Oct. 8 Ozen* Home 7:30

Oct. 15 Little Cypress Mauriceville* Away 7:30

Oct. 22 Central Home 7:30

Oct. 29 Port Neches Groves* Home 7:30

Nov. 5 Livingston*        Away 7:30

*District games
# Homecoming

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="784868" timestamp="1270085944"]
Vidor is only playing 4 home games.  And they have a game against a school with a 1000 less students?
[/quote]
Last year was only 4 home games as well.  Who are they playing with only 450 students?
Kirbyville I thought moved up to 3A this year?  I know BC is 3A and I believe Texas High is 5A although it may be 4A.

[quote name="im on fire" post="785494" timestamp="1270182950"]
looks like a pretty weak pre district to me.  esp for a possible 4a playoff team.  is it just me?
[/quote]

Texas High is a good 4a team that went 7-4 last year and 9-2 in 2008 including playoff wins both years.  Bridge City seems to be on the upswing and has a few athletes coming back.  Kirbyville has been one of the best teams in the area over the last few years no matter their size.

I don't think this schedule is that bad, especially after last years pre-district schedule.  At least they are not playing all of the TAPPS teams again.

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="785268" timestamp="1270165078"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=67969.msg784868#msg784868 date=1270085944]
Vidor is only playing 4 home games.  And they have a game against a school with a 1000 less students?
[/quote]
Last year was only 4 home games as well.  [b]Who are they playing with only 450 students[/b]?
Kirbyville I thought moved up to 3A this year?   I know BC is 3A and I believe Texas High is 5A although it may be 4A.
[/quote]

Kirbyville turned in 430 for the realignment. Talked to some of the coaches in the last couple of weeks and their enrollment number is around 410 now.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="785501" timestamp="1270184507"]
[quote author=im on fire link=topic=67969.msg785494#msg785494 date=1270182950]
looks like a pretty weak pre district to me.  esp for a possible 4a playoff team.  is it just me?
[/quote]

Texas High is a good 4a team that went 7-4 last year and 9-2 in 2008 including playoff wins both years.  Bridge City seems to be on the upswing and has a few athletes coming back.  Kirbyville has been one of the best teams in the area over the last few years no matter their size.

I don't think this schedule is that bad, especially after last years pre-district schedule.  At least they are not playing all of the TAPPS teams again.
[/quote]

TXHS has been on the down fall the past 2 years.  i heard this was a complete rebuilding year.  BC had those few players last year, i dont see them being anywhere near where they were last year.  i talk to the trainer at KHS often and ive asked him how it was going to look next year.....he said he doesnt seem this team being where they have been in the past.  but yeah i agree with you on not playing the TAPPS teams. 

Wow,  here we go with all the haters again.  Lets not forget Matthews had Crosby scheduled but they backed out because of some sorry school board members in Crosby.  This preseason schedule looks better than the last couple of years.  Some people are never happy.  Go Pirates

Coach Mathews did a great job with his pre-district schedule this year.  Texas High is a perennial contender for the state championship.  Bridge City under Coach Stump is a team that will probably be making a splash in 21-3A.  And Kirbyville, well two straight state championship finals appearances speaks for itself.

I have been one to take a jab at Vidor's predistrict schedule, but not for the next 2 years.  It looks solid.

that is not a easy pre district at all texas high is a really good football team, bridge city they should beat not saying they will but should and kirbyville may have the most fastest team they play all year bringin back most of the team that went to state vidor will probaly go in to district 1-2 maybe 0-3 they have no lineman this year may be a long year for the vidor boys

The small enrollment of students doesn't effect Kirbyville football program. Last year when Kirbyville(2a) played WOS(3a) we had a little more depth and size. Vidor is classified as a 4a program but hopefully they dont think its a land slide coming to Kirbyville. If they have that mind set of a "easy win" just cause we small 3A now then it might be a long ride back up highway 96 South!

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="789088" timestamp="1271056354"]
[/quote] I wonder what kind of comment you gonna make after they play Kirbyville.
[/quote]

well with the type of district that vidor plays in they need a tougher predistrict to get ready for it, even if it means losing to larger better schools it will help you in this this district....i dont see how playing a smaller school even though kville will be tough they need to play bigger schools.  it is a great step up from last year.  i like vidor but i dont see em in the playoff hunt.  i hope to eat my words by the way.

Vidor had livingston and crosby scheduled in the pre season.  Crosby dropped them, and the UIL put Livingston back into their distict.  Those two teams along with Texas High would have been three 4A playoff programs.  They filled in with a very good Kirbyville team that could not find games and Bridge City who should have a great year.  I think Vidor wanted to play bigger schools just like you, it just didnt work out the way we wanted,

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="im on fire" post="789112" timestamp="1271078254"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=67969.msg789088#msg789088 date=1271056354]
[/quote] I wonder what kind of comment you gonna make after they play Kirbyville.
[/quote]

well with the type of district that vidor plays in they need a tougher predistrict to get ready for it, even if it means losing to larger better schools it will help you in this this district....i dont see how playing a smaller school even though kville will be tough they need to play bigger schools.  it is a great step up from last year.  i like vidor but i dont see em in the playoff hunt.  i hope to eat my words by the way.
[/quote]
You werent around the last few years to see who they had scheduled in non-district. This is a pretty decent schedule.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder