No Rice Bowl.... HF vs. EC

alice

[quote name="alice" post="755697" timestamp="1265402706"]
I guess it's just too humiliating for HF to consistently lose to EC
[/quote]

EC has won the last three meetings by scores of 20-17, 33-19 and 21-0. During the 2000s EC holds a 4-3 advantage in wins, but trails in point total 144-125. I wouldn't call that humiliating dominance by EC, not by a long shot. Now, in the 90s, HF and EC played twice, with HF winning 63-6 in 1990 and 70-0 in 1991. The series was then stopped due to the uncompetitiveness of the games. In the last 15 games, HF leads 11-4 in wins (that includes EC winning the last three). In the overall series HF leads 22-16 in wins. EC dominated the 60s (7-2), HF dominated the 70s (7-3), 80s (8-2), and 90s (2-0). In the 2000s EC won 4-3 (including the last three).

And to respond to your post, YES, it is always humiliating to lose to EC. It must be global warming. Or Bush's fault.

[quote name="alice" post="756213" timestamp="1265491473"]
I have always been told , if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. I guess HF's coaching staff can't stand the heat of another possible loss to EC. Just shows the direction of many of the HF athletic programs.
[/quote]

So EC can beat HF in two sports. Clap Clap Clap. Congratulations. Why has EC never played HF in volleyball, i guess you could say they "can't stand the heat". Baseball? Tennis? Golf? HF wins all of these. Soccer? Oh wait, EC doesn't have that, they are lucky.  Any other sports? Don't even get me started on academics.

P.S. listen to Englebert, knows what he/she is talking about

Academics, come on EC rates as well anyone , matter of fact EC high school was exemplary and has students playing college sports and attending some of the most prestigous universities in the country. besides that we are on the football forum thats why I am talking about football

[quote name="alice" post="756213" timestamp="1265491473"]
I have always been told , if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. I guess HF's coaching staff can't stand the heat of another possible loss to EC. Just shows the direction of many of the HF athletic programs.
[/quote]

Apparently that's what the EC coaches must have been thinking after the 63-6 and 70-0 blowouts in the early 90s. They didn't decide to play again until nine years later. I have no doubt that HF will correct the ship and get back to their winning ways. So enjoy your newfound success against HF. It's been a long time. And since you are under the presumption that EC has dominated against HF in football, I'm sure you would want me to post the last, say, 15 times EC/HF have played, just to illustrate that heat you're talking about:

Last 15 games between HF and EC:
  1984  HF    25- 6
  1985  HF    18-17
  1986  HF      9- 8
  1987  HF    26- 6
  1988  HF    28-12
  1989  HF    42-14

1990  HF    63- 6
  1991  HF    70- 0

2000  HF    45-12
  2001  EC    25- 2
  2002  HF    28- 7
  2003  HF    33- 7
  2006  EC    20-17
  2007  EC    33-19
  2009  EC    21- 0

Let me know if you want me to post the scores from further back. They don't get any better for EC until you get to the 60s.

[quote name="alice" post="756307" timestamp="1265500538"]
Academics, come on EC rates as well anyone , matter of fact EC high school was exemplary and has students playing college sports and attending some of the most prestigous universities in the country. besides that we are on the football forum thats why I am talking about football
[/quote]

Ok so Tramain Thomas and Vance McDonald are the only two at D-1 colleges.
As far as academics,WHISTLE...... One kid went to Harvard. Thats awesome for him.

For some reason this topic had me reviewing HF's all time series with EC. And how I didn't notice this before is beyond me, but I was a little surprised when I saw that the first time EC and HF did not play since the existence of HF was in 1992. HF was formed in 1961, combining the towns of Hamshire, Fannett, LaBelle and part of Cheek. Before the merger, both Hamshire and Fannett were independent and each played 6Man football. I have very little records for either team before the merger, so I don't know if either team played EC prior to 1961. Regardless, the topic is EC versus HF so prior records wouldn't matter anyway. This topic was started by Alice who was bashing HF for not playing EC this year, and accusing HF of killing an old rivalry. But as the records will prove, the streak was broke in 1992 and continued until 2000. This break was because of EC not being capable of fielding a competitive team (HF won 42-14 in 1989, 63-6 in 1990 and 70-0 in 1991, and all three of these scores are a lot closer than they could have been). I don't know which side chose to end the series. Frankly, it was a smart move for both sides. The competition was so out of hand that it was detrimental for both sides to continue. But I think most people will agree, it had to be George W. Bush's fault for the series' demise. Hopefully we will get the series back on track two years from now.

I think everyone should go back and read the original post, I did not bash HF, I talked about an old rivalry gone. There are numerous threads talking about schedules and the effect the economy, realignment, and coaches have had on what will be the 2010 season and this is why I posted. I know about the past success of HF because i WAS THERE. I am talking about now and how a friendly neighborhood rivalry is gone. Kids from both schools have enjoyed the rivalry, particularly since they have played soccer, baseball, and little dribblers together since they were about 4 yrs old. Many have posted on this football and the basketball forums about the decline in HF athletics programs, and the loss of school support regarding such. Seems to me the loss of rivalry games just adds to this decline in school enthusiasm.

[quote name="Englebert" post="756436" timestamp="1265539732"]
For some reason this topic had me reviewing HF's all time series with EC. And how I didn't notice this before is beyond me, but I was a little surprised when I saw that the first time EC and HF did not play since the existence of HF was in 1992. HF was formed in 1961, combining the towns of Hamshire, Fannett, LaBelle and part of Cheek. Before the merger, both Hamshire and Fannett were independent and each played 6Man football. I have very little records for either team before the merger, so I don't know if either team played EC prior to 1961. Regardless, the topic is EC versus HF so prior records wouldn't matter anyway. This topic was started by Alice who was bashing HF for not playing EC this year, and accusing HF of killing an old rivalry. But as the records will prove, the streak was broke in 1992 and continued until 2000. This break was because of EC not being capable of fielding a competitive team (HF won 42-14 in 1989, 63-6 in 1990 and 70-0 in 1991, and all three of these scores are a lot closer than they could have been). I don't know which side chose to end the series. Frankly, it was a smart move for both sides. The competition was so out of hand that it was detrimental for both sides to continue. But I think most people will agree, [b]it had to be George W. Bush's fault for the series' demise. Hopefully we will get the series back on track two years from now[/b].
[/quote]

Don't worry, Obama will make it all better!!!  If not, give Oprah a call.

[quote name="alice" post="755655" timestamp="1265396423"]
Can you believe HF will not play EC in football anymore. Seems HF made the decision during football season, before realignment even came into play. Another old rivalry gone.
[/quote]

How do you know it was HF that decided not to play EC?  Ever think it might be just conflict of dates or ...........maybe EC doen't want to play HF?

Can you supply the evidence (and not just hear say) that HF is the reason the game is not going to be played.

Side Note: I hate that it will not be played.........I believe it is good for both communities

I was told by one of the EC coaches and a school board member. Evidently HF made the decision during the season. Don't know why . Like you I will miss not having the game  {win or lose}. It was always a chance to visit and agitate friends from across the county line and kind of seemed like a warm up for the rice festival. It was usually one of the larger crowds of the season probably for both schools.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23