7 on 7

This stuff is getting out of hand.  Too many coaches are coaching during games.  The UIL either needs to say we are not going to have rules for the summer ( 7 on 7, summer basketball, etc.) or say the coaches can go ahead and coach year round.  I have always been a fan of the kids simply competing and that makes them better - no matter in what sport, but since we have gone to this quasi "state champion" in 7 on 7 it has gone to far in terms of the coaches getting involved.  It is hard for any coach to sit there and say nothing, I will be the first to admit it, but when coaches are on the sidelines during these tournamnets and holding the cards and discussing the routes with the QB and receivers it is absurd.  I for one am ready for the UIL to say enough is enough.

One more thing - what exactly do you get out of the guy sitting back there pat, pat, pat on the ball and waiting 4 seconds to throw - when is the last time someone had 4 full seconds to throw in a real game anyway - NO 7 on 7 is not a real game.  Just one mans opinion.  Have a great summer.

4 seconds is a good time frame...anything less and it would be hard to simulate deep routes etc...A kid usually does have right at 4 seconds on a 7 step drop. 
As for the coaches coaching I agree its an issue but how would you suggest the UIL deal with it?? They dont have the manpower to really regulate it. I guess they are going to rely on whistle blowers?

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="playdefense" post="805277" timestamp="1274749983"]
This stuff is getting out of hand.  Too many coaches are coaching during games.  The UIL either needs to say we are not going to have rules for the summer ( 7 on 7, summer basketball, etc.) or say the coaches can go ahead and coach year round.  I have always been a fan of the kids simply competing and that makes them better - no matter in what sport, but since we have gone to this quasi "state champion" in 7 on 7 it has gone to far in terms of the coaches getting involved.  It is hard for any coach to sit there and say nothing, I will be the first to admit it, but when coaches are on the sidelines during these tournamnets and holding the cards and discussing the routes with the QB and receivers it is absurd.  I for one am ready for the UIL to say enough is enough.

One more thing - what exactly do you get out of the guy sitting back there pat, pat, pat on the ball and waiting 4 seconds to throw - when is the last time someone had 4 full seconds to throw in a real game anyway - NO 7 on 7 is not a real game.  Just one mans opinion.  Have a great summer.

[/quote]

WELL SAID!  ;D 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder