THSBCA All-Star Game 6-19-10 Invitees

• 4 weeks later...
If Ty Parker was NOT an invite, High School coaches may need to look into this with some persistent motivation to get him on board.
This kid represents our area as solid and sound as any player does in SE-Tx.
His numbers show he has been the most consistent catcher in this region and not to downsize any other catcher, but his leadership has been the key to a State Ranked team all season.
Their pitching is solid this season because Jasper has a warrior behind the plate blocking balls giving their arms confidence and shutting down oppnents run game forcing opponents to go base to base baseball allowing pitchers the freedom to give up a hit or a walk and still get out of innings with no damage.
I would hope Im not personally jumping the gun here and hope this young man HAS made the All-Star game in 2010.

Chris Fackler

[quote name="GTBBaseball" post="807748" timestamp="1275247577"]
If Ty Parker was NOT an invite, High School coaches may need to look into this with some persistent motivation to get him on board.
His numbers show he has been the most consistent catcher in this region and not to downsize any other catcher, but his leadership has been the key to a State Ranked team all season.
Their pitching is solid this season because Jasper has a warrior behind the plate blocking balls giving their arms confidence and shutting down oppnents run game forcing opponents to go base to base baseball allowing pitchers the freedom to give up a hit or a walk and still get out of innings with no damage.
I would hope Im not personally jumping the gun here and hope this young man HAS made the All-Star game in 2010.
I could not agree with you more!  We have known Ty from 12 year old Gladiators and Indians and this kid is the complete package!  He is a wall behind the plate and always seems to get on base.  If he was not chosen, then there is something seriously wrong with the system! 

Chris Fackler
[/quote]

[quote name="jdawg03" post="808023" timestamp="1275365540"]
Ty Parker did not make the all star game, nor did anyone from Jasper....what a joke
[/quote]

Perhaps Mixon didn't pay his dues this year?

Parker certainly deserved consideration, as did Alvis.  Sowell and Ernest weren't far behind those 2.

Coaches have to turn a player in including his High School stats for his career. Then a selection committee reviews the stats and pick the allstar teams. Not saying that his coach did or did not do this but that is how it works. Some of the stats turn in are quite high. Good players in weak districts sometimes have higher numbers than a great player in a tuff district. Not exactly fair, but.

[quote name="9Doggies" post="808067" timestamp="1275403959"]
Coaches have to turn a player in including his High School stats for his career. Then a selection committee reviews the stats and pick the allstar teams. Not saying that his coach did or did not do this but that is how it works. Some of the stats turn in are quite high. Good players in weak districts sometimes have higher numbers than a great player in a tuff district. Not exactly fair, but.
[/quote]

I'm sure Coach Mixon did his part. Just don't understand how a team ranked in the top 5 most all year (if not higher) in their poll, and who has now made it to the final eight, has not one representative.

I would look for him to make all state. From my experience which was many years ago, there are so many good players across the state that its hard to have them all on one team. Dont forget you are talking about one team and that covers the entire south part of the state. In my day you made either or for the most part.

[quote name="GTBBaseball" post="807748" timestamp="1275247577"]

Chris Fackler
[/quote]
Its sad that some deserving kids have to be left out! Ty has been GREAT at Jasper throughout his career! Dont hang your head Ty, you have plenty more baseball ahead in your career! Good luck this week!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder