A First for BH - Spring Football

[quote name="BHtheHill" post="792230" timestamp="1271737024"]
The QB spot is up for grabs, I hear there there is a senior to be and two juniors  to be that are strong contendors. I am sure the younger kid will get a fare shot but the new style offense does not fit him as well as the others.
[/quote]

So is it confirmed?  Will we now be a running team vs. the spread?  We have some younger talent working it's way toward high school and a few there now. I think good times are to come after a bump or two. 

I think you are correct. There will be bumps this season---new coach and a new system will bring some big victories but also some big mistakes. The future is bright at BH as some very good talent is on the way just don't look for miracles the first season.

[quote name="BHtheHill" post="792466" timestamp="1271803102"]
Yes it is confirmed, The Hill will be running the MultiBone offense next year. It will be a different style of football & hopefully the coaches and kids can adjust and be successful with it.
[/quote]

It was confirmed the day they hired Coach Gage

[quote name="bh89-2" post="790146" timestamp="1271263714"]
Historically we have not had a large number of players go both ways.  There were a few (McWilliams, Ponder, etc) but not a whole lot.  I like it.  I think it helps to get the bugs out early and while things are still fresh in their minds.  Not to mention it's hard to focus on what your doing when your trying not to have a heat stroke in August.  One part of BH's success has been conditioning.  Hopefully the early start will help to enhance the already good conditioning into the summer.  Being a small 4A school, players will have to play more than those bigger schools.

Great Move Coach! 
[/quote]

Both of the possible starting QB's play Varsity baseball

[quote name="BHtheHill" post="792230" timestamp="1271737024"]
The QB spot is up for grabs, I hear there there is a senior to be and two juniors  to be that are strong contendors. I am sure the younger kid will get a fare shot but the new style offense does not fit him as well as the others.
[/quote]
Contenders are Corbin Abshire, Cody Thompson, Tyler Nukem(spelling probably not right), Andrew McMillan, and Preston Townly.

believe it or not, coach gage has proved himself statewide. hope his spring goes well without outside help.  he is more than qualified to evaluate the talent, even if he is from the north. as some say, he has forgotten more than most will ever know. he will make a difference at bh.

[quote name="eagle65" post="793340" timestamp="1271911178"]
believe it or not, coach gage has proved himself statewide. hope his spring goes well without outside help.  he is more than qualified to evaluate the talent, even if he is from the north. as some say, he has forgotten more than most will ever know. he will make a difference at bh.
[/quote]

Sooooooooooooooooo True :D The man doesn't need to prove his self at BH! BH has never in it's history had a coach with such a resum'e! Does this mean we are state bound NOOOOOO, but I do think that we will finially get to see if BH has athletes or not. I think we do! It may not by D1 talent, but these kids are athletic enough to be competitive! Spring drills are a must this year IMO when implementing a new system, but like PNG I don't think BH will take long to adapt. one thing the BH team seems to have is a high level of intelligence which will make this transistion alot smoother IMO. Can't wait for the season!!

[quote name="SKINS" post="793158" timestamp="1271896631"]
[quote author=BHtheHill link=topic=68611.msg792230#msg792230 date=1271737024]
[/quote]
Contenders are Corbin Abshire, Cody Thompson, Tyler Nukem(spelling probably not right), Andrew McMillan, and Preston Townly.
[/quote]

I see the Townly kid out there every afternoon with his dad.  He looks pretty solid as far as passing is concerned.  He might be the go to guy on Varsity this year.  I don't think you can count him out just because he is a Sophomore.  If he's as good under pressure as I've seen him out there practicing, I don't see why he wouldn't be given the shot. 

Newcomb can also pass the ball well, but he also showed us last year that he is as good or better on the running plays, he is a very strong kid and can break through tackles amazingly well. 

Thompson is another one who can pass the ball really well, is he a good runner?  Speaking of running, what times do these guys post in the 40yd dash?

[quote name="Eagle_Fan" post="795342" timestamp="1272390697"]
[quote author=SKINS link=topic=68611.msg793158#msg793158 date=1271896631]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I see the Townly kid out there every afternoon with his dad.  He looks pretty solid as far as passing is concerned.  He might be the go to guy on Varsity this year.  I don't think you can count him out just because he is a Sophomore.  If he's as good under pressure as I've seen him out there practicing, I don't see why he wouldn't be given the shot. 

Newcomb can also pass the ball well, but he also showed us last year that he is as good or better on the running plays, he is a very strong kid and can break through tackles amazingly well.   

Thompson is another one who can pass the ball really well, is he a good runner?  Speaking of running, what times do these guys post in the 40yd dash?
[/quote]

Hope they know how to pitch the ball to the back on the run. ;D

[quote name="Eagle_Fan" post="795342" timestamp="1272390697"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I don't think any spot is filled right now and probably won't be until the week of the first game.  At least I would hope not.  I believe these new coach's will do a good job of evaluating the talent we have and get them in the right spots.  I wouldn't count anyone out.

[quote name="SKINS" post="793158" timestamp="1271896631"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
the qb will be townly hands down!

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="bh_eagle_122" post="795725" timestamp="1272499311"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Thought he was moving?

[quote name="bh_eagle_122" post="795725" timestamp="1272499311"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Hands down?  Interesting...

I heard he was moving also.

[quote name="hookslide" post="795837" timestamp="1272548344"]
[quote author=bh_eagle_122 link=topic=68611.msg795725#msg795725 date=1272499311]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Hands down?  Interesting...

I heard he was moving also.
[/quote]

Well let's see. A QB groomed to be the next Drew Tate on the local level at a Running school. Yea he is moving. Maybe to the EAST. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont