• Hardin Jefferson
    • Orangefield
    • Silsbee
    • West Orange-Stark

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silsbee lost the most of any team this year, I don't see them making the playoffs.  WOS has one of the best players in the district coming back, HF is so streaky who knows what they'll do.  HJ lost the MVP, but returns everyone, OF only lost one player and also return everyone.

Guest bleed orange
Orangefield need to get in the gym and shoot the ball also work on freethrows. If their shooting comes around they will be hard to beat in 21 3A.

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="795595" timestamp="1272464053"]
Silsbee lost the most of any team this year, [b]I don't see them making the playoffs. [/b]  WOS has one of the best players in the district coming back, HF is so streaky who knows what they'll do.  HJ lost the MVP, but returns everyone, OF only lost one player and also return everyone.
[/quote]

You didn't see them making it this year either. ;)

Silsbee has two first team all-district players, a second team and an honorable mention player returning.

Looking at everyone who is back and all other things considered, ..........same song, second verse..............HJ and Orangefield will battle it out for the district championship again (probably splitting home and home).....3rd is probably a toss up.  I will go with HF because of those returning but after the job the Silsbee coach did this year with what he had returning, I have to put the Tigers in the mix.

• 4 months later...
Thanks for bumping this one Bobcat05.  The Volleyball Board (and season) has been less than interesting for the last couple of months.  HF will be adjusting to Coach Collazo after the old coach left late (very late) in the summer.  The one thing I can say for sure is that it will be good to see the girls running up and down the court once again.  :)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="796081" timestamp="1272600975"]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=69162.msg795595#msg795595 date=1272464053]
Silsbee lost the most of any team this year, [b]I don't see them making the playoffs. [/b]  WOS has one of the best players in the district coming back, HF is so streaky who knows what they'll do.  HJ lost the MVP, but returns everyone, OF only lost one player and also return everyone.
[/quote]

Silsbee has two first team all-district players, a second team and an honorable mention player returning.
[/quote]

Didn't every starting player 21-3A make All-District last year?  ;)

[quote name="HillGuy" post="863559" timestamp="1285993629"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=69162.msg796081#msg796081 date=1272600975]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=69162.msg795595#msg795595 date=1272464053]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Didn't every starting player 21-3A make All-District last year?   ;)
[/quote]

TROUBLEMAKER!!! ;D

[quote name="CoachKfan" post="796161" timestamp="1272636628"]
Looking at everyone who is back and all other things considered, ..........same song, second verse..............HJ and Orangefield will battle it out for the district championship again (probably splitting home and home).....3rd is probably a toss up.  I will go with HF because of those returning but after the job the Silsbee coach did this year with what he had returning, I have to put the Tigers in the mix.
[/quote]

Just one thing everybody is forgeting the new young gun comming in for HF

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="rice1963" post="866568" timestamp="1286306628"]
[quote author=CoachKfan link=topic=69162.msg796161#msg796161 date=1272636628]
Looking at everyone who is back and all other things considered, ..........same song, second verse..............HJ and Orangefield will battle it out for the district championship again (probably splitting home and home).....3rd is probably a toss up.  I will go with HF because of those returning but after the job the Silsbee coach did this year with what he had returning, I have to put the Tigers in the mix.
[/quote]

Just one thing everybody is forgeting the new young gun comming in for HF
[/quote]  

Does not matter HF is all about volleyball. As long as they let HF girls play volleyball during basketball season they will be average at best. 

Bleed, I believe that can be said for Orangefield.....aren't they playing basketball during the current volleyball season.. At the beginning of this season they looked like one of the top teams..now they look like $):@!  But one statement is right, you should focus on the sport in season and that should never change.... :)

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="tjcfan08" post="871962" timestamp="1286776361"]
Bleed, I believe that can be said for Orangefield.....aren't they playing basketball during the current volleyball season.. At the beginning of this season they looked like one of the top teams..now they look like $):@!  But one statement is right, you should focus on the sport in season and that should never change.... :)
[/quote]

I agree, they should concentate on the sport in season.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Bobcat05" post="872184" timestamp="1286814555"]
I have mixed feelings about that, I think they should still play basketball a few days a week, don't want them to be that rusty when the season starts...
[/quote]

You know I am a basketball guy but last year girls were playing volleyball oneday a week during basketball season and I opposed that so I cannot condon girls playing basketball during volleyball season. All the other teams will be rusty too. So I think it will be an even playing field.

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="872171" timestamp="1286814079"]
It was agreed on from the beginning that basketball would get two days a week during volleyball season for any [b]girls coordinator[/b] that came to OF. 
[/quote]

Is that what they call them at Orangefield, coordinators, not coaches?

I am with Bleed, if you have volleyball players that play basketball, they should concentrate on the sport at hand which is currently volleyball.

When basketball starts, then just basketball.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83