Silsbee vs HJ referee's?? What a joke!!!!

sleepy

I was able to watch this via kfdm.com tonight and I have never witnessed a group of referees making the game more about themselves than ever tonight.  I could not hear  I do not think it changed the outcome of the game but this was complete embarassment for referees everywhere. My longhorns usually don't compete enough for me to get mad but if I were a tiger or a hawk I would be sick. 

[quote name="sleepy" post="760845" timestamp="1266377660"]
I was able to watch this via kfdm.com tonight and I have never witnessed a group of referees making the game more about themselves than ever tonight.  I could not hear  I do not think it changed the outcome of the game but this was complete embarassment for referees everywhere. My longhorns usually don't compete enough for me to get mad but if I were a tiger or a hawk I would be sick. 
[/quote]Agreed

[quote name="Sloe" post="760853" timestamp="1266377885"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=66152.msg760845#msg760845 date=1266377660]
[/quote]Agreed
[/quote]

I dont agree any time a ref. makes a call it changes the outcome of the game

In all fairness, i thought the refs actually did a decent job.... a travel or a foul could have been called on nearly every single possession.... They called it when an advantage was gained for the most part....

That being said, I hate the use of a 3 man crew.... there were several instances where whistles blew and all 3 officials were signaling a different call.....the 3 man crew disrupts the flow of the game imo....

[quote name="hjhawks" post="760914" timestamp="1266381031"]
In all fairness, i thought the refs actually did a decent job.... a travel or a foul could have been called on nearly every single possession.... They called it when an advantage was gained for the most part....

That being said, I hate the use of a 3 man crew.... there were several instances where whistles blew and all 3 officials were signaling a different call.....the 3 man crew disrupts the flow of the game imo....
[/quote]

I didn't see no offsent calls so they had to be making the same call, and what is the rules on player ref. comunication cause there was alot of that between one player and one ref.

i thought it was fair officiating in the sense that the tons of blown calls went both directions.  they definitely need to take a class on calling charges and blocks, because i don't know if they got a single one of those right all night.  body checks went uncalled, but minimal contact was routinely whistled.  there were several times when a player would travel, and it wouldn't get called, and then he would get to the rim and a weak foul would be called.  two blown calls on one drive...  at the end of the game, the refs missed a clear travel by sutherland on one possession, and he ended up drawing a foul.  the next trip down he was pushed out of bounds, and it wasn't called.  they offset, but it's still poor officiating.  Jacoby also got bailed out by a foul call late in the game when he was trapped in the corner, but the next trip down, Silsbee stepped over the endline when trying to inbound, which should've been a turnover, and it wasn't called.  just tons and tons of bad calls both ways. 

The charges were an issue for me as well. It seemed like none were called all night all blocking fouls. Then in one short stretch 3 charges that were no different than a lot of the blocking fouls. The sad part of the officiating last night is that in a game this close a blown call could end up being the difference. One bad call at the end and the Tigers could have tied or pulled it out. One more on the Tigers could have left them with a deficit too large to overtcome in the last few seconds. That wasn't the case but could have been.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="761292" timestamp="1266435400"]
It was very obvious that this game was just too big a stage for this officiating crew to handle.
[/quote]

The short bald ref is the one from the WOS game the other night............at least he is consistent.............consistently bad!!!!!!!  He shows no favortism............just was plain terrible!!!

I dont know if you could see it on the live feed, but you could sure see it from the bleachers. . .the officials SPRINTED off the floor after the game. I don't even think they game their hand signal for the end of game horn. Just tucked tail and blew their whistle on the way out. The lead guy almost took out one of the cameras on the way out. If that isn't self incriminating I don't know what is. I think they were consistently inconsistent and neither team was getting a definite advantage, but either way it was pretty ugly.

[quote name="UKCats" post="761667" timestamp="1266468528"]
I dont know if you could see it on the live feed, but you could sure see it from the bleachers. . .the officials SPRINTED off the floor after the game. I don't even think they game their hand signal for the end of game horn. Just tucked tail and blew their whistle on the way out. The lead guy almost took out one of the cameras on the way out. If that isn't self incriminating I don't know what is. I think they were consistently inconsistent and neither team was getting a definite advantage, but either way it was pretty ugly.
[/quote]

if they had moved that quickly during the game, they might have been in better position for some of those calls they missed :)

[/quote]When HJ played Kountze, the ref's did the same exact thing.  I don't know if its customary or not, but its funny!

[/quote]

Yes, they left the court in break neck speed. They almost crashed into our camera's and broadcast table. I was trying to get one of them to stop and do an interview after the game, but they went into their locker room and didn't leave until the last car left the parking lot. ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="761676" timestamp="1266468804"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=66152.msg761673#msg761673 date=1266468715]
Is this the chapter of officials used more in the playoffs?
[/quote]

[size=18pt]NO!!!!!!![/size]
[/quote]

[b][size=16pt]GOOD!![/size][/b]

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="761681" timestamp="1266468992"]
[quote author=UKCats link=topic=66152.msg761667#msg761667 date=1266468528]
[/quote]

Yes, they left the court in break neck speed. They almost crashed into our camera's and broadcast table. I was trying to get one of them to stop and do an interview after the game, but they went into their locker room and didn't leave until the last car left the parking lot. ;D
[/quote]

I don't what they could tell you in an interview AAW, they appeared to be watching about 3 different games at the same time  ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="761681" timestamp="1266468992"]
[quote author=UKCats link=topic=66152.msg761667#msg761667 date=1266468528]
[/quote]

[/quote]

they'd get confused and look into the wrong camera.

WOW.....THESE GUYS MUST HAVE HAD AN OFF NIGHT.....In their defense....WATCH the officials in the next game you see....FIRST....all officials at the end of the game tuck their whistle into their shirt...REASON....if an irate fan grabs you by the whistle...he's gotch u.....SECOND.....it is custom to get off the court as quickly as possible....once again to try not to give someone a shot at you....

These guys were not a part of our chapter.....I am sure they gave their very best.....sometimes it is just a tough night....I always say...want to change things pick up a whistle...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124