Kirbyville vs Vidor! who wins

Guest blackflag
[quote name="incognito" post="813882" timestamp="1277065753"]

RustedCutlass when you write "our main problem this season will be moving the ball." I assume you're refering to the running game, in view of the fact that Matthews runs a slot-T offense, which is a run-heavy offensive system. If by "moving the ball" you're alluding to the passing game I will concede the fact that it is essential for Vidor to include the play-action pass in order to reduce the number of people the defense can put in the box. As for the running game I'm convinced we have a solid backfield capable of running the ball and moving the chains despite the fact that defenses know were going to run the ball.

The slot-T is based on misdirections, quick pitches, crossbucks, counter traps, and zone blocking, and it all starts in the trenches with the offensive line. We have some quick lineman this year and they are going to be a huge factor in the Pirates success this season, while big and nasty is desirable, the good thing about the slot-T is that you don't have to maintain your block for that long, it's angle blocking, you just have to be quick to get to contact and hold your block for a second which is good because we're not going to overpower many people, but like they say "it's not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog." the o-line may not be big but they will play big.

As for "the talk around town" I know that fans in Vidor have been no stranger to disappointment, but we need to encourage and support these young men with our time, our treasure, and our talk.
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly ! Great post.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124