*Jasper vs. Hudson Playoff Series Updates...JASPER ADVANCES!!!!!!*

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just rolled in from the Jasper vs Hudson game; all I can say it was wild and wooly.

Early on, Sowell walked 5 and hit two but Hudson seemed to not be strong enough to capitalize on all the folks that were on base during these first 3 innings.

Likewise, Hudson committed 3 errors at third, plus two others and seemed to not be able to handle the ball in a number of situations.  Thus 5-0 early for Jasper, basically made on errors by Hudson's infield. The Jasper catcher(Ty Parker), did have a good hit to left field.

Burleson came in for Jasper and immediately Hudson started hitting the ball and had several scores.

Jasper then started to hit the Hudson pitcher; as he appeared to really tire.  It was 7-2 when I left but with so many-- hit batters, walks, errors-- it was hard to access the strength of Jasper relative to other teams left in the playoff brackets.

Jasper is good enough to pull it out on a bad night. They normally have strikeouts and put outs, not walks and hit batters.

They do not need to continue to do that. The teams are going to get better and they need to play clean, good baseball. When they do, they can beat anyone, I think. 

The last three games the dogs have played a little sloppy, I agree. But I can't complain because a playoff win, is a playoff win. That said, I have no doubt that the dogs can clean it up and be the great team that they are capable of. The top of the lineup is stacked, the pitching is pretty deep, and the fielding is pretty good as well. Jasper will close this out tomorrow night, and move on to the next round. Go dogs!

Not sure you can get too much info about Jasper if you just watched them the past 3 games?  Last nights game for instance, Sowell is "out of control", strikes out 7 in 2 1/3 innings and gets pulled (think that's right?).  What you may have seen was:  #1)Jasper has some depth #2) Coach Mixon taking advantage of Hudson giving him an early 5 run lead and letting the bats take care of business.  With that said,  Jasper will need to play better.....  Look forward to seeing who comes out of Region 3.

I certainly think Jasper is a strong foe.  To have a great Pitcher like Sowell have a somewhat bad night and his team play solid ball behind him, certainly is to be admired.  Winning at this level requires winning in non-traditional ways in many cases.  Good Coaching can find a way to win.  Heart has a lot to do with playoff winning.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder