Evadale vs. Cayuga Regional Finals/ Predictions

Well here it is. Congratulations Evadale on 2 very well played games. The pitcher threw both games for them before being takin out in the 6th i believe. On the other hand, yall better get ready cause yuga aint no joke. Evadale your gonna see 2 better pitchers than overton has on their whole team. and their 3 and 4 stay in th high 70's, and can hit in the 80's. I dont think Evadale can hit Thompson or Johnson as they hit the Overton Pitchers. Yuga's gonna hit the ball and make the plays. I say Yuga in two.
                                 Cayuga 8 Evadale 2
                                 Cayuga 13 Evadale 3

[quote name="Baseballfan65" post="807480" timestamp="1275184451"]
Well here it is. Congratulations Evadale on 2 very well played games. The pitcher threw both games for them before being takin out in the 6th i believe. On the other hand, yall better get ready cause yuga aint no joke. Evadale your gonna see 2 better pitchers than overton has on their whole team. and their 3 and 4 stay in th high 70's, and can hit in the 80's. I dont think Evadale can hit Thompson or Johnson as they hit the Overton Pitchers. Yuga's gonna hit the ball and make the plays. I say Yuga in two.
                                  Cayuga 8 Evadale 2
                                  Cayuga 13 Evadale 3
[/quote]
yeah i thimk thats the same thing they said bout the kid from overton, when they said he threw 85, and he didnt even throw 75 so will just have 2 see bout that , and they have seen all the way around 90's and they hit that just fine so will just have 2 wait and see

[quote name="True Blue" post="807493" timestamp="1275185526"]
[quote author=Baseballfan65 link=topic=70137.msg807480#msg807480 date=1275184451]
                                  Cayuga 8 Evadale 2
                                  Cayuga 13 Evadale 3
[/quote]
yeah i thimk thats the same thing they said bout the kid from overton, when they said he threw 85, and he didnt even throw 75 so will just have 2 see bout that , and they have seen all the way around 90's and they hit that just fine so will just have 2 wait and see
[/quote]

yep i even said he didnt throw no 85, he threw about 75-78 and it still looks like he shut yall down. Yugas two are legit, i mean stats speak for themselves, even though they dont mean anything. Thompson has 160 k's .67 ERA, and Johnson 92 k's with a 1.77 ERA. But since yall hit 90 just fine, explain to me why Darden was so hard to hit

To the ones who have doubted the Rebs throughout the playoffs...why?  ???

The Rebs will be ready to play as Im sure Cayuga will.  Theres no junk this late in the year.  I really hope Yuga looks past Evadale...that'd really be sweet!!

Rebs in three.

You have to hand it to his Rebel team. They have dropped the first game in two series and have come back to win both games of the Saturday double header to advance. There are times when things just line up and this very well could be the year of the Rebels. I will take nothing away from Cayuga, but I did not take any thing away from Overton either and it is the Rebels advancing not the Mustangs.

Mo said there is no junk left as there are only 8 teams left and from the Rebels the course is clear and it goes through Cayuga. People have been down on the Rebels all season (what am I saying...ALL YEAR!) for playing in a weak district. Well the champions on that weak district are one series away from state. This group of guys just plays the team that shows up in the other dugout. So far it has worked out well and they are one of three SETX teams that have a shot to advance to the big show!

Keep it rolling Rebels you make us proud!

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="807598" timestamp="1275191117"]
You have to hand it to his Rebel team. They have dropped the first game in two series and have come back to win both games of the Saturday double header to advance. There are times when things just line up and this very well could be the year of the Rebels. I will take nothing away from Cayuga, but I did not take any thing away from Overton either and it is the Rebels advancing not the Mustangs.

Mo said there is no junk left as there are only 8 teams left and from the Rebels the course is clear and it goes through Cayuga. People have been down on the Rebels all season (what am I saying...ALL YEAR!) for playing in a weak district. Well the champions on that weak district are one series away from state. This group of guys just plays the team that shows up in the other dugout. So far it has worked out well and they are one of three SETX teams that have a shot to advance to the big show!

[/quote]

Good post Rebel Yeller.

Now, let's get some sponsors and get those Rebel games broadcast here on SETXsports!!!

Congrats Rebels.  

No matter what happens in this series of play we are proud of you and this team.    This is a true bunch of warhorses!  We may not have the best dominant pitcher or best leadoff or what have you but this team has moxie and grit and a whole lot of it!  We'll take that anytime!  

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="807601" timestamp="1275191280"]
[quote author=Rebel Yeller link=topic=70137.msg807598#msg807598 date=1275191117]

[/quote]

Good post Rebel Yeller.

Now, let's get some sponsors and get those Rebel games broadcast here on SETXsports!!!
[/quote]Come on Aggie!!!  If we cant get in the press box we can set-up under my 12X12 aTm shade!!!  ;D ;D ;D

they hit the kid from overton just fine, they beat there self the first game with stupid errors.... and if i am right i do think overton was #! in state and they got beat 14 to 1 and than 8 to 6 ;D ;D ;D so all i got 2 say is dont sleep on them rebel boys bc they good and i think they have earn some respeect  ;) ;)

Comming from a guy that has faced all 3 Cayuga pitchers this season I can tell you that they can be hit, but they are extremely great pitchers. But there starting pitcher Thompson is having back problems right now and is supposedly not bringing it 100 %. But even if he is at like 80% that boy can still bring it. Thompson is only a junior and he brings it about 81-84, Johnson the Sophmore brings it about 76-78, and Holland the Freshman brings it in the low 70's but he has a nasty off spead pitch. I think Cayuga has the pitching staff and bats to make it to State.

Evadale has proved everybody wrong all season. everybody said they wouldnt make it past the 2nd round. they are sittin 1 series away from state. hate to break it to yall but rankins dont mean a thing its a guys opinion. on any givin pitch a game could totally change. Evadale has played good solid baseball. but they are gonna have to play spotless baseball and wit a little bit of luck to top this team. but no doubt evadale will go out swingin.

[quote name="ballsdeep" post="808265" timestamp="1275432367"]
just what i heard had a friend at the lovelady cayuga game and head thompson was throwing 87.  like i said just what i head.  i also heard he had a real good curve ball that will throw batters way off.
[/quote]

Ok, Honestly he was not throwing 87. I promise you that. He stayed 80-84, PROBABLY. The truth is hes been bothered by back spasms lately. I watched him pitch the second game against Cross Roads, and he threw 85-88, but as of late, hes stayed between 80-84. The Johnson kid stays between 80-84 also. Holland stays between 72-75 with a nasty hook.

Garret, Im callin BS. All three of those pitchers havent pitched in the same game all year long. Or all three havent faced the same team all year long, so your lying there. And I just stated the speed of all three pitchers, and ive clocked all three to. So therefore theres no way youve faced all three pitchers.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin