The decision about the Beaumont's new athletic complex absolutely blows my mind.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="793198" timestamp="1271901863"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=68741.msg793180#msg793180 date=1271900114]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=68741.msg793124#msg793124 date=1271891697]
Don't worry Beaumont will never fill those stands on a regular basis and the sports complex will be a flop. But it is pretty. Here is what I predict, Beaumont will have one mega school in the future. Sound familar. Get ready tax payers it is coming. Maybe a while but it is coming. It will come to that someday so BISD can afford to pay the salary of Dr Thomas. By then he will need a condo in Florida and another car allowance for his great grandchild.  ;D ;D
[/quote]Aw man.. I was hopping that we can rival Orangfield's fan base...  But I guess that will never happen according to your 'Jackie Stallone' predictions...
[/quote]

Your right it will never happen. I have seen the support during the lean years for the beaumont schools. Beaumont will never compete with PNG, Nederland or Orangefield when it come to fan support. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

And you are proud of that?  Some folks realize that high school sports is not everything. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="westend1" post="793205" timestamp="1271902716"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=68741.msg793198#msg793198 date=1271901863]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=68741.msg793124#msg793124 date=1271891697]
Don't worry Beaumont will never fill those stands on a regular basis and the sports complex will be a flop. But it is pretty. Here is what I predict, Beaumont will have one mega school in the future. Sound familar. Get ready tax payers it is coming. Maybe a while but it is coming. It will come to that someday so BISD can afford to pay the salary of Dr Thomas. By then he will need a condo in Florida and another car allowance for his great grandchild.  ;D ;D
[/quote]Aw man.. I was hopping that we can rival Orangfield's fan base...  But I guess that will never happen according to your 'Jackie Stallone' predictions...
[/quote]

Your right it will never happen. I have seen the support during the lean years for the beaumont schools. Beaumont will never compete with PNG, Nederland or Orangefield when it come to fan support. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

And you are proud of that?   Some folks realize that high school sports is not everything. 
[/quote]

Yes I am and it is not just high school sports. It is everything, I promise you.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="793214" timestamp="1271903625"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=68741.msg793205#msg793205 date=1271902716]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=68741.msg793198#msg793198 date=1271901863]
[/quote]

[/quote]

And you are proud of that?   Some folks realize that high school sports is not everything. 
[/quote]

Yes I am and it is not just high school sports. It is everything, I promise you.
[/quote]

Glad for you.  Everyone needs something to live for.

Guest bleed orange
Let me ask you something "westend1" have you ever been involved? I mean really involved.  I have, president of little dribblers and also the ahtletic booster club. My commitment to kids will never come in question in my heart. I never did any of that for my kids because every kid was my kid, plain and simple. Yes I am proud. Until you have seen how the Orangefield community supports the kids, you have no clue.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="793222" timestamp="1271904110"]
Sure.  They can fill up the 500 minus capacity of Bobcat stadium...
[/quote]

That's OK at least we do in every sport. It is all about fan support. Something you guys no nothing about. ;D

[quote name="westend1" post="793205" timestamp="1271902716"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Which is why PN-G [i]also[/i] excels in academics and the performing arts. ;)

[quote name="bleed orange" post="793231" timestamp="1271904926"]
Let me ask you something "westend1" have you ever been involved? I mean really involved.  I have, president of little dribblers and also the ahtletic booster club. My commitment to kids will never come in question in my heart. I never did any of that for my kids because every kid was my kid, plain and simple. Yes I am proud. Until you have seen how the Orangefield community supports the kids, you have no clue.
[/quote]

Nah, I have no clue.  I did just spent two hours at senior league sign ups.  I have a bruise on my arm from umpiring a junior league game(where my kid wasn't even playing)  He plays high school ball now.  I am also on the board and have been for several years.( either little league and now junior/senior league)

In fact, I was at the sign shop at 8:00 this morning to pick up signs and spent my lunch hour putting them out.   Does that answer your questions?   And still, I believe there are more important things than being at every high school event.   I'm glad it fulfills your life, Bleed, but there is more.

Guest bleed orange
Look I am just just trying to piss you guys off so this thread can keep going. But I will say this I am good friends with the girls basketball coach at Central. She is awesome and a good coach. The girl sports get no respect from BISD and the area in general. I am pissed about that. The girls basketball program has been successful for many years. The coach has been the reason and they should be rewarded.  

[quote name="bleed orange" post="793240" timestamp="1271906202"]
Look I am just just trying to piss you guys off so this thread can keep going. But I will say this I am good friends with the girls basketball coach at Central. She is awesome and a good coach. The girl sports get no respect from BISD and the area in general. I am pissed about that. The girls basketball program has been successful for many years. The coach has been the reason and they should be rewarded.  
[/quote]

My daughter was a cheerleader.  i love her to death but it's hard to get too worked up about cheerleading competitions.  Give me two bits......              ;D

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="westend1" post="793236" timestamp="1271905634"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=68741.msg793231#msg793231 date=1271904926]
[/quote]

Nah, I have no clue.  I did just spent two hours at senior league sign ups.  I have a bruise on my arm from umpiring a junior league game(where my kid wasn't even playing)  He plays high school ball now.  I am also on the board and have been for several years.( either little league and now junior/senior league)

In fact, I was at the sign shop at 8:00 this morning to pick up signs and spent my lunch hour putting them out.   Does that answer your questions?   And still, I believe there are more important things than being at every high school event.   I'm glad it fulfills your life, Bleed, but there is more.
[/quote]

I stand corrected westend1, you are a person I admire and respect. I know the "more" , it is about life in the real world. My gratifacation will be when my kids become productive adults in society.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="westend1" post="793243" timestamp="1271906534"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=68741.msg793240#msg793240 date=1271906202]
[/quote]

My daughter was a cheerleader.  i love her to death but it's hard to get too worked up about cheerleading competitions.   Give me two bits......              ;D
[/quote]

My daugther was a cheerleader too and get ready to spend some money. Also girls are mean. Get ready for the drama. ;D ;D  Been there done that.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="793256" timestamp="1271907138"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=68741.msg793243#msg793243 date=1271906534]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=68741.msg793240#msg793240 date=1271906202]
[/quote]

My daughter was a cheerleader.  i love her to death but it's hard to get too worked up about cheerleading competitions.   Give me two bits......              ;D
[/quote]

My daugther was a cheerleader too and get ready to spend some money. Also girls are mean. Get ready for the drama. ;D ;D  Been there done that.
[/quote]

I'm through with all that now.  She's a soph at A&M.  Whoop!

[quote name="westend1" post="793243" timestamp="1271906534"]
[/quote]

My daughter was a cheerleader. [b] i love her to death but it's hard to get too worked up about cheerleading competitions.  Give me two bits......  [/b]             ;D
[/quote]

I just spit coffee on my keyboard......... ;D

Just when I think I don't like westend1..............he suprises me!!!!!

Glad your involved westend.....I coach all my son's sports.....it's like a 2nd full time job!

Maybe Beaumont should name the city Library or one of the new schools after David Morre.  Beaumont's ex mayor and felon.

Thats about a good a comparasion I can make to the school board naming the atheltic complex after the most egotistical, arrogant man in Beaumont.  And I forgot to mention the most overpaid.  Beaumont has had dozens of leaders of young people, and several in the athletic arena that are MUCH more deserving of a memorial.  Other than Carrol Thomas giving himself annual raise making him the highest paid administrator in Texas, what has he done.  Beaumont ISD pays pretty poorly for teachers, coaches, and any other district employee compared to just about any other 5A school in Texas, but this man still finds a way to convince BISD he's worhty of a raise, and large bonuses.  Pure BS and typical Beaumont crap.

Willie Ray Smith runs circles around this man in terms of class and character.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="793475" timestamp="1271953999"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=68741.msg793222#msg793222 date=1271904110]
[/quote]

Based on percentage of population, Orangefield wipes any BISD school off the map in fan support. ;)
[/quote]

Woo Hoo!        ::)  To use your words, give them a cookie.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="793256" timestamp="1271907138"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=68741.msg793243#msg793243 date=1271906534]
[/quote]

My daughter was a cheerleader.  i love her to death but it's hard to get too worked up about cheerleading competitions.   Give me two bits......              ;D
[/quote]
My daugther was a cheerleader too and get ready to spend some money. Also girls are mean. Get ready for the drama. ;D ;D  Been there done that.
[/quote]

One of the guys in my Sunday school class told me something very profound....
I am the father to one boy, but he said, "if you have a son, they grow up and go on, but if you have a daughter, they are forever".
Looking at how close my sister (age upper 40's) is with my dad, what a true statement!
ENJOY THIS TIME WITH YOUR DAUGHTER!
I am really glad I got a boy, but there is a magic quality that comes with a daughter!

[quote name="westend1" post="793479" timestamp="1271954449"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=68741.msg793475#msg793475 date=1271953999]
[/quote]

Based on percentage of population, Orangefield wipes any BISD school off the map in fan support. ;)
[/quote]

Woo Hoo!        ::)   To use your words, give them a cookie.
[/quote] :D :D :D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="793557" timestamp="1271965121"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=68741.msg793479#msg793479 date=1271954449]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
We have a good fan base at WB....work all the ratios you want...there's nothing else to do in those lil towns, but walk out side, sit in the yard and watch a game....

Guest Newbie
[quote name="SgtRey" post="793698" timestamp="1271981996"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=68741.msg793557#msg793557 date=1271965121]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=68741.msg793479#msg793479 date=1271954449]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
We have a good fan base at WB....work all the ratios you want...there's nothing else to do in those lil towns, but walk out side, sit in the yard and watch a game....
[/quote]
WB football fans multitask.  They watch the game while they're listening in to another game on their little earphones (psst don't tell anyone), update their profile on facebook, or post in here.  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="793709" timestamp="1271983705"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=68741.msg791998#msg791998 date=1271697060]
If CBT were white, there wouldn't be an Ozen or anything new built in BISD.  I'll go to my grave thinking that....
[/quote]Sounds to me like if anybody here is a racist, ITS YOU!
[/quote]

Oh well, that's your opinion and CBT's name is on the stadium.  There's is nothing you or the rest of the WestEnd Whiners can do about it....

Guest Newbie
One thing I've learned, [b]nothing[/b] is permanent.  Schools/buildings/businesses change names all the times. What goes up, must come down.  It's the circle of life. ;)

[quote name="Newbie" post="793774" timestamp="1271990511"]
One thing I've learned, [b]nothing[/b] is permanent.  Schools/buildings/businesses change names all the times. What goes up, must come down.  It's the circle of life. ;)
[/quote]
Yep, I think the Greenies would agree with you on that.