Sabine Pass vs. Evadale

Guest Dwight

JMO but Evadale is hurting by not having a true point guard so that being said I think if they try to run with the sharks the trunovers will cost them the game. But if they slow down and play a 1/2 court game and use their size adv. they should pull this one out. But will be a close game and won in the 4 or 5 qr ;)

Well im gonna take us back to tuesday. The only reason y Evadale beat WH as bad as they did was because there 3 best players were in foul trouble.. and 2 of them fouled out.. But against Sabine Pass 2 of those 3 players were in foul trouble again but the coach still played them.. and SP beat WH by like 16 points... So im gonna go with the Sharks by 12 on this one

It was a good game.  Congrats Coach Wilkins and the Rebels.  I think SP, as a whole, is more talented; however, SP was outcoached and outplayed tonight.  The rebels, clearly, played as a team.  Coach Wilkins continued rotating his players throughout the game to keep their legs fresh for the press.  If you are going to press, you need fresh legs.  And that was what Coach Wilkins did.  I did not see SP play as a team.  No. 25 and No. 30 seemed like one team, and the rest of other players was like another team without any kind of chemistry.  It seems like there were two SP teams against a "holistic" team from Evadale.  Another point about SP is that when they were up by 12 in the first quarter, the players should have been rotated in and out to keep their legs fresh if the plan were to press the whole game.  I was impressed with HC Wilkins.  Even when they were down by 12 in the middle of the first quarter, he did not seem to panic, which is a good trait to have because that is what leadership is all about.  SP started out fast but could not maintain its intensity because they did not have fresh legs.  As previously projected, Spurger, Evadale and SP will finish first, second and third in their district, respectively.  Coach Issac and Wilkins in my opinion are likely to coach elsewhere soon.   

[quote name="Sloe" post="748282" timestamp="1264217172"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=65017.msg747211#msg747211 date=1264048238]
Evadale wins this one at home by 6.
[/quote]You called this too the tee.
[/quote]I'm starting to think I spend too much time handicapping these games  ;D ;D

I didn't get to make this one recruiter but your game summary is exactly what I saw out of the sharks in Spurger last week.They don't play team basketball and they don't have the individual talent to win by not playing together.That's a shame because as a group they could be pretty good.

[quote name="whsalum" post="748344" timestamp="1264221976"]
[quote author=Sloe link=topic=65017.msg748282#msg748282 date=1264217172]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=65017.msg747211#msg747211 date=1264048238]
Evadale wins this one at home by 6.
[/quote]You called this too the tee.
[/quote]I'm starting to think I spend too much time handicapping these games  ;D ;D
[/quote] ;D ;D

Congrats Rebels!

Continue to play as a team and who knows what will happen.

Sorry I misssed the game, had a higher calling tonight that I had to attend to. Over 400 people accepting Christ at the Hot Hearts conference at Ford Park was even better than the Rebel victory.

By the way the Rebels won all four junior high games against SP on Thursday and the three high school games tonight, great job to ALL the Rebels! 

Guest THE SCOUTER
Coaching and gameplan was fine for both teams. Just to many turnovers for the Sharks. Congratulations rebels, #21 was just to much and when they doubled him, #3 knocked the three ball down. He has become a very good shooter. #21 is very physical, I think the game against Spurger should be a good one. Coach Wilkins is doing a fine job over in Evadale.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont