*PN-G Vs. Friendswood Series/Friendswood wins series, advance

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="silly365" post="806058" timestamp="1274930209"]
yes thanks for the updates!! sounds to me sweet pitched his behind off again but E=4 was the downfall -as well as sweet has pitched all year its just hard for me to believe that he hasnt signed yet !!
[/quote]  The error on Denzlenger was a throwing error after an "outstanding" stop of a
ball ripped up the middle.. Great play just rushed the throw a bit

Great game tonite. Well played game, great sportsmanship in the stands and on the field. Much more enjoyable atmosphere than some of our other series this year and last year. Looking forward to another good game Friday. Also the tone on this board about this series vs the FW vs Nederland series much nicer and what sports is all about. Friendly debate and support for your team. See ya Friday PNG.

Guest gladiator2
PNG played a sloppy game defensively and were very undisciplined at the plate. The 2nd pitcher for FW was just blowing 85-86 mph fastball's by our guy's. I thought he was throwing harder than that but the gun's don't lie. Too many pop flies and strikeout's! To play as bad as we did and still have a chance to win it late should make our guy's feel real confident if they show up and play their game. I look for us to play 2 real good games and advance to next round. Good luck guy's!

[quote name="injun" post="806084" timestamp="1274935745"]
[quote author=silly365 link=topic=70049.msg806058#msg806058 date=1274930209]
yes thanks for the updates!! sounds to me sweet pitched his behind off again but E=4 was the downfall -as well as sweet has pitched all year its just hard for me to believe that he hasnt signed yet !!
[/quote]  The error on Denzlenger was a throwing error after an "outstanding" stop of a
ball ripped up the middle.. Great play just rushed the throw a bit
[/quote]

Those are the worst.  You make a great play on a ball that would otherwise be a hit, then the throw gets away from you.  All anyone remembers - and all the people on the message board ever see - is the "E."  The great range and glove work are lost.  In the end it's just an E. 

I'm sorry for Denzlenger.  It seems pretty harsh to say he was the downfall.  Looked like "0-fer" was the downfall to me.  All the Ks and all the flys.  Those long flys sound great coming off the bat and look pretty in the air, but they can knock a good team right out of the playoffs.  Ask Nederland about that.

amen to that nederland lost in the same fashion so let that be a lesson and basehits are more important than the homeruns anyday.disapline at the plate always helps also. didnt mean to demean denzlinger by nomeans just stated the E was a big factor in the outcome as it is in most games going in extra innings  and it was a shame due to the effort of sweet he pitched another fine game .goodluck to the indians!!

[quote name="games24x7" post="806258" timestamp="1274978617"]
PNG played a sloppy game defensively and were very undisciplined at the plate. The 2nd pitcher for FW was just blowing 85-86 mph fastball's by our guy's. I thought he was throwing harder than that but the gun's don't lie. Too many pop flies and strikeout's! To play as bad as we did and still have a chance to win it late should make our guy's feel real confident if they show up and play their game. I look for us to play 2 real good games and advance to next round. Good luck guy's!
[/quote]

What was Sweet throwing?

Guest JoesBros
7:10 AirTime click the link to listen

http://www.setxsports.com/index/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115:vidor-lcm-audio-broadcast-640&catid=73:games

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="ECBucFan" post="806979" timestamp="1275091053"]
Is the game on? Thunder & lightning here in Winnie...  :-\
[/quote]

Any idea?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder