Forney to A&M?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dionte" post="807639" timestamp="1275197429"]
For one u must doint understand I'm not going up there untill june 6 so I know whatsoing on right now I'm not going to argue with you nobodies lol wowww man I'm glad god made haters why ya can't just chill and if I sign there are not nobody will not know cause I don't wanna hear all this negativety all next school year so well ima stop messaging ya cause I know what's going on and its always gunna be something cause if I sign ya gunna say this and if do good ya gunna say he got lucky!
[/quote]

I hope you do drop in during the season, Dionte.  I know some coaches don't like their players getting on here, but I think it is good to have a player's perspective.

As to the questions, he says he is being offered, others say he is not.  The question probably wont be clearly answered until early February, so let's not step on toes here.

• 2 weeks later...
1st: Forney showed some moments (MOMENTS) of good QB play. He has tremendous potential and some raw talent. I think he may have even thrown for 1000 yards during his starts last season.

Now that I've established some POSITIVE points, I'm going to analyze his play/ability/work ethic.

Here are some stats: quality collegiate/NFL caliber offensive lineman typically clock in at 5.0 seconds in the 40, while interior DT's clock in at 4.9. Forney says he ran a 4.85, that's not fast. FYI Dionte, don't try to prove you're fast (or not slow) by stating an average 40 time to prove people wrong.

I think that his post was the longest run-on sentence I've ever read lol!

[quote name="dionte" post="807643" timestamp="1275197840"]
And thanks for the guys who are supporting me I appreciate it I'm just ready for football season to start are ya ready have ya seen nederland new wr chris cunningham
[/quote]

Chris is a great WR , Im excited about the talent we have this year.

I am a huge A&M fan and I personally think Dionte would be a great addition to the Aggies. All he needs to do is work on his speed. He already has the build for TE, but if he ever wants to man the offense at QB he will need to be faster, much faster.

Dionte... if that is truly you who made that post... please try and brush up on your grammar, punctuation and spelling before you go off to college because I don't care how big, strong or fast you are... if you can't pass you won't play.  Character is also a big thing they look at and all of this trash talking is not very becoming to a young man with aspirations of playing college sports.  Be humble in your talents and successes and thank those around you and ABOVE you who have helped you to get to where you are now and who want to see you get to where you want to be.  Good luck to you in whatever you do.

One thing that irks me a bit is the constant references to Dionte's grammar and spelling.  On this message board, I do not know of one person that has followed every rule of grammar and spelled every word in their posts.  I certainly know that I have not.  So why in 3 consecutive texts (2 of which I have edited) do we feel the need to point out this kid's grammatical errors?

Please do not try to call upon the grammar and spelling police too often....many of you will be embarrassed if that happens!

I understand that on the spelling and grammar, but c'mon, really? Going to any major university that upholds academic integrity, you better be sharp and you might as well practice it in all arenas right now.
People understand a misspell from time to time, but that was pretty, uh, well, bad.

My props to Bulldog Dad were on the class statement. If this guy is going to play in college, he will have to get used to more scrutiny nad be able to handle it. Running his mouth will not help him at all in this area.   

[quote name="Jbdfan" post="811147" timestamp="1276182279"]
I understand that on the spelling and grammar, but c'mon, really? Going to any major university that upholds academic integrity, you better be sharp and you might as well practice it in all arenas right now.
People understand a misspell from time to time, but that was pretty, uh, well, bad.

My props to Bulldog Dad were on the class statement. If this guy is going to play in college, he will have to get used to more scrutiny nad be able to handle it. Running his mouth will not help him at all in this area.     

[/quote]
The point being...if your an adult, you don't need to be exchanging words with a high school young man...be the bigger man.. ;)

[quote name="GCMPats" post="811545" timestamp="1276269985"]
Well he started it! :)
[/quote]

mmm, that is actually not the case.  He didn't start the thread and only weighed in after several folks said that the rumors of Texas A&M offering him a scholarship weren't true.  Now, I admit that some of the posts came from guys that I know and respect, but in reality the only two entities that really know the truth of the rumors are Dionte and Texas A&M.  The rest of us will just have to wait for either official word to come out of College Station (right after they figure out what conference they will be in) or early February when Signing Day comes.

It is just that ragging on a kid's writing, when I see far worse every day, just bristled me a bit.  Yes, if he does attend a major university he will have to write his papers with far better care than he used in his post.  However, this is a message board and I am sure that all of us are a little more fast and loose with punctuation and grammar here than we are in our communications at school or at work.

That makes no difference whether he will go to A&M or not. Dionte will play where ever Coach Neumann feels that he helps the team the most, If he is playing TE he can also play defense and that might be the best situation for the good of the team, but he is a very good QB also and if he is the QB he will do very well. I think it is more about how well Tyler runs the offense and moves the ball that will determine where Dionte plays because they need him(Dionte) on both sides of the ball. I think how well Nederland does this year will depend alot on how well these two young men play this year, good luck to Tyler and Dionte this season and I hope they are able to stay healthy.

I just want to know where all this criticism was last year when he was saving the bull puppies season? All you heard out the Nederland fans was whimpering, but once this kid started winning games all the barking started.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey  Diaonte i got a chance to talk to you at the allstar game a few weeks ago during the halftime show. My daughter was the little chearleader that was down there when youll were doing the dr pepper thing. I have to say that i was impressed with your size cant understand why you wanted to lose weight though, they will put it on you in the next level. I am glad to hear that you are looking towards A&M but be forwarned they did my boy Dustin Long wrong when he went there, so be careful on what is promised to you. You need to do what is best for you and if qb is what you wanna do then by god go out there and let the ball fly, from what little i got to see,  you throw the deep ball well and you are why the dogs made the playoffs in my opinion. Dont really like Nederland but im glad you came on here and spoke up for  your self. Good luck and we are looking forward to giving yall a loss over there across the tracks. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa