Silsbee Tigers vs. Lufkin Hudson

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AggiesAReWe I could really care less about Silsbee atheletics to be honest! I support the kids and coaches but you sound like you haven't missed a game in 40+ years of SHS. C'Mon man! I like high school ball but who watches track??? Track????? Almost like saying you have a state champ in UIL Ready Writing or Math. That was 22 years ago. 1 team medal is 40+ years doesnt prove your point. Next time you go to a track meet count on one hand how many people are there. The only time people care about track is during the Olympics.

[quote name="Boogy1000" post="770787" timestamp="1267742344"]
AggiesAReWe I could really care less about Silsbee atheletics to be honest! I support the kids and coaches but you sound like you haven't missed a game in 40+ years of SHS. C'Mon man! I like high school ball but who watches track??? Track????? Almost like saying you have a state champ in UIL Ready Writing or Math. That was 22 years ago. 1 team medal is 40+ years doesnt prove your point. Next time you go to a track meet count on one hand how many people are there. The only time people care about track is during the Olympics.
[/quote]

Who said I was trying to prove a point? You said that Silsbee had no team state championships and I corrected you.

You keep making posts with inaccuracies and when someone corrects you, you want to start crawfishing or playing it down.

Just stick to what you really know about Silsbee athletics, which is very little.

BTW, at the district track meet held at Silsbee last year, there was about 2,000 folks in the stands. ;)

Also, you should attend the state track meet in Austin, you will see over 10,000 in attendance there. :)

State Track Meet vs Silsbee Track Meet. Texas Relays???? I go to it every year. My wife ran for UT from 2000-02. Yes they do have 1000's of fans, but look how many kids it'srepresenting. On average there are over 50 schools there. I see Silsbee has a strong following here. It just bothers me that this town hasn't won a championship in 22 years in a real sport. No one cares about power lifting either. Powerlifting was huge here from like 1990-97. Have they won any more since then? The past is the past.  Can we get some modern day champions and not mention the ones who now have kids playing high school ball. Silsbee had been behind the 8 ball for years. Never get your hopes too high, they will come crashing down. 1995 SHS Girls lost to Cleburne, 1995 boys Lincoln, 1997 Girls lost in state semifinals, 1998-1999 boys second round, 2008 state semifinals, 1986 state seminfinals etc..... No medals guys! Follow Kountze or Ozen if you want to see how a championship is won!  -10 karma doesnt matter. Win a medal and tell me how it feels.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Boogy1000" post="770811" timestamp="1267743649"]
State Track Meet vs Silsbee Track Meet. Texas Relays???? I go to it every year. My wife ran for UT from 2000-02. Yes they do have 1000's of fans, but look how many kids it'srepresenting. On average there are over 50 schools there. I see Silsbee has a strong following here. It just bothers me that this town hasn't won a championship in 22 years in a real sport. No one cares about power lifting either. Powerlifting was huge here from like 1990-97. Have they won any more since then? The past is the past.  Can we get some modern day champions and not mention the ones who now have kids playing high school ball. Silsbee had been behind the 8 ball for years. Never get your hopes too high, they will come crashing down. 1995 SHS Girls lost to Cleburne, 1995 boys Lincoln, 1997 Girls lost in state semifinals, 1998-1999 boys second round, 2008 state semifinals, 1986 state seminfinals etc..... No medals guys! Follow Kountze or Ozen if you want to see how a championship is won!   -10 karma doesnt matter. Win a medal and tell me how it feels.
[/quote]

Can you slow down long enough to tell me why you are bothered by ANYTHING going on in Silsbee? ???

[quote name="Boogy1000" post="770821" timestamp="1267744609"]
Ok compare track to basketball, football, baseball. Who cares about track??? You? Do ever get outside of Silsbee,TX. Population 200. Get real guys. I guess this your opinion too?
[/quote]

Get outside of Silsbee plenty of times.

BTW, Silsbee's population is a little over 6,000. ;) (boy, these inaccuracies just keep piling up)

No one was comparing track to any of the other sports but you.

Guest ann tagon eyes
[quote name="Boogy1000" post="770811" timestamp="1267743649"]
State Track Meet vs Silsbee Track Meet. Texas Relays???? I go to it every year. My wife ran for UT from 2000-02. Yes they do have 1000's of fans, but look how many kids it'srepresenting. On average there are over 50 schools there. I see Silsbee has a strong following here. It just bothers me that this town hasn't won a championship in 22 years in a real sport. No one cares about power lifting either. Powerlifting was huge here from like 1990-97. Have they won any more since then? The past is the past.  Can we get some modern day champions and not mention the ones who now have kids playing high school ball. Silsbee had been behind the 8 ball for years. Never get your hopes too high, they will come crashing down. 1995 SHS Girls lost to Cleburne, 1995 boys Lincoln, 1997 Girls lost in state semifinals, 1998-1999 boys second round, 2008 state semifinals, 1986 state seminfinals etc..... No medals guys! Follow Kountze or Ozen if you want to see how a championship is won!   -10 karma doesnt matter. Win a medal and tell me how it feels.
[/quote] I dont think you need to have the championship to have a great program.  You just stated in this post how many opportunities Silsbee had which means they most often compete at the highest level.  That is fine about Kountze and Ozen.  However, they gain no notoriety in anything BUT basketball.  Silsbee has produced a number of great football and track teams and sent a number of tennis players to the highest level of competition.  Maybe if you want to truly evaluate a school, it should be done in all sports, at which point, the two you mentioned may not look so great.

SHSTIGER have you ever heard of the internet or even the Silsbee Bee. Been a subscriber for about 15 years. Yes, I still follow the home town and I do travel 35 weeks a year. I'm in town tonight and will be attending the game in Huntsville. I have worked for Chevron for 8 years. I love to come home every once in a while and visit. Oh yea and my next blog will be "Die Hard Tiger Fans"

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have heard of the internet.  ::) I have worked for a local company for 11 years and I travel maybe 3 weeks a year. I have met Olajuwon and my sister used to live next door to Drexler. Anything else people on SETXSports wanna know just ask. So you only went to school here from 90-93 and you consider it your hometown?

Well SHSTiger, lets look at it. My dad was a milatary general and moved from state to state. I went to school in Germnay, Penn., FL, GA, and TX. 4 years was the longest stint we stayed due to all of the family being here. So I guess I have to call somewhere home.

So your dad was not only in the milatary but also a general in said milatary and ya graduated from FSU, but you don't know that it's spelled military? Travel 35 weeks out of the year but you still find time to read the Silsbee Bee weekly? All 200 of us in Silsbee should be so honored that you have decided to keep up so diligently with our kids. ::) ::)

Guest ann tagon eyes
[quote name="no-look" post="771443" timestamp="1267828340"]
Whats all this got to do with Hudson vrs. Silsbee?
[/quote] ;D

If a military general and family moved to Silsbee it would of made the headlines in the Silsbee Bee, and probably the Beaumont Enterprise also.  There is not a military base within a hundred miles of Silsbee.

If you travel all over the place and find time to read the silsbee bee, via the internet, I don't know..You live a boring life.  I didn't pay that much attention to the bee when I lived in Silsbee.  Of course, they didn't have the internet then, but still,  lol.

Well anyways good luck Tigers[quote name="Kountzer" post="771464" timestamp="1267831035"]
If a military general and family moved to Silsbee it would of made the headlines in the Silsbee Bee, and probably the Beaumont Enterprise also.  There is not a military base within a hundred miles of Silsbee.

If you travel all over the place and find time to read the silsbee bee, via the internet, I don't know..You live a boring life.  I didn't pay that much attention to the bee when I lived in Silsbee.  Of course, they didn't have the internet then, but still,  lol.

[/quote]Well anyways good luck Tigers

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder