Kirbyville vs Vidor! who wins

I watched every Kirbyville game this year and i still dont believe that Ford runs a 4.3.  I'll give him a 4.4-4.5, as for the kids that ran him down, they all had a slight angle and if you have seen Ford run sometimes he goes into a short stride on those long runs.  The guy from Camden that ran him down didnt do it from srtaight behind and the next time Ford broke loose the guy didnt have a chance, I watched him pull away with my own eyes.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Kville99" post="801876" timestamp="1273947577"]
I watched every Kirbyville game this year and i still dont believe that Ford runs a 4.3.  I'll give him a 4.4-4.5, as for the kids that ran him down, they all had a slight angle and if you have seen Ford run sometimes he goes into a short stride on those long runs.  The guy from Camden that ran him down didnt do it from srtaight behind and the next time Ford broke loose the guy didnt have a chance, I watched him pull away with my own eyes.
[/quote]

Im not questioning that the Ford kid is fast.  But when people get on here and start bragging about a kid running a 4.3 40 I have to go  ::).  Everyone pads stats such as height , weight, etc. in the rosters.  But it looks like that video is a recruting tape and I dont know if I would be putting he runs a 4.3 on the first thing you see on the video unless he runs close to that.  A 4.3 is world class speed and even at a slight angle he would never get caught from behind.

I don't think he's a 4.3 guy, but a 4.5 -4.6  guy is blazing in high school. Don't  get me wrong the mofo can run the ball,once he plants his foot he gets up field. I'm a fan of his inside running putting the pads down and getting thought yards.

Jamall Charles ran a 4.3 at the NFL combine.

[quote name="Kville99" post="801876" timestamp="1273947577"]
I watched every Kirbyville game this year and i still dont believe that Ford runs a 4.3.  I'll give him a 4.4-4.5, as for the kids that ran him down, they all had a slight angle and if you have seen [b]Ford run sometimes he goes into a short stride on those long runs[/b].  The guy from Camden that ran him down didnt do it from srtaight behind and the next time Ford broke loose the guy didnt have a chance, I watched him pull away with my own eyes.
[/quote]

That's his biggest downfall if you want to call it that. ;)  I would say he is a ligit 4.5 with 4.4 potential.  As for that white boy from PP....he could flat out get it!  I would say he was a solid 4.4.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="bigtank_77705" post="801447" timestamp="1273853165"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=68914.msg801442#msg801442 date=1273851936]
[quote author=speedkills link=topic=68914.msg801400#msg801400 date=1273845031]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=68914.msg801129#msg801129 date=1273796684]
I'm still wondering who runs the 4.3???from either school.
[/quote]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbnBbLW2wSo
the guy thats on this video
[/quote]

I guess the kid from camden that caught him from behind in the video runs a 4.0 40.  Please ::) :o
[/quote]
i'm glad someone else seen that to.  :o
[/quote]
you seen him get caught in those clips but you didn't see the drives did you we gave it to him everytime, people do get tired. Im not saying he runs a 4.3 but he is fast.

Guest Kvillecatz
[quote name="Wildcats#1" post="813810" timestamp="1277011773"]
Kville Vs. WHO???? ...Who is Vidor?? lol Kville is takin this one Big With my Boy Aaron Breed Takin my Spot for Mext Year and Ford Will rush for over 150 on them Guranteed
[/quote]

;D Its gonna get ugly real quick :D 

Dem boyz want know what hit em  

[quote name="Kvillecatz" post="813814" timestamp="1277013064"]
[quote author=Wildcats#1 link=topic=68914.msg813810#msg813810 date=1277011773]
Kville Vs. WHO???? ...Who is Vidor?? lol Kville is takin this one Big With my Boy Aaron Breed Takin my Spot for Mext Year and Ford Will rush for over 150 on them Guranteed
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yall better make sure you win, or there will be enough crow for a buffet!  If you do win, I guess next year, y'all deserve to go to the next level of 20-4A opponents. (LCM or Nedereland)  If you get past that, 2 years from now, try Central or PNG.

Guest Kvillecatz
[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="813821" timestamp="1277014759"]
[quote author=Kvillecatz link=topic=68914.msg813814#msg813814 date=1277013064]
[quote author=Wildcats#1 link=topic=68914.msg813810#msg813810 date=1277011773]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yall better make sure you win, or there will be enough crow for a buffet!  [color=red]If you do win, I guess next year, y'all deserve to go to the next level of 20-4A opponents. (LCM, Nedereland or Ozen)  If you get past that, 2 years from now, try Central or PNG.[/color][/quote]

We are starting on the bottom

Now, now, now. K-ville will probably win ... this year. But, it won't be because of speed. We play Central and our defense finds a way to compete with their speed every year. And they have more than one or two workhorses to consider. More to the tune of four or five that can take turns turning on the jets. And every year we give them a run for their money and scare the living beejezus out of them. Right Soulja1? LOL!
No, our main problem this season, I'm afraid, will be moving the ball ... which will limit our scoring opportunities. Not saying it to dog our players. I'd never do that. Just considering the talk around town I have to be a realist ... even on here. But none of the talk really touches on defense, so we may still be as tough coming in this year. I'll have to wait until scrimmages to see that for myself though...

[quote name="RustedCutlass" post="813825" timestamp="1277017602"]
Now, now, now. K-ville will probably win ... this year. But, it won't be because of speed. We play Central and our defense finds a way to compete with their speed every year. And they have more than one or two workhorses to consider. More to the tune of four or five that can take turns turning on the jets. And every year we give them a run for their money and scare the living beejezus out of them. Right Soulja1? LOL!
No, our main problem this season, I'm afraid, will be moving the ball ... which will limit our scoring opportunities. Not saying it to dog our players. I'd never do that. Just considering the talk around town I have to be a realist ... even on here. But none of the talk really touches on defense, so we may still be as tough coming in this year. I'll have to wait until scrimmages to see that for myself though...
[/quote]
You wont find a way to stop Ford so our reason winning will be speed  :o

[quote name="speedkills" post="813853" timestamp="1277048681"]

You wont find a way to stop Ford so our reason winning will be speed  :o
[/quote]

We've heard that before.  ::) You guys can't touch Central and Ozen's speed ... which we face every year, so that is not my concern for this game. What I'm concerned about is our offense. We're way down from last year.
Bro, I certainly hope your team has more depth than one player. That is quite a load for him to have to carry your entire team. Or is it a team? To read your post, you make it sound like there is only one guy that can play. A one-sided gameplan is never enough, man.
I applaud you for supporting your school, but remember ... cockiness is never confidence.  ;)
Peace!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="813836" timestamp="1277040209"]
Yea, True!  That and including the 'phantom scoreboard' incident in 2006!  (sorry man!  I couldn't old that one back!  Lol) 
[/quote]

Hey! Don't give away our "secret weapon" man! LOL! ;D I guess Helen Keller was sitting in at the controls that night.

[quote name="RustedCutlass" post="813869" timestamp="1277061380"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=68914.msg813836#msg813836 date=1277040209]
Yea, True!  That and including the 'phantom scoreboard' incident in 2006!  (sorry man!  I couldn't old that one back!  Lol) 
[/quote]

Hey! Don't give away our "secret weapon" man! LOL! ;D I guess Helen Keller was sitting in at the controls that night.
[/quote] :D :D

[quote name="RustedCutlass" post="813825" timestamp="1277017602"]
[/quote]

RustedCutlass when you write "our main problem this season will be moving the ball." I assume you're refering to the running game, in view of the fact that Matthews runs a slot-T offense, which is a run-heavy offensive system. If by "moving the ball" you're alluding to the passing game I will concede the fact that it is essential for Vidor to include the play-action pass in order to reduce the number of people the defense can put in the box. As for the running game I'm convinced we have a solid backfield capable of running the ball and moving the chains despite the fact that defenses know were going to run the ball.

The slot-T is based on misdirections, quick pitches, crossbucks, counter traps, and zone blocking, and it all starts in the trenches with the offensive line. We have some quick lineman this year and they are going to be a huge factor in the Pirates success this season, while big and nasty is desirable, the good thing about the slot-T is that you don't have to maintain your block for that long, it's angle blocking, you just have to be quick to get to contact and hold your block for a second which is good because we're not going to overpower many people, but like they say "it's not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog." the o-line may not be big but they will play big.

As for "the talk around town" I know that fans in Vidor have been no stranger to disappointment, but we need to encourage and support these young men with our time, our treasure, and our talk.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder