How many seniors does each team lose?

Kountze loses ALOT! It will be one of those 'rebuilding' years for us.  :-X (Remember the name Jordan Holmes)

Roman Walker - 20.5 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 2.9 apg
Devin Bray - 23.3 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 4.2 apg (Led team in scoring, rebounds and assists per game)
David Johnson - 9.5 ppg
Troy Whisenhant - 10.9 ppg (6th man)
Demarcus Tealer - 7.0 ppg

HJ loses Turner, Venable and Ricossa as starters................
HJ loses Nobles, Weldon and Brown as reserves..........

Obviously biggest loss is Turner.............with the style of play that HJ has the others can be replaced very easily with what HJ has coming back and what they have that will move up to varsity next year!!!  Really do not expect HJ to miss a beat next season!!!!

Silsbee loses 5 seniors of the 12 players on varsity.

Starters Pheal Hill, Avory Thomas and Kendrick Jones.

Reserves Leroy Simmons and Waylon Lockett.

Tigers will return starters Prentice Lane and D.C. Stallworth along with key reserves Kelton Gaines, Xavior Harris and Ronald Barrett with these three the most likely to start next year.

21-3A:  HJ and Silsbee stated above.  OF loses 7, WOS loses 7, BC loses all but 2, HF only loses 5.  Looks like 3rd is up for grabs.  Who had the better underlevels and works the hardest in the offseason could make the difference.  Sure hope the Bobcats are working.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="770666" timestamp="1267731950"]
HJ loses Turner, Venable and Ricossa as starters................
HJ loses Nobles, Weldon and Brown as reserves..........

Obviously biggest loss is Turner.............with the style of play that HJ has the others can be replaced very easily with what HJ has coming back and what they have that will move up to varsity next year!!!  Really do not expect HJ to miss a beat next season!!!!
[/quote]

I dont know to lose six players and three starters is going to have some bumps along the way..

Venable earned his way into the starting line up this season after about 10 games or so...........he is important but not a vital part to HJ.....he will be replaced with Prudhome in the starting line up next season.  Ricossa........well what can you say about this kid.  He will be tough to replace but after two knee issues over the last two years I can see either Persohn, Sadien or even the sophomore to be Carr  stepping in and helping out on the glass and rebounding.  I am not sure but I would say that Ricossa is averaging less than 5 points a game since his return during district.  The big difference he made was on the press break!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="771086" timestamp="1267766099"]
Venable earned his way into the starting line up this season after about 10 games or so...........he is important but not a vital part to HJ.....he will be replaced with Prudhome in the starting line up next season.  Ricossa........well what can you say about this kid.  He will be tough to replace but after two knee issues over the last two years I can see either Persohn, Sadien or even the sophomore to be Carr  stepping in and helping out on the glass and rebounding.  I am not sure but I would say that Ricossa is averaging less than 5 points a game since his return during district.  The big difference he made was on the press break!!!
[/quote]Ricossa's Defense will be missed, as well.  True, the kid helped out a lot in breaking the press.  But I think he was the heart and soul of the half-court defense...... yeah, maybe he and Jacoby would be more accurate.  I see Will Anderson and Persohn (if he gets a little quicker) filling in Phillips shoes pretty well.

But overall, 2011 will be a rebuilding year for HJ..... I predict a State Tourney Bid for the poor kids.  ;)

"But overall, 2011 will be a rebuilding year for HJ..... I predict a State Tourney Bid for the poor kids."

I would not be surprised to see the 2011 Hawks win State--  a back-to-back State title.

One game at a time, though.  Let's just make sure we fly all over those Eagles tonight.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="771086" timestamp="1267766099"]
Venable earned his way into the starting line up this season after about 10 games or so...........he is important but not a vital part to HJ.....he will be replaced with Prudhome in the starting line up next season.  Ricossa........well what can you say about this kid.  He will be tough to replace but after two knee issues over the last two years I can see either Persohn, Sadien [b]or even the sophomore to be Carr  stepping in and helping out on the glass and [/b] rebounding.  I am not sure but I would say that Ricossa is averaging less than 5 points a game since his return during district.  The big difference he made was on the press break!!!
[/quote]Or you sure ?  ;)

[quote name="Sloe" post="771792" timestamp="1267844057"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=66840.msg771086#msg771086 date=1267766099]
Venable earned his way into the starting line up this season after about 10 games or so...........he is important but not a vital part to HJ.....he will be replaced with Prudhome in the starting line up next season.  Ricossa........well what can you say about this kid.  He will be tough to replace but after two knee issues over the last two years I can see either Persohn, Sadien [b]or even the sophomore to be Carr  stepping in and helping out on the glass and [/b] rebounding.  I am not sure but I would say that Ricossa is averaging less than 5 points a game since his return during district.  The big difference he made was on the press break!!!
[/quote]Or you sure ?  ;)
[/quote]

what does that mean ??? are you saying he will not be a sophmore next year or he has no chance of being on varsity.??

[quote name="Sloe" post="770901" timestamp="1267755996"]
Losing Turner will hurt. But hey I'll take another rebuilding year.  ;)
[/quote]

the way prudhomme has been playing, it looks like he might be the next big name for the hawks.  if can keep playing like he has been the last month or so, it will go a LONG way to filling the hole that turner will leave.

Prudhomme is the next HJ star.

He came off the bench scoring 23 against Navasota, 19 against Cleveland, and 14 against Fairfield, to help lead the Hawks to the regional finals.

He was held to just 3 points last night against Silsbee, all in the first half.

HJ will be very good next season as well.

[quote name="ford15" post="772696" timestamp="1267971839"]
H-J starting 5 next year.

1. Gus
2. Proudhome
3. Sutherland
4. Pershon
5. Anderson

What do you think?
[/quote]

Not to bad....  ;)

But I dont see them shuting down Stallworth and Lane

Stallworth for sure cause he put up 15 on HJ last night