Evadale vs. Cayuga Regional Finals/ Predictions

Congrats to Evadale on their road to state .I have only been to their playoff games but from what I have seen they are a sound team .I am concerned with their depth in players .Since attending their games I have yet to see a sub enter a game.Now I have seen runners enter for the catcher or pitcher and even for a player being ejected from the game .But no one has been subbed in just to be subbed in to fill a postion .Is it because the coach lacks confidence in his bench or is he saving the best for the last? Whatever the case I think I counted 6 or 7 players who have yet to see the feild since I have been attending their games.I wonder if they even feel like they are  part of the team. From personal experince a victory dose not feel the same if you don't actually get to play the game . But these are just one mans thoughts . GOOD LUCK REBELS on the road ahead may you go all the way and everybody get a chance to play .

[quote name="Hero" post="808318" timestamp="1275446520"]
Congrats to Evadale on their road to state .I have only been to their playoff games but from what I have seen they are a sound team .I am concerned with their depth in players .Since attending their games I have yet to see a sub enter a game.Now I have seen runners enter for the catcher or pitcher and even for a player being ejected from the game .But no one has been subbed in just to be subbed in to fill a postion .Is it because the coach lacks confidence in his bench or is he saving the best for the last? Whatever the case I think I counted 6 or 7 players who have yet to see the feild since I have been attending their games.I wonder if they even feel like they are  part of the team. From personal experince a victory dose not feel the same if you don't actually get to play the game . But these are just one mans thoughts . GOOD LUCK REBELS on the road ahead may you go all the way and everybody get a chance to play .
[/quote]What the heck??!!  ???
Are you seriuos?  In the playoffs, you dance with one that brought you!!!  No second chances here.  If you're up 10 on somebody, you fog it to em and end it in five innings.  You loose here, you go home.  If you're down 10, you keep playing (the starters) and hope for that big inning.  This aint upwards.

If Williams plays everyone and losses, uh, he'd have some serious questions to answer.
These are just this mans thoughts.

[quote name="Hero" post="808318" timestamp="1275446520"]
[/quote]

Usually, the clearing of the bench for substitution is limited to sports where there is a clock that is winding down and the coach knows (or at least believes) that we really can't lose if he removes his starters.  So that is why you don't see mass substitutions even during a blow out.

Also, remember that the substitution rules for baseball are a lot more restrictive.  With the exception of the courtesy runner rule and other limited exceptions, once someone is taken out of a baseball game, they can't re-enter, which is unlike football and basketball where players can enter and leave the game freely.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="808525" timestamp="1275522332"]
[quote author=Hero link=topic=70137.msg808318#msg808318 date=1275446520]
[/quote]

Usually, the clearing of the bench for substitution is limited to sports where there is a clock that is winding down and the coach knows (or at least believes) that we really can't lose if he removes his starters.  So that is why you don't see mass substitutions even during a blow out.

Also, remember that the substitution rules for baseball are a lot more restrictive.  With the exception of the courtesy runner rule and other limited exceptions, once someone is taken out of a baseball game, they can't re-enter, which is unlike football and basketball where players can enter and leave the game freely.
[/quote]Well put WOSGrad

[quote name="slo8140" post="808565" timestamp="1275529024"]
Good point, but in high school a starter can be substituted for once during a game and reenter as long as it is in the same spot in the batting order. If he is removed again, he is done that for that game.
[/quote]

Well, the substitution rule is even more restrictive than I remember!  I recalled that a starter could leave the game and re-enter once, but I didn't remember them having to go back into the same spot in the order.

[quote name="BIGMO44" post="808596" timestamp="1275534172"]
Grad, you were more politically correct and certainly spot on. 
[/quote]

Me? Politically correct?  Maybe here, but overall that is probably the minority opinion! LOL!

You gonna hit me with the texts tomorrow night?

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="808602" timestamp="1275535563"]
[quote author=BIGMO44 link=topic=70137.msg808596#msg808596 date=1275534172]
Grad, you were more politically correct and certainly spot on. 
[/quote]

Me? Politically correct?  Maybe here, but overall that is probably the minority opinion! LOL!

You gonna hit me with the texts tomorrow night?
[/quote]You wont believe this, I've got to be on stage for the 8th graduation tonight.  Still trying to get out of it but it doesnt look good.  Rebel Yeller could probably update you if you want.  I'll check back before i give out any info....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder