Texas HS Footballs' 4A Pre-Season Rankings

Ya beat me to the draw;Just as I was confirming you had it up.I was surprized no Humble,not even in the region pics.No Central,Yates,and odd not to see a Texas City/La Marque team.We'll see how they switch spots though soon enuff.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="822034" timestamp="1280503162"]
All I'll say is that the three teams that are above us, we've beaten last year.. Are of those wins were blowouts and the other team just lost their blue chipper Mr. Everything QB...  Other than that, my lips are sealed... :-X :-X :-X :-X
[/quote]

Three teams?? Isn't more like 40 teams since Central did not make the rankings at all?

We make the finals last year and return lots and were ranked #4?  That's fine, but when we return just as many people as the team that's ranked #3, and we made it 2 rounds further than they did last year.  They also lost their D1 QB, so they are inexperienced there.  Oh well, it's one spot...  We'll move up soon.  Central does deserve more credit though.  Just have to knock off a couple 5A teams.  That will get you noticed real quick. :o  

I was looking at the regional rankings, AAW...I didn't even bother to waste my time looking at the state rankings.. They never show Central respect either way it goes. Our kids have grown used to having to prove themselves every year...  And every year, this crap happens...

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="822037" timestamp="1280503387"]
We make the finals last year and return lots and were ranked #4?  That's fine, but when we return just as many people as the team that's ranked #3, and we made it 2 rounds further than they did last year.  They also lost their D1 QB, so they are inexperienced there.  Oh well, it's one spot...  We'll move up soon.  Central does deserve more credit though.  Just have to knock off a couple 5A teams.  That will get you noticed real quick. :o  
[/quote]

I agree 100%....Denton Ryan will be very good, but they shouldn't be ranked 3rd.  Here's my top 5

1.  Lake Travis
2.  Aledo
3.  Brenham
4.  Stephenville
5.  Tivy

Im laughing pretty hard right now.

Humble has one 3-7 season, and aren't ranked in any published regional ranking...That is the first time in about 15 years that Humble hasn't appeared in ANY regional rankings.

I love this.  I usually gage how well Humble will do with how much hype surrounds them, and with absoutley none...We can go into games against Willis and Huntsville as underdogs...Sweet.

Predicting it now, Humble goes 10-0...and beats the living crap out of everyone in the regular season.

[quote name="HUM398" post="822064" timestamp="1280507568"]

Humble has one 3-7 season, and aren't ranked in any published regional ranking...That is the first time in about 15 years that Humble hasn't appeared in ANY regional rankings.

I love this.  I usually gage how well Humble will do with how much hype surrounds them, and with absoutley none...We can go into games against Willis and Huntsville as underdogs...Sweet.

Predicting it now, Humble goes 10-0...and beats the living crap out of everyone in the regular season.
[/quote]

Willis has no defense, but one of the best passing offenses in the area and Huntsville has a solid defense and a good ground game.  I have 18-4A like this at the end of the year...
1. Humble
2. Huntsville
3. Willis
4. Kingwood Park

JMO

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="822069" timestamp="1280508143"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=71309.msg822064#msg822064 date=1280507568]

[/quote]

Willis has no defense, but one of the best passing offenses in the area and Huntsville has a solid defense and a good ground game.  I have 18-4A like this at the end of the year...
1. Humble
2. Huntsville
3. Willis
4. Kingwood Park

JMO

[/quote]

I doesn't even really matter.  I know that our boys are going to be ready to go, and we will have had plenty of games before either Huntsville or Willis.  We have 3 scrimmages, which only works in our favor....I am really looking forward to see how this Humble team comes together. 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="822081" timestamp="1280509185"]
HUM398, you plan on going to watch the Brenham vs Huntsville game on the 27th since y'all arnt playing anybody in week 0?
[/quote]

i will not be attending that game...i am going to the North Shore-Katy Game that night.  It's closer, and i am rooting for the former Wildcat D. Young. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124