The decision about the Beaumont's new athletic complex absolutely blows my mind.

I have to admit...  They did screw me over and gave me the run around when I tried to get the Team's football schedule when I called saying I have to wait months then they backdoored and gave the same information that I asked for to the 'suprise'.. But many districts do stupid stuff at one point.  But AAW, I do seem to remember that assinine comment about  the proposed BISD stadium as you referred to it never being built or it beeing finished in 2040 or something like that...

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="792888" timestamp="1271865967"]
I have to admit...  They did screw me over and gave me the run around when I tried to get the Team's football schedule when I called saying I have to wait months then they backdoored and gave the same information that I asked for to the 'suprise'.. But many districts do stupid stuff at one point.  [b]But AAW, I do seem to remember that assinine comment about  the proposed BISD stadium as you referred to it never being built or it beeing finished in 2040 or something like that...[/b][/quote]

Give them a cookie. ;)

It was a bit of an exaggerated joke, I guess it went right over your head. ::)

I stand by my posts.....and yes my wife is a teacher in the district and wanted to post. She is entitled to her opinion as am I. You disagree and hate what I post all you want....but she lives it every day. I will tell her to created her own screen name so their will not be any confusion in the future.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="792890" timestamp="1271866224"]
I have a really close relative that attends a school in Silsbee ISD so I know some of their 'complete Jokes'...
[/quote]

Nobody said anything about Silsbee ISD being perfect.

I just gave my perspective seeing that I have to deal with a multitude of school districts in this area. BISD is the only one that gives us problems. Not Silsbee, PNG, PA, BC, WOS, Kountze,......ect, ect, ect

[quote name="tupac7" post="792892" timestamp="1271866280"]
I stand by my posts.....and yes my wife is a teacher in the district and wanted to post. She is entitled to her opinion as am I. You disagree and hate what I post all you want....but she lives it every day. I will tell her to created her own screen name so their will not be any confusion in the future.
[/quote]so it was Wifey, huh??  ::) ::)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="792897" timestamp="1271866458"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=68741.msg792890#msg792890 date=1271866224]
I have a really close relative that attends a school in Silsbee ISD so I know some of their 'complete Jokes'...
[/quote]

I just gave my perspective seeing that I have to deal with a multitude of school districts in this area. BISD is the only one that gives us problems. Not Silsbee, PNG, PA, BC, WOS, Kountze,......ect, ect, ect
[/quote]

Could be that they have more important things to deal with than where you are going to set up your microphone.              8)

[quote name="westend1" post="792904" timestamp="1271866688"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=68741.msg792897#msg792897 date=1271866458]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=68741.msg792890#msg792890 date=1271866224]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Could be that they have more important things to deal with than where you are going to set up your microphone.              8)
[/quote]

I would certainly hope so. ::) But other districts seem to take care of our business with no problems. ;)

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="792903" timestamp="1271866677"]
[quote author=tupac7 link=topic=68741.msg792892#msg792892 date=1271866280]
[/quote]so it was Wifey, huh??   ::) ::)
[/quote]

A teacher would know.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="792916" timestamp="1271867124"]
No, didn't go over my head at all, [b]but you implied that BISD would drag their feet on this project[/b]...  Just had to make sure  you remembered that, My man!   ;D ;D
[/quote]

Based on past actions from this administration, one would imply those thoughts. ;)

Guest JoesBros
As a broadcaster we have to call the school district a week ahead of time and get premission to set up in their press box and makes sure everything is ok to broadcast a football game. I have had great and easy experiences with every school district EXCEPT BISD. They gave away the broadcast rights for a playoff game a couple of years ago for Central to another outlet that has nothing to do with BISD or Southeasttexas. That Monday when I went to get things straight for SETXSPORTS.COM to broadcast the Central playoff game I was denied access. This past season I was given the run around the whole week by a BISD Administrator trying to get things together for a football broadcast at The Babe. I was told to broadcast right next to another media outlet that decided to show up there in the same room!!! When i called and said that there was no way for two separte broadcast to sit 5 feet away from eachother the Administrator set up a meeting to meet me at the Stadium. When we got there to meet with him he decides not to show up and gets a maintenence guy (who was really nice and helpful) to show me where they wanted me to broadcast from. Lets just say that broadcasting a football game on the roof of a Big Press Box and unused rooms next to a big noisey A/C unit was not the most convienent experience I have had working a game. Just my two cents on the way I feel about BISD and how I was treated.

Mr. BMTSoulja 1,

Yes I am the "Wifey" and I have yet to hear any constructive rebuttal from you. Obviously you got nothing from my post...So let me reiterate: I am tired of being the laughing stock outside of the Golden Triangle.  Goose Creek has nothing positive to say, Humble has nothing positive to say, Galena Park has nothing positive to say, Channelview has nothing positive to say, and sadly neither does Port Arthur about BISD!  And that is just our district, you can only imagine what the other districts say....Oh wait, they don't even know we exist.  Now that's progress!

When you have to get your team's district schedule from another coach in another district, IT IS EMBARRASSING!!!  And things like that happen all the time!  Yes I live it, yes I defend it, and yes I would like my administration and super to stop making bone-head decisions that I have to defend when I am outside of this area!!!

Now, the reason why I stay is because of my students.  They have been put in my life for a reason just as I am in theirs.  I didn't get into education so I could be stepped on every time I turn around. There have been alot of things to happen in this district of which many of the public have no idea.  Our district is broken (morally) and the people that can fix it have no idea. That is what you should have gotten out of my post.

Sincerely,
MRS. Tupac7
"The Wifey"

If you are truly his wife, then let those haters hate (those people that say stuff to embarrass you).  Let them... If you are doing your best, then keep doing so.Obviously, we,re doing something right as we are moving in a good direction, vs. Where we could be...

BTW, call me Soulja.  Geesh, your making me feel old!  ;D

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="792775" timestamp="1271829742"]
I would suggest people drive to Fort Bend ISD and see all the new construction since 2000 which includes 4 new high schools.  And Trippy, it's called White Flight.  Alot of you left PA after the layoffs in '82 and '84

SFA, Fort Bend ISD for one is having money issues and laying teachers off right now. Second, FBISD has 68,000 students, 31.42% Black, 23.71%, 23.02 Hispanic, 21.78% Asian, and 0.19 American Indian. Thats straight from the web site of FBISD. You gotta come with something better than that. Maybe next time say like the Woodlands, Katy is not even high ratio of white. Texas is a melting pot, and the majority of school districts are as well. I think it has to do with the area mentality and socio-economic status. Black students at FBISD,Katy ISD, Conroe ISD are getting great education. [b]PA is the armpit of Texas, and until they get a grip on the THUGS in that town it will continue to go down.[/b][/quote]

Good post "home boy"... :D

Guest Newbie
[quote name="tupac7" post="792892" timestamp="1271866280"]
[/quote]
Actually, you are using your wife's BISD email as your board contact info so technically, it is her account.  You might want to change that.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who you are.  I did.  I'm just sayin..... ;)

[quote name="Newbie" post="793060" timestamp="1271883593"]
[/quote]
Actually, you are using your wife's BISD email as your board contact info so technically, it is her account.  You might want to change that.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who you are.  I did.  I'm just sayin..... ;)
[/quote]

Yet we know nothing of you as your profile is hidden.  Now that you know her, maybe you can visit her in her classroom and see it for yourself.

Guest Newbie
[quote name="tupac7" post="793095" timestamp="1271887603"]
[quote author=Newbie link=topic=68741.msg793060#msg793060 date=1271883593]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Yet we know nothing of you as your profile is hidden.  Now that you know her, maybe you can visit her in her classroom and see it for yourself.
[/quote]
;D ;D ;D It's okay, your secret is safe with me.

Guest bleed orange
Don't worry Beaumont will never fill those stands on a regular basis and the sports complex will be a flop. But it is pretty. Here is what I predict, Beaumont will have one mega school in the future. Sound familar. Get ready tax payers it is coming. Maybe a while but it is coming. It will come to that someday so BISD can afford to pay the salary of Dr Thomas. By then he will need a condo in Florida and another car allowance for his great grandchild.  ;D ;D

[quote name="bleed orange" post="793124" timestamp="1271891697"]
Don't worry Beaumont will never fill those stands on a regular basis and the sports complex will be a flop. But it is pretty. Here is what I predict, Beaumont will have one mega school in the future. Sound familar. Get ready tax payers it is coming. Maybe a while but it is coming. It will come to that someday so BISD can afford to pay the salary of Dr Thomas. By then he will need a condo in Florida and another car allowance for his great grandchild.  ;D ;D
[/quote]
You must be related to "CLEO"

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="SgtRey" post="793163" timestamp="1271897201"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=68741.msg793124#msg793124 date=1271891697]
[/quote]
You must be related to "CLEO"
[/quote]

No "JED". ;D ;D

[quote name="bleed orange" post="793124" timestamp="1271891697"]
[/quote]Aw man.. I was hopping that we can rival Orangfield's fan base...  But I guess that will never happen according to your 'Jackie Stallone' predictions...

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="793180" timestamp="1271900114"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=68741.msg793124#msg793124 date=1271891697]
[/quote]Aw man.. I was hopping that we can rival Orangfield's fan base...  But I guess that will never happen according to your 'Jackie Stallone' predictions...
[/quote]

Your right it will never happen. I have seen the support during the lean years for the beaumont schools. Beaumont will never compete with PNG, Nederland or Orangefield when it come to fan support. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!