Any Thoughts?

I say BH Wins 6-4!
[/quote]

I say you're crazy!

GCM wins big.

They'll get a big dose of the Polar Bear Hunter. ;D
[/quote]

What! not crazy  ;D
somebody is going to be O'fer for the week.
and i say its GCM!  ;D ;D ;D 

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="gander88" post="781375" timestamp="1269452227"]
I have a better name for you how about "real funny".If both teams play to their talent level then GCM wins by 4.8 to 4.But in baseball anything can happen.
[/quote]

Now way the Hill Boy's score 4 runs.

Better make sure Thrif-Tee is stocked up on Pampers and Kleenex. You're gonna need 'em.

Guest GCMPats
Maybe the worst umpired game I've seen in a while.  No way Legget should have been ejected.  No way the catcher missed that tag on the runner at 3rd. Other than that, it was fun to watch. Round 1 goes to the Hill.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="782716" timestamp="1269657651"]
Maybe the worst umpired game I've seen in a while.  No way Legget should have been ejected.  No way the catcher missed that tag on the runner at 3rd. Other than that, it was fun to watch. Round 1 goes to the Hill.
[/quote]He did not miss the tag, he tagged him with a empty glove, the ball was in the throwing hand,that means he was safe.That call by the umpire was the only one he got right.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="The Patriot" post="782771" timestamp="1269658882"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=67716.msg782716#msg782716 date=1269657651]
[/quote]He did not miss the tag, he tagged him with a empty glove, the ball was in the throwing hand,that means he was safe.That call by the umpire was the only one he got right.
[/quote]

The glove was empty, but he tagged him with both hands. The ball was in the other.

That means he was out. Just like the umpire in the field called it! The guy behind the plate over-ruled him.

For months I have been reading on this Forum how bad the Goose was going to beat BH, talking about how big and bad you were with all your seniors and your 2-5 batters in the lline up and your move ins and your great pitching. While you said BH had lost all it's seniors last year and we did not have the experience and little or no pitching and how you couldn't wait to meet us on the field and we would be easy pickins. Well crow doesn't taste to good but Goose does and it looks like yours got cooked. Don't you just love the game of baseball.

You are right GCMpats anyone who knows the game of baseball would know that the home plate umpire shouldn't overrule that call.First of all the the umpire in the field gave the out signal which prompted the catcher to chase down the kid between 2nd and third to get him out for the double play.If he would have known that he wasn't out he would not have given up on that runner.Terrible job by the umpire crew by loosing control of the game.You cannot read anything into what the "[b]PATRIOT[/b]" says because it has been pretty much all negative about this team.Anyhow cogradulations to Barbers Hill.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="781382" timestamp="1269452576"]
[quote author=gander88 link=topic=67716.msg781375#msg781375 date=1269452227]
I have a better name for you how about "real funny".If both teams play to their talent level then GCM wins by 4.8 to 4.But in baseball anything can happen.
[/quote]

Now way the Hill Boy's score 4 runs.

Better make sure Thrif-Tee is stocked up on [b]Pampers and Kleenex[/b]. You're gonna need 'em.
[/quote]

Well, did they have plenty?????

[quote name="GCMPats" post="782995" timestamp="1269704345"]
Come on now! 3-4 with ol mo swingin to the Goose! That call changed the whole game.

BH won. Congrats. See yall in round 2!
[/quote]

I think Leggett being tossed from the game was much worse than the call that went against GCM. We haven't talked about Jacobs hitting a BH batter after Leggett being tossed and him being allowed to remain in the game. Once an umpire sets the standard of tossing a pitcher for hitting a batter it should have been an automatic ejection when Jacobs hit the BH batter. That didn't happen, so your ahead on the calls in my book.

Congrats on the big win BH!

This one kinda reminds me of last years first round game when the team that had the big bats in the lineup thought they were going to win big and ended up "[b]getting shut down by a sophomore on the mound"[/b] as I recall someone saying. ;D ;D

[quote name="RIP09" post="783001" timestamp="1269705699"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=67716.msg782995#msg782995 date=1269704345]
Come on now! 3-4 with ol mo swingin to the Goose! That call changed the whole game.

[/quote]

I think Leggett being tossed from the game was much worse than the call that went against GCM. We haven't talked about Jacobs hitting a BH batter after Leggett being tossed and him being allowed to remain in the game. Once an umpire sets the standard of tossing a pitcher for hitting a batter it should have been an automatic ejection when Jacobs hit the BH batter. That didn't happen, so your ahead on the calls in my book.

This one kinda reminds me of last years first round game when the team that had the big bats in the lineup thought they were going to win big and ended up "[b]getting shut down by a sophomore on the mound"[/b] as I recall someone saying. ;D ;D
[/quote]

I have to agree. Nothing against Leggett or Jacobs ( from what I've heard neither were intentional) but by tossing Leggett the umpire made a statement and should've tossed Jacobs also. 

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="783008" timestamp="1269706376"]
[quote author=RIP09 link=topic=67716.msg783001#msg783001 date=1269705699]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=67716.msg782995#msg782995 date=1269704345]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have to agree. Nothing against Leggett or Jacobs ( from what I've heard neither were intentional) but by tossing Leggett the umpire made a statement and should've tossed Jacobs also. 
[/quote]

Exactly. That's what I'm saying. Neither should have been tossed but once you toss one then the other has to go as well.

Guest GCMPats
I agree and I thought he did toss him at first. He would have been completey justified based on his previous call. It's just too bad he had no idea what he was doing.

I have no problem eating a little crow every now and then. Adds a little spice to your life. Thriftee closed at 8 oclock so I could not check their inventory.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124