SHS has not played anyone even close to the caliber of Dayton. The only team you could even consider anywhere close would be PNG who lost 42-0 to LCM, another team WO-S beat handily.

I truly expect this to be a tough game, but I expect it to be that way because I'm certain SHS will have the best game they have had all year. I don't expect the turnovers that they've been having. I expect this to be a well played, hard nose game. I DON'T think what either team has done to this point against anyone else matters. It will be about WO-S stopping the dive play and the big O line and about Silsbee finding a way to stop WO-S' wide open offense.

Gasilla, that was the smartest post to date. Could not have said it better

myself. Stop the dive and you stop Silsbee. Keeping WO-S off the field depends on the success of the DIVE. If we can run the dive and of course not fumble, then the clock goes with it and their goes the blowout.

Great post.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124