Un-Signed talent in SETX

[quote name="Kingfan2010" post="791425" timestamp="1271474365"]
The one who has signed is Eloy Barela, with 100% scholarship to William Baptist College in Arkansas.

Andrew Cole, Aaron Jones, John Ross and Trevor "t-ro" Robertson have not signed with anyone.
[/quote]

Is that NAIA?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="T-daddy" post="792893" timestamp="1271866298"]
[quote author=dog4life87 link=topic=64854.msg779461#msg779461 date=1269057082]
who are the unsigned kids in jasper
[/quote]

no one unsigned in jasper 5 seniors all but sowell know where they are going and sowell has several options..
[/quote]

Good news

If anyone is looking to extend their baseball career, look into Lubbock Christian University. They compete in NAIA Division I, Sooner Athletic Conference, arguably the toughest NAIA Conference in the Nation. LCU is currently #7 in the nation and has 2 World Series Championships, 1983 and 2009. If you would like more information about the school or the team, please PM or email me. Feel free to check out the LCU Baseball homepage.
http://www.lcuchaps.com/baseball.html

[quote name="lubbockdawg" post="793018" timestamp="1271878885"]
If anyone is looking to extend their baseball career, look into Lubbock Christian University. They compete in NAIA Division I, Sooner Athletic Conference, arguably the toughest NAIA Conference in the Nation. LCU is currently #7 in the nation and has 2 World Series Championships, 1983 and 2009. If you would like more information about the school or the team, please PM or email me. Feel free to check out the LCU Baseball homepage.
[/quote]

Just to give a little more info on this school, this is a TOP tier talent university. The roster usually has several D1 transfers, and athletes who should be playing at the D1 level but lack academic requirements. This would be a great university to attend.

[quote name="baseballdream" post="756322" timestamp="1265502552"]
I think Barbers Hill has a few srs. worth looking at
         1.  Tyler Layday 1st base Good Glove/Bat
         2.   Daniel Mitchell Pitcher/3rd base  Good pitcher
         3.   Blaine Mcdonald Pitcher /3rd Base  Good pitcher/strong arm
         4.   Brian Meyer  1st base Good Glove/ Good Bat
         5.   Michael Bound Good Pitcher/ Short Stop when Healthy.

Don't know averages or stats just know they are talented Kids.

I don't think any of these have signed but could be a help to some team.
[/quote]

Tyler has a chance to sign
The rest might try to walk on some where.
Bounds has only played a handful of games in 3 years. Could not figure out that basketball was not his sport (to bad)

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Jeff Stringer" post="776134" timestamp="1268425104"]
[quote author=mres link=topic=64854.msg751023#msg751023 date=1264704452]
Logan Johnson
pitcher
6'5 180
1st team all state 3a
all setx,all district

[/quote]

Someone with some true knowledge want to give me some info on this kid. Like velo, and any offers he may have. Please be serious with responses too. PM me if anyone has something. Thanks
[/quote]

The Last i heard about Logan Johnson which came straight from his mouth to me is he is going to a JC .. just hasnt selected which one .. he only named a few to me .. Wharton JC and i few others i havent really heard of .. thats what he told me personally yesterday

Guest GCMPats
Cody Laird not being signed yet is a joke. I know Coach Rupp was on the phone as soon as our game was over last night letting his contacts know about him.

Very impressive. He'll be a great addition to some college pitching staff.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="799563" timestamp="1273348636"]
Cody Laird not being signed yet is a joke. I know Coach Rupp was on the phone as soon as our game was over last night letting his contacts know about him.

Very impressive. He'll be a great addition to some college pitching staff.
[/quote]

He has been talking to multiple schools.  No need to rush his signing, he will definately be pitching somewhere next year.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="lubbockdawg" post="793018" timestamp="1271878885"]
[/quote]

LCU advanced to the NAIA World Series again. If anyone is still looking for a place to play and go to school, PM me and I'll tell you what to expect.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="T-daddy" post="792893" timestamp="1271866298"]
[quote author=dog4life87 link=topic=64854.msg779461#msg779461 date=1269057082]
who are the unsigned kids in jasper
[/quote]

no one unsigned in jasper 5 seniors all but sowell know where they are going and sowell has several options..
[/quote]

So where are they all going so we can keep up with them?

• 1 month later...
[quote name="Uncle Rico" post="790950" timestamp="1271423579"]
[quote author=scrappy10 link=topic=64854.msg783333#msg783333 date=1269800710]
Brock Lavergne and [b]Justin Hallmark [/b] from EC. both very good player.  should play on the next level for sure. even if it is at a JC
[/quote]

I'm glad somebody knows what they're talking about. Hallmark is a very good player who needs to get signed quickly. It infuriates me that nobody has signed him yet. I guess scouts think that just because you are from a 2A in the boondocks, you can't play. They would rather sign some rich kid from Brenham than a true ball player like hallmark.
[/quote]

This is one of the most rediculous baseball statements I have heard!  Why in the world would a scout (like myself) rather sign a "rich kid" instead of a "boondocks" kid that can actually play.  Rich kids are harder to sign!  It is our job to find talent, no matter where it comes from, and an unknown kid that can play would only solidify my ability at finding talent.  Please have a clue what you are talking about before you make statements like this.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="TXScout" post="819144" timestamp="1279597230"]
[quote author=Uncle Rico link=topic=64854.msg790950#msg790950 date=1271423579]
Brock Lavergne and [b]Justin Hallmark [/b] from EC. both very good player.  should play on the next level for sure. even if it is at a JC
[/quote]

I'm glad somebody knows what they're talking about. Hallmark is a very good player who needs to get signed quickly. It infuriates me that nobody has signed him yet. I guess scouts think that just because you are from a 2A in the boondocks, you can't play. They would rather sign some rich kid from Brenham than a true ball player like hallmark.
[/quote]

This is one of the most rediculous baseball statements I have heard!  Why in the world would a scout (like myself) rather sign a "rich kid" instead of a "boondocks" kid that can actually play.  Rich kids are harder to sign!  It is our job to find talent, no matter where it comes from, and an unknown kid that can play would only solidify my ability at finding talent.  Please have a clue what you are talking about before you make statements like this.
[/quote]

Where does Hallmark play in the Summer? That's where and when a 2A kid with talent will get noticed. Most of the scouts I know want to see as many prospects at one time as they possibly can. THAT is where these Summer tournaments play a huge part of the recruiting process.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="819197" timestamp="1279636652"]
[quote author=TXScout link=topic=64854.msg819144#msg819144 date=1279597230]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Where does Hallmark play in the Summer? That's where and when a 2A kid with talent will get noticed. Most of the scouts I know want to see as many prospects at one time as they possibly can. THAT is where these Summer tournaments play a huge part of the recruiting process.
[/quote]

That does seem to be the case but not all kids are fortunate enough to play on teams like the Sundevils or other teams like that.  There are alot of very talented kids in this area and they seem to be getting the short end of the stick when it comes to getting to play at the next level.  It's sad to say that money is the driving force becuase most of these teams require alot of money and lots of people aren't that fortunate.  My son won't play at the next level, he has tried out several times to no avail so come august he will hang the glove up and go to school and he is talented enough, he has been mentioned on here several times but isn't on a team that gets the exposure some do so his dream of playing in college are very very remote and I can relate to alot of parents that are in the same situation. 

[quote name="BCcardbacker" post="819889" timestamp="1279844963"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=64854.msg819197#msg819197 date=1279636652]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That does seem to be the case but not all kids are fortunate enough to play on teams like the Sundevils or other teams like that.  There are alot of very talented kids in this area and they seem to be getting the short end of the stick when it comes to getting to play at the next level.  It's sad to say that money is the driving force becuase most of these teams require alot of money and lots of people aren't that fortunate.  My son won't play at the next level, he has tried out several times to no avail so come august he will hang the glove up and go to school and he is talented enough, he has been mentioned on here several times but isn't on a team that gets the exposure some do so his dream of playing in college are very very remote and I can relate to alot of parents that are in the same situation. 
[/quote]

If the UIL or Texas high school coaches (whoever is responsible for scheduling) would change the standard high school game schedule from Tuesday/Friday, it would could help kids like yours.  Most college teams have games on Tuesday and Friday nights making it nearly impossible for college coaches to see Texas kids playing high school ball.  It's really a bad system.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="welovebaseball" post="820960" timestamp="1280243530"]
[quote author=BCcardbacker link=topic=64854.msg819889#msg819889 date=1279844963]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=64854.msg819197#msg819197 date=1279636652]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If the UIL or Texas high school coaches (whoever is responsible for scheduling) would change the standard high school game schedule from Tuesday/Friday, it would could help kids like yours.  Most college teams have games on Tuesday and Friday nights making it nearly impossible for college coaches to see Texas kids playing high school ball.  It's really a bad system.
[/quote]I totally agree with you, the system is bad and alot of good talent gets overlooked. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Jacob Pitts  Nederland
P/1B/OF/DH
Bats Left Throws Left
Height: 6'3"  Weight:  180 lbs.

2010 20-4A 1st Team All District DH;  2010 Academic All District; 3 year letterman.

Profile on Perfect Game:  http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=222630

SFA Evaluation in October:  http://sfajacks.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/sasu/sports/m-basebl/auto_pdf/HSEvaluationCamp

Currently playing Varsity Basketball for Nederland.

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="934973" timestamp="1292621388"]
Jacob Pitts  Nederland
P/1B/OF/DH
Bats Left Throws Left
Height: 6'3"  Weight:  180 lbs.

2010 20-4A 1st Team All District DH;  2010 Academic All District; 3 year letterman.

Profile on Perfect Game:  http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=222630

SFA Evaluation in October:  http://sfajacks.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/sasu/sports/m-basebl/auto_pdf/HSEvaluationCamp

Currently playing Varsity Basketball for Nederland.

[/quote]

Is he going to be there on Monday? That is the place to be right now to get seen. He'll have every chance to get seen, I know it's during basketball season but it sure would be worth it. Coach Fackler and his guys have a good thing working over there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin