Stadiums in Texas

I just saw shotwell stadium. I'm in awe. They added seats to it and looks like they're working on the pressbox. They have a massive video scoreboard. I thought ratliff was the Mecca of west Texas, my opinion has changed. I felt like I was on Friday night lights.  :o :D

What's the best stadium you have ever been to in Texas?  Only 3.  ;D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="scooter!" post="822414" timestamp="1280702327"]
I just saw shotwell stadium. I'm in awe. They added seats to it and looks like they're working on the pressbox. They have a massive video scoreboard. I thought ratliff was the Mecca of west Texas, my opinion has changed. I felt like I was on Friday night lights.  :o :D

What's the best stadium you have ever been to in Texas?  Only 3.  ;D
[/quote]

Taking the pro stadiums out of the mix, I have been to Galena Park ISD and Berry Center in Cy-Fair.  Berry Center is the better facility...but the parking there STINKS!!!!

Berry Center is so nice it's almost bankrupted the school district.  Can't wait to see the new Allen stadium. 

Grad you just don't like walking because the Berry center must park 30 thousand.... ;D  Your right though, parking 10 miles away and hills, 2 gulleys, 4 ponds, 400 bushes, 500 crepe myrtles, and 5 foot tall hay stinks!  I bet there was 5 people taking a leak in the bushes due to the distance. 

I am going to add to your gripe about the Berry Center.  When you build a stadium to seat 300 thousand people, don't install 2 snak bars with 6 total employees.  I went after a coke and missed 3 quarters of football.     

Berry Center
HUGGGEEEEE but maybe to big but beautiful stadium
Woodforrest Bank
I like the Athletic locker room/ gym 50 feet from the goal post.. puts a neat look to the stadium
Van Memorial
Very nice 3a Stadium
Tiger Stadium
Seriously! How many H.S. stadiums have you been to that the whole home side was carved into a hill!
New Stadium in Beaumont "insert name"
Seems like it'll be a nice field/stadium when complete

I really hope we do good this year, and Hopfully I get to see the Berry Center..in the Playoffs :)
Also Plano Has A nice stadium. but Yea Like the Person Said The Allens Stadium is gone to be the 11th Wonder of the World..Lol

Just Put it Like these..I was outta State A few Weeks Ago *Virginia* And I over Heard my friends talkng about one of the Oldest and Biggest Highschool football Rivalrys in Virginia. Forgot the Teams but Any way, He was like "Yea Men, It was a full house Last Year. Had to Be At Least 2-300 people at the game." I couldent help but butt in, And Tell him That my local team is getting 10,000 Fans Every Home Game..Lol, It was fun thought busting his bubble..

You wont find HIGHSCHOOL STADIUMS as Big as we make em in Texas, Your seeing most of the best in The Nation rite here../
Everythings bigger in Texas :)

[quote name="ST11" post="823699" timestamp="1281238269"]
Berry Center
HUGGGEEEEE but maybe to big but beautiful stadium
Woodforrest Bank
I like the Athletic locker room/ gym 50 feet from the goal post.. puts a neat look to the stadium
Van Memorial
Very nice 3a Stadium
Tiger Stadium
Seriously! How many H.S. stadiums have you been to that the whole home side was carved into a hill!
New Stadium in Beaumont "insert name"
Seems like it'll be a nice field/stadium when complete
[/quote]

No doubt about Tiger Stadium, I had not seen it completed until Wednesday of this last week, and man that was impressive. I am really looking forward to catching a game there soon.

Little Elm, Aledo, Woodforest The Woodlands, Berry Center

I think the Dallas Metroplex has the nicest stadiums and Allen is going to blow stadiums out of the water and they do have the money.  Also, Leander ISD in the Austin area have nice stadiums.

Beaumont will have the nicest stadium in this area unless you factor in everything, then I don't know who. PNG IMO has the best crowd enviroment, but with a back drop of plants, and lack of parking makes it a little less.

Silsbee, very nice stadium, but small.  Beaumont nice stadium, but the stands may be uneven because of the soil, I-10 traffic all game long, and the stands won't be filled unless PNG, or Nederland play there. Heck I don't know you make the call.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="823767" timestamp="1281285134"]

I think the Dallas Metroplex has the nicest stadiums and Allen is going to blow stadiums out of the water and they do have the money.  Also, Leander ISD in the Austin area have nice stadiums.

Beaumont will have the nicest stadium in this area unless you factor in everything, then I don't know who. PNG IMO has the best crowd enviroment, but with a back drop of plants, and lack of parking makes it a little less.

Silsbee, very nice stadium, but small.  Beaumont nice stadium, but the stands may be uneven because of the soil, I-10 traffic all game long, and the stands won't be filled unless PNG, or Nederland play there. Heck I don't know you make the call.
[/quote]There will be no negatives to factor in at Beaumont ISD Stadium

[/quote]The Beaumont bowl games packs the stadium.  Don't know where you get your information from expecially knowing that you grew up here in Beaumont.  And there will be no uneven stands or what not.  Butch Stadium will be the Jewel of SETX.  I like PN-G's stadium, but parking on the side of the road can be a pain.  Silsbee Stadium is a very good 3a stadium.  

Guest Ititarod
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="823770" timestamp="1281285507"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=71348.msg823767#msg823767 date=1281285134]

[/quote]The Beaumont bowl games packs the stadium.  Don't know where you get your information from expecially knowing that you grew up here in Beaumont.  And there will be no uneven stands or what not.  Butch Stadium will be the Jewel of SETX.  I like PN-G's stadium, but parking on the side of the road can be a pain.  Silsbee Stadium is a very good 3a stadium.  
[/quote]

Will the BISD stadium be ready ?

[quote name="Ititarod" post="823783" timestamp="1281287340"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=71348.msg823770#msg823770 date=1281285507]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=71348.msg823767#msg823767 date=1281285134]

[/quote]The Beaumont bowl games packs the stadium.  Don't know where you get your information from expecially knowing that you grew up here in Beaumont.  And there will be no uneven stands or what not.  Butch Stadium will be the Jewel of SETX.  I like PN-G's stadium, but parking on the side of the road can be a pain.  Silsbee Stadium is a very good 3a stadium. 
[/quote]

Will the BISD stadium be ready ?
[/quote]I've been told that it will be

Silsbee, very nice stadium, [b]but small[/b].  Beaumont nice stadium, but the stands may be uneven because of the soil, I-10 traffic all game long, and the stands won't be filled unless PNG, or Nederland play there. Heck I don't know you make the call.
[/quote]

I don't get where you get that Tiger Stadium is small. Maybe its that we are a 3A team or a small town. As far as setting, Tiger Stadium compares nicely to that one in PNG or that one along I-10.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83