Who is the best player ever from this area?

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="BH85" post="746326" timestamp="1263934500"]
LaQuan Stallworth I think was the girl from Silsbee.  Would Theresa Witherspoon be considered from this area?  If so, she would be on top of the short list.
[/quote]

The Witherspoon girl is who I was thinking about. Wasn't she from Silsbee?

LaQuan Stallworth was one of the very best to come out of Silsbee. She played for La Tech, started her last three years. She was awesome.

BUT, the best to come out of Silsbee and in my mind the best to come out of this area was Brandi McCain. She was a 3 time 1st team all stater, high school all american her senior year, played and started all four years for Silsbee. She went on to star for the University of Florida, started all 4 years and was a collegiate All American her senior year along with being a first team all SEC 2 years.

Brandi was drafted by the WNBA's New Jersey team and played 5 years.

Theresa Witherspoon was a great one too. I just not sure that West Sabine would be included in our area.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="746357" timestamp="1263938549"]
LaQuan Stallworth was one of the very best to come out of Silsbee. She played for La Tech, started her last three years. She was awesome.

BUT, the best to come out of Silsbee and in my mind the best to come out of this area was Brandi McCain. She was a 3 time 1st team all stater, high school all american her senior year, played and started all four years for Silsbee. She went on to star for the University of Florida, started all 4 years and was a collegiate All American her senior year along with being a first team all SEC 2 years.

Brandi was drafted by the WNBA's New Jersey team and played 5 years.

Theresa Witherspoon was a great one too. I just not sure that West Sabine would be included in our area.
[/quote]

Good choice, and it really does not matter if she came from silsbee, right? West sabine should not be included Barbers Hill nor Goodrich. Forgot about Brandi, never seen her play but I agree with your choice.

Brandi McCain was probably the best to ever play from this area.Carol Sims was the best I ever saw personally(and I saw her alot).Most people don't know it but she averaged over 30 points a game in a 4 year high school career and is the second leading scorer all time at Lamar.If they would have had a 3pt line back in those days no one would have ever came close.She could pull up and shoot the 20 foot jumper as pretty as anyone,guy or girl, I've ever seen.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="whsalum" post="746420" timestamp="1263949123"]
Brandi McCain was probably the best to ever play from this area.Carol Sims was the best I ever saw personally(and I saw her alot).Most people don't know it but she averaged over 30 points a game in a 4 year high school career and is the second leading scorer all time at Lamar.If they would have had a 3pt line back in those days no one would have ever came close.She could pull up and shoot the 20 foot jumper as pretty as anyone,guy or girl, I've ever seen.
[/quote]

I only know her as a coach and she was awesome. Not only as a coach but as a person. I wish I could have seen her play.

Well,,, You may say that Pineland West Sabine is not included in this area...It is up north so i will take that.. That sounds like something coming from the Homers of Silsbee, HJ and Kountz!!!  Will you include us next year when realignment moves us back south with HD, Colmesneil, in our old district? ;D
Teresa Weatherspoon should still be in the running for the best player category. Her accomplishments speak for themselves. How many of you watched the Olympics and were proud of the East Texas Girl.. I know i was and i didn't even live in Pineland yet... She is currently Head Coach for the La. Lady Techsters and Supports the West Sabine Tigers Programs when she gets back to town.

With that said i think that all of the canidates talked about are fine atheletes from this expanded East Texas Area..
BucketSitr

Pennee Hall -

Pennee Hall led her team to back-to-back state titles in 1982-83; was named All State Tournament for two years; was named all-state in 1982 & 1983; and [glow=red,2,300]scored 3, 587 points in her H.S. career[/glow].  1st Team All-state junior and senior year.  Houston area Player of the Year.  She was named a Converse H.S. All-American and [glow=red,2,300]later played at LaTech and UT where she played on three final four teams and the 1986 national champions[/glow].  She won a state title as a coach at Barbers Hill in 1997 and was inducted into the TX H.S. Basketball Hall of Fame in 2007.  She presently is the girls coach at Livingston.

She also had 875 assists in HS...

I had the honor of playing with Travesa Gant. Travesa was an extremely talented athlete.  I remember hearing about Pennee Hall when I was in High School.  She was the talk back in the day.  However, if Teresa Weatherspoon is eligible for this list then she gets my vote.  I played against Teresa my freshman year at Lamar.  I had the challenge of "trying" to guard her when I was in the game.  She was incredible and one of if not the best point guard I've ever seen.

the best girl I have ever seen did not even play her SR year. I think she quit in the middle of her          Jr. year. [b]Christina Bowsha [/b](spelling?) from HJ in 91, 92, 93?  She got in a disagreement with the girls coach/AD at the time and quit.  She made all state her fres and soph year.  I can still remember Pat Summitt writing her evey week telling her how they did and were tenn was going next.  She would get letters every tues, a stack of them, durring alg. class........Man she was fun to watch play...She has a kid now that is really athletic.... can't remember his name but is a 8th grader this year..... You will hear is name in the next year or two...

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="MMS Panther Fan" post="749906" timestamp="1264540297"]
I for the life of me can't remember where Penny Hall went to high school!! Help!!???!!!!
[/quote]

Barbers Hill.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83