*HJ & SILSBEE REGIONAL TOURN. BROADCAST*/TONIGHT @ 6pm!!/HJ WINS/Silsbee WINS!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Howard Cosell of Hardwood…

The Lips of Lay Up…

The Voice of Victory …

Thanks once again for some great calls,  Mike.  Not to offend anyone or lay down a hex or a jinx, but I feel the need to set forth my prognostication:

Neutral court = Tiger’s win
Based on match ups:

Ricossa vs.  Thomas/Jones
Prudhomme vs.  Stallworth
Turner vs. Hill
Gustafson vs. Gaines
Sutherland vs. Lane

Yes, these are not the starting line ups, but maybe they should be.  By adding Gaines to the front court and dropping D.C. to the block, and rotating the trees, it would make a very interesting game.  There are some guys left out, sorry, but these are the main players.  Just an opinion.   Of course, the game is not played on paper.  And, the winner will certainly proudly represent Hardin County in the tournament of regional champions.  Good luck to both squads.  Can’t wait to listen in.

Guys I bailed tonight on the 2nd game because of my superstitions!!!  I told Mike that had FF beat HJ I would have been there for the entire Silsbee game.  I planned on doing what we did last year and so I left.....only to find out that we went to a different restaurant...........so I also changed my plans again and came home instead of staying in Huntsville and then driving home in the morning for work!!!!  I will be heading back to Huntsville after work and will call the game with Mike tomorrow night!!!  I cannot wait.....HJ/ Silsbee to go to State!!!  The great thing is that regardless of the outcome that 21-3A has a Regional Champ for 5 years in a row now!!!!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="771992" timestamp="1267857026"]
Same with Silsbee. After losing all their 3 point shooting and their all state point guard, just didn't think Silsbee could make it this far.
[/quote][b][i][color=maroon]Who was the guy who said "Never underestimate the heart of a Champion"

[quote name="PINETREE" post="772008" timestamp="1267879428"]

[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=66867.msg771992#msg771992 date=1267857026]
Same with Silsbee. After losing all their 3 point shooting and their all state point guard, just didn't think Silsbee could make it this far.
[/quote][b][i][color=maroon]Who was the guy who said "Never underestimate the heart of a Champion"
[/quote]

Rudy Tomjanovich, coach of the Rockets in 94/95 when they won back to back NBA titles.

That quote is a bit premature, IMO.  I'd wait for 3 more wins then break it out.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="771992" timestamp="1267857026"]
[/quote]

Who was this all state pt guard for Silsbee last year?   I didn't get to see them play last year.  Refresh my memory please.

Nevermind, Shannon Robinson.  I forgot all about him.  Where is he these days?

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="PINETREE" post="772008" timestamp="1267879428"]

[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=66867.msg771992#msg771992 date=1267857026]
[/quote]

Whoa there, my young whipper snappers.  That was ME that said that!  I just didn't say it FIRST. 8)

Guest jhamilton
Be careful Mike and good luck to the Tigers bc should be a great game. You do so much for the kids of of this area and lucky to have you.

I'd stay.  Too much back and forth driving. 

Speaking of driving, my truck has been sputtering here lately.  I've been looking at it on and off, but I am scared to put it on the  highway.  So, I'll be listening to the game  tonight.  It should be a great game. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder