21-3A 2010-2011 season

You just said it Cleveland is basically the same team. I will never count out my Tigers or even the Hawks but neither of us are returning the same team like they are. I think they may lose one starter that was a movein last year. The Tigers and Hawks both lost some key players we will have to replace.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the great thing about high school sports, the players change but the established programs always retool.This year will be no different.Silsbee,HJ and Cleveland will be 3 of the top teams in the region but by seasons end the Tigers and Hawks will have some players filling the shoes of those who left.

I have to agree with AAW...I'm still a big fan of my Tigers and will support then thoroughly. But I just do not see them really being able to handle Clevelands this year. They have a great player in Stallworth and Lane but the rest of the team is fairly young in experience (even though they bring 10 players back from previous playoff team). I will say they have the twins who will put up some shot beyond the arcs and the point guard that was a freshman last year. They also have Harris but the rest of the players are still young including the point guard. This year will be one those years where we don't se as many talents asthe past had. But Silsbee are standing strong with balancing the talents they has for the past few seasons. Cleveland is not going to allow the same thing to happen to the three years in a row. This will be they breaking point.

[quote name="stevenash" post="816088" timestamp="1278263514"]
[quote author=mfd814 link=topic=70622.msg815933#msg815933 date=1278147831]
I've watched Cleveland play in summer league. Very talented group across the board.  Not alot of defense, but could be its just summer league.  They have size, are quick, great outside shooting. 
[/quote]    Yes, basically the same team that HJ had NO CHANCE against in last years playoffs.
[/quote]
And the year before as well!!! 

[b] Cleveland is not going to allow the same thing to happen to the three years in a row. [/b]

Navasota was probably thinking the same thing.  Cleveland should have beaten HJ last year, but lack of discipline (IMO) did them end.  Unless they can play under control, they will likely meet the same fate.

[quote name="86hawk" post="816564" timestamp="1278516354"]
[b] Cleveland is not going to allow the same thing to happen to the three years in a row. [/b]

Navasota was probably thinking the same thing.  Cleveland should have beaten HJ last year, but lack of discipline (IMO) did them end.  Unless they can play under control, they will likely meet the same fate.
[/quote]

They got in a little bit of a hole(Sutherland was hitting 3s from everywhere) and then started playing dirty to catch up and the refs called em on it.  In my opinion, that is a coaching issue.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="818481" timestamp="1279255632"]
You will begin to see a slight downward spiral for the HJ Hawkettes. Time For Change!
[/quote]
Sorry Dove, not this year.  It's gonna be HJ & Silsbee again battling for district honors.  Just cross your fingers that one of them(HJ) wins the region and goes to Austin!!! 

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="818686" timestamp="1279366249"]
I think HJ will be in the hunt againt this upcoming season. But the gap is closing in on HJ. By 2011-2012 season, the district will see some new changes. Enjoy your last season for awhile.
[/quote]
Fortunately, for HJ, all of the above will be decided on the playing floor by the players as opposed to someone hoping he can create a self fulfilling prophecy.  Early in the NBA playoffs, Charles Barclay said Cleveland would beat Boston in 5 and that Orlando was the best team in the East.  The results suggest otherwise.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="818734" timestamp="1279388805"]
The difference is: Barkley likes run off @ the mouth and I know basketball and predict the variables involved :P
[/quote]

Excuse  me.  My apologies.  I was ignorant enought to assume that Barkley was the one with the  depth of basketball knowledge.  Since you are on a "predictive roll"  right now, could you tell me who will be the NCAA Champion next year as well as the NBA?  I also am a Lamar Basetkball fan and cannot decided on whether or not to renew my season tickets.  You can solve that dilemma by telling me what there record will be.

[quote name="stevenash" post="818749" timestamp="1279396104"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=70622.msg818734#msg818734 date=1279388805]
The difference is: Barkley likes run off @ the mouth and I know basketball and predict the variables involved :P
[/quote]

Excuse  me.  My apologies.  I was ignorant enought to assume that Barkley was the one with the  depth of basketball knowledge.  Since you are on a "predictive roll"  right now, could you tell me who will be the NCAA Champion next year as well as the NBA?  I also am a Lamar Basetkball fan and cannot decided on whether or not to renew my season tickets.  You can solve that dilemma by telling me what there record will be.
[/quote] I don't keep up with NCAA nor NBA (boring) anymore. I only make my predictions on the talent I see and the system. I didn't attend one game @ LU this year. Why? I saw their talent pool. Season tickets? Hmmm? Personally, I'd prefer game by game tickets.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="818768" timestamp="1279403859"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=70622.msg818749#msg818749 date=1279396104]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=70622.msg818734#msg818734 date=1279388805]
[/quote]

[/quote] I don't keep up with NCAA nor NBA (boring) anymore. I only make my predictions on the talent I see and the system. I didn't attend one game @ LU this year. Why? I saw their talent pool. Season tickets? Hmmm? Personally, I'd prefer game by game tickets.
[/quote]

Ok then, just tell me who will win the District this year and how close to the bottom HJ will be

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="818819" timestamp="1279427841"]
Okay, you must really think I was born tomorrow  :D It will be out of HJ and Silsbee. And I've never seen any of thse teams play. Oopps! I did see Silsbee once this year.
[/quote]

That is sort of confusing.  First you tell me that you "know basketball and the variables involved" and how observant you are of talent.  Then you make your prediction without having ever seen the teams/players play.  At first you are the Master Quantifier and then, suddenly, you become [img]http://www.liketelevision.com/liketelevision/images/lowrez/jckarnak211.jpg[/img]

[quote name="stevenash" post="818832" timestamp="1279452895"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=70622.msg818819#msg818819 date=1279427841]
Okay, you must really think I was born tomorrow  :D It will be out of HJ and Silsbee. And I've never seen any of thse teams play. Oopps! I did see Silsbee once this year.
[/quote]

That is sort of confusing.  First you tell me that you "know basketball and the variables involved" and how observant you are of talent.  Then you make your prediction without having ever seen the teams/players play.  At first you are the Master Quantifier and then, suddenly, you become [img]http://www.liketelevision.com/liketelevision/images/lowrez/jckarnak211.jpg[/img]
[/quote]Easy prediction Stevie.Weak and predictable district ::)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="818686" timestamp="1279366249"]
I think HJ will be in the hunt againt this upcoming season. But the gap is closing in on HJ. By 2011-2012 season, the district will see some new changes. Enjoy your last season for awhile.
[/quote]
Dove, at least for the next two seasons I don't see HF moving into HJ's territory.  As long as we keep our core group in tact, we should be able to battle for district championships with Silsbee with HF on the outside looking in.

[quote name="bmrm" post="818958" timestamp="1279508748"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=70622.msg818686#msg818686 date=1279366249]
[/quote]
Dove, at least for the next two seasons I don't see HF moving into HJ's territory.  As long as we keep our core group in tact, we should be able to battle for district championships with Silsbee with HF on the outside looking in.
[/quote]HF and WOS will be opening up the door ;) Time marches fast in sports.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder