Scrimmage Predictions.....

SgtRey

For WB:

There is not very much of a drop between the first and second team at WB...WB is very deep in all positions right now.  

I believe the first team vs first team should be a good one with Lufkin...maybe 2 scores a piece.

I believe our second team will out score the first team 3 to 1.

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="Gasilla" post="824824" timestamp="1281621879"]
WOS vs Dayton... No clue!

I do know it will be a 4 qtr game scrimmage.
[/quote]

Hey Gasilla........ Hope you and the crew are well.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="824824" timestamp="1281621879"]
WOS vs Dayton... No clue!

I do know it will be a 4 qtr game scrimmage.
[/quote]

I have learned that the outcome of a scrimmage between these two teams is always positive. We have started a few seasons getting beat by WOS and then made good playoff runs. This scrimmage is a great way to start the year.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="824836" timestamp="1281625030"]
C'mon now SgtRey, we talkin' bout practice! I mean, practice!!

You don't make predictions of who wins or even keep score at practice!!! ;D

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!

NOBODY WINS SCRIMMAGES!!!!!!!

Thank you, have a good day. ;D
[/quote]
Chuck Norris wins scrimages.

My prediction is that on Saturday evening and Sunday morning that the reactions to the local scrimmages will range from "We really beat you guys, give us the State Championship!!!!" to "Big whoop! It is only a practice." :D :D :D

I also predict that in most cases the whether those posters call their team's performance in the scrimmages a "win" or "just practice" in a scrimmage will depend on whether their team scored more or less in those respective scrimmages. ;) ::) ;)

Well, I am going on record now as to say regardless of how any team (not just Silsbee) does in their respective scrimmages, there will be no "winners" and "losers" from Saturday's scrimmages.

Now I agree that there will and should be some that will be very excited or very disappointed based on the performances of their teams in these scrimmages. Some will play well, some will not, for a multitude of reasons. But it will not result in a "win" or a "loss".

Everyone should start getting some perspective on how their team will be. But claims of teams "winning" a scrimmage is just silly. Also, the ones that will say "had it been a real game, we would have won" are just as ridiculous.

Let's let the scrimmages be just what they are, glorified practices. No more, no less.

[quote name="BaseBow" post="824806" timestamp="1281616279"]
Don't know a thing about Fort Bend...If anyone knows anything let me know.Dogs looking pretty good ...We shall see
[/quote]

I spoke with a friend of mine that son plays for Nederland and asked me about FB Marshall. I think they went like 2-8 last year and are picked to come in 7th out of a 10 team district. Nederland should look good against them. The big test will be the scrimmage ya'll have with Dayton. Good Luck

[quote name="SgtRey" post="824811" timestamp="1281616828"]
For WB:

There is not very much of a drop between the first and second team at WB...WB is very deep in all positions right now.  

I believe the first team vs first team should be a good one with Lufkin...maybe 2 scores a piece.

I believe our second team will out score the first team 3 to 1.
[/quote]

I saw a little of one of Lukin's practices when I was on business in Lukin. It was one of the early one's and looked big as always, and fast. I don't know much of what they have coming back, but I do know they have a tradition of good athletes and hard hitting teams. Good Luck

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="824836" timestamp="1281625030"]
C'mon now SgtRey, we talkin' bout practice! I mean, practice!!

You don't make predictions of who wins or even keep score at practice!!! ;D

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!

NOBODY WINS SCRIMMAGES!!!!!!!

Thank you, have a good day. ;D
[/quote]
Your absolutely correct...There isn't a winner or looser in a scrimmage, to go on record....but there are TD's scored and everyone in the stands keeps track......???....I say, if your team accomplishes everything they want to accomplish....then it's a victory....this sport is about being competitive...therefore, even though the UIL will not write it down as a win or loss...the players, staff, and fans do...inside there minds....Players by keeping score, coaches by accomplishments(or lack of), and fans by keeping score....I know it doesn't change the way you look at things, but perhaps it introduces an understanding of how others may view a scrimmage... ;D

No kickoff's for good/bad field positions,no advancing punts,no pooch kicks,onside kicks,So I would not consider any win/loss cause both teams come in w/restrictions on how the game is played in a scrimmage.I like keeping up w/the scores but other than that it's a chance to play your kids against another to see where adjustments need to be made.Besides how can you have a game without a band,cheer,crowd- it's a practice on the road that carries no weight in any standings.This is where you find the hidden diamonds,a player that gets a chance or two to play the best he can to possible earn himself a starting job when there's not alot of pressure or hype from normal gametime situations.

well anyway you look at it , it is a practice but usually you have two portions the controlled part and the game time simulations, yes they do score on each other but we all know it is about bragging rights as to who did what , come  on guys and gals it is all about egos and you know it.  regardless of the outcome it gives the coaches a chance to evaluate whom is gonna be the right fit at the right position. but in two weeks we really get an idea about what is going on. I already got some phone calls about ned whipping up on fort bend, whom i have also found out are pretty much cellar dwellars in their district, so if this is some kind of indication ned is gonna blow up this board whereas it has been pretty quiet from them over the last couple  weeks. i think they will get a true test when they scrimmage dayton, until then we shall have to wait and see. i can see some good discussions coming my way lol  ::) ::) ::)

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="824905" timestamp="1281632839"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=71576.msg824806#msg824806 date=1281616279]
Don't know a thing about Fort Bend...If anyone knows anything let me know.Dogs looking pretty good ...We shall see
[/quote]

I spoke with a friend of mine that son plays for Nederland and asked me about FB Marshall. I think they went like 2-8 last year and are picked to come in 7th out of a 10 team district. Nederland should look good against them. The big test will be the scrimmage ya'll have with Dayton. Good Luck
[/quote]

Marshall roughly has 1400 kids and plays on the 5a level....you think it would be a bit hard to compete with schools that have over 2100 kids to your 1400?

Guest ECBucFan
2100 vs. 1400 is not bad. With 1000 and up, plenty of depth is there for everyone. Of course there is more potential skill available with larger numbers, I understand that. The disparity really comes into play in the lower levels. In a hypothetical 210 vs. 140 match up, depth would likely be a huge issue. It magnifies the smaller you go.     

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder