LU football season tickets on sale Jan. 23

Guest coachacola

Guest coachacola
From the Beaumont Enterprise:

Lamar University football season tickets will go on sale Jan. 23, the school announced today.

The school will offer four tiers of pricing based on seat location. Tickets purchased within the two highest-priced tiers will require a minimum $125 donation to the Cardinal Club, LU's athletics booster club.

Season ticket package prices range from $60 to $400 per seat. Tickets can be purchased on the first day of sale in person only from 7 a.m. to noon Jan. 23 at the Montagne Center ticket office. Telephone and online orders will begin Jan. 25.

Seat groupings are coded by four colors: gold, red, green and white and will cost $400, $225, $100 and $60. The two higher-priced tickets have Cardinal Club donations of $250 and $125 included in the price.

Parking spaces can be reserved for $50, $75 or $100, depending on location. A group of four spaces can also be reserved for $500.

Tickets are for home games only. LU will play six home games this season, its first since 1989. Home games are Sept. 11 against Webber International, Oct. 2 vs. Sam Houston State, Oct. 9 against Langston University, Oct. 16 against South Alabama, Nov. 13 against South Dakota and Nov. 20 against Panhandle State.

Gold seats are located roughly between the 25-yard lines on the press box side and are $400 per seat, a price that includes a $250 Cardinal Club donation.

Red seats are roughly between the 25- and 15-yard lines on the press box side and in upper section between the 40s on the other side and are $225 per seat, a price that includes a $125 Cardinal Club donation.

Green seats are on the press box side between the back of the end zone and about the 15-yard line and in upper sections on the other side and cost $100 per seat.

White seats are mostly on the ends of each side of the bleachers and cost $60 per ticket.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/local/lu_football_season_tickets_on_sale_jan__23.html

BEAUMONT - Season tickets for the 2010 Lamar University football season will go on sale to the general public on Saturday, Jan. 23.

"This is another major step in our endeavor to return an exciting brand of football to Southeast Texas," said university president Dr. James Simmons in encouraging fans to come to the Montagne Center that day to join in on the fun and make their season ticket purchases. "For the very best seats available, we encourage fans to make their selections as early as possible.

"We have four different pricing options for our six home games this fall, and my dream is to see Provost Umphrey Stadium packed and rocking for our season opener against Webber International on Sept. 11, as well as for the rest of our home games."

For this first day of sales, tickets will be available for purchase in person only, and the Montagne Center ticket office will be open from 7 a.m. until noon. Telephone orders and online orders to www.lamarcardinals.com will begin Monday, Jan. 25. The ticket office's regular hours are 8 a.m. until noon and 1 p.m. until 5 p.m., Mondays through Fridays.

Fans will be able to select their seats as they purchase them, and they will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Friends who wish to sit together should arrive together to purchase their tickets or send checks and forms with one designee to select seats for the group.

The first 100 fans to purchase season tickets will receive officially licensed, replica mini-football helmets autographed by Cardinal head coach Ray Woodard as special gifts. Attendees also will be able to register to win other prizes, including official Lamar football sideline apparel and VIP experiences during this first season of Cardinal football since 1989.

Fans can purchase season tickets in four different price and seating location categories. Two premium seating options are available and require a three-year commitment with pricing at $225 and $400 per seat, per season. Premium seating tickets include a donation to the Cardinal Club that is partially tax deductible.

Additionally, two very affordable options of $60 or $100 per seat for the six-game package are available without a donation to the Cardinal Club.

Season priority parking and tailgating privileges will also be for sale in four price and location categories.

To view all of Lamar's ticket policies and frequently-asked questions with their answers, visit the Lamar athletic web site at www.lamarcardinals.com.

For further ticket information or questions, call the Montagne Center ticket office at (409) 880-1715 or Lamar associate athletics director Jason Henderson at (409) 880-8303.

The Cardinals' other home games during the 2010 season will be against Sam Houston State on Oct. 2, against Langston University on Oct. 9, against South Alabama on Oct. 16, against South Dakota on Nov. 13 and vs. Panhandle State on Nov. 20.

Early birds attending the Jan. 23, opening day of season ticket sales will be treated to breakfast served by Big Rich Courville of Courville's Catering, beginning at 6:30 a.m.

Guest coachacola
[quote name="smith" post="740089" timestamp="1262904328"]
You know, it looks like there is a "place holder" in the South End Zone - S101 and S102.  Not sure what may end up there.
http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/lama/graphics/lama-10-footbl-tix-schart-698.jpg
[/quote]

That's an interesting seating chart because the current stands stop at the goal lines and that seating chart has the stands extending past the end of the end zones.  It looks like they are expanding the seating capacity of the stadium if that seating chart is correct.

[quote name="smith" post="740089" timestamp="1262904328"]
You know, it looks like there is a "place holder" in the South End Zone - S101 and S102.  Not sure what may end up there.
[/quote]

from the color code it looks like S101 and S102 may be ADA seating areas.

Guest coachacola
Website with all the details about pricing, parking, etc.:

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/tickets/footbl-s-tickets.html

Under the FAQ page it says the stadium will have approximately 15,300 seats.

[quote name="coachacola" post="740092" timestamp="1262904837"]
[quote author=smith link=topic=64483.msg740089#msg740089 date=1262904328]
[/quote]

That's an interesting seating chart because the current stands stop at the goal lines and that seating chart has the stands extending past the end of the end zones.   It looks like they are expanding the seating capacity of the stadium if that seating chart is correct.
[/quote]

I see what you are saying.  Maybe they are adding permanent seating.  This could push the capacity to 20K.  The s101 and 102 is going to be burm seating on the grass.  But they can bowl that and probably add 8-10k in seating and push it to 28-30k.  If they come around with a very low bowl seating in the north end zone, they maybe they get another 2k.  They could also alway go up higher with the two side sections and probably add another 10k + and maybe wind up with a 40k stadium in the end.  That could one day get some really decent big name home opponents.  Just dreaming.

Good to finally see something in print about the stadium even if it is an elementary drawing.  I was dreaming more and if they did all the things in my previous post, they could add some serious luxury boxes on the south endzone above the bowl seating and maybe some more on the east side above where they extended the seating higher up and then put in a really nice press box on the west side.  Real cozy stadium at 40k+ that could bring in CUSA, WAC, and second tier BCS conference schools.

[quote name="coachacola" post="740073" timestamp="1262902075"]
No mention of club seats or suites.  Are they not part of the renovations?
[/quote]

There will be 6 suites I hear, not exactly sure where they are located.

[quote name="mffl" post="741274" timestamp="1263058423"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=64483.msg740073#msg740073 date=1262902075]
[/quote]

[/quote]

SETXsports gets one of them!!!! ;D

Guest coachacola
[quote name="mffl" post="741274" timestamp="1263058423"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Looking at the seating chart, the pressbox will stretch between the 15 yard lines instead of the 30 yard lines today.  The suites will probably go there.  Other changes I noticed is the chair back seats will be between the 25 yard lines instead of the 35 yard lines.  It also looks like the exit ramps will be moved from the 25 and 10 yard lines to the 15 and the back of the end zones, respectively.

What's interesting is that it looks like they are expanding the stands but reducing capacity by a few thousand.  That make me believe they are spending the money to make the stadium a first class facility instead of just shoving more seats in.  As Dr. Simmons has said, the stadium is being designed to be easily expandable to 36K.

Hopefully upgrading the parking lot by the Montagne Center will be included in this to make it more tailgating friendly.  Maybe they'll add landscaping by the tracks.

[quote name="coachacola" post="741346" timestamp="1263068916"]
[quote author=mffl link=topic=64483.msg741274#msg741274 date=1263058423]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Looking at the seating chart, the pressbox will stretch between the 15 yard lines instead of the 30 yard lines today.  The suites will probably go there.  Other changes I noticed is the chair back seats will be between the 25 yard lines instead of the 35 yard lines.  It also looks like the exit ramps will be moved from the 25 and 10 yard lines to the 15 and the back of the end zones, respectively.

What's interesting is that it looks like they are expanding the stands but reducing capacity by a few thousand.  That make me believe they are spending the money to make the stadium a first class facility instead of just shoving more seats in.  As Dr. Simmons has said, the stadium is being designed to be easily expandable to 36K.

Hopefully upgrading the parking lot by the Montagne Center will be included in this to make it more tailgating friendly.  Maybe they'll add landscaping by the tracks.
[/quote]

I dont see how they are reducing the capacity if they are adding on to all 4 sides unless they expand the chairbacks section and that reduces it a great deal.

Guest coachacola
I guess between adding more chairbacks, making the walkways wider and other changes to make the stadium ADA compliant, enlarging the pressbox, etc., the capacity will decrease a little.  I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, because the stadium will be larger and a lot nicer than before.  Add a large video scoreboard that some have said will be installed, along with the new athletic complex, the place should look impressive.

Better than those Cowboys across the border.  ;) lol
But in all honesty, a completely refaced stadium, nice pressbox, brand new turf, brand new big athletic complex facing the stadium, big video board, and maybe even a facelift the Montagne? They should have no problem keeping some players at home. Even more importantly, they should have no problem drawing fans. But, like I've said before.. Fans have to realize that losses will occur, and they have to stick that out and continue to show as the team grows.

Here's an idea of what our's should look like. From the drawings and what we've heard, should be identical to McNeese's.. Minus the amazing pressbox.
http://www.mcneesesports.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?db_oem_id=22000&palbid=21082

Guest coachacola
After reading the FAQ section again, it says there will be about 15,300 seats available to purchase.  That's not total capacity because there's also the student and band seating that's not included.  I think that's another 3000 or so seats.  If there's berm seating in the south end zone, then you can probably and a few thousand more to total capacity.  I bet 20K+ is a realistic figure for SRO capacity.

I doubt we'll see a multi-level press box like McNeese or Texas State has.  For future expansion, they'll need to add upper decks, and a tall press box  would prevent that.  With the press box they have now an upper deck could go right above it.  Two relatively small upper decks holding 5K each would expand capacity to about 30K plus permanent seats in the end zones would push capacity to 35K+.

Guest coachacola
If there's a little over 15K season tickets available, LU could generate over $2.5 million a year based on their seating chart.  I'm just guessing here, but let's say:

3000 gold seats @ $400 each = $1.2 million
3000 red seats @ $250 each = $750K
6000 green seats @ $100 each = $600K
3000 white seats @ $60 = $180K

That's close $2.75 million, but I seriously doubt they'll sell out year after year.  But if there's enough core group of gold and red buyers every year then we're looking at probably at least $1 million a year in ticket sales a year, even during any lean years.  With the athletic fee adding another $2 million a year, along with concessions, merchandise sales, parking, game guarantees, Lamar's athletic budget should jump from $8 million last year to over $12 million next year.

And the athletic budget increase will then allow better facilities for all, which in turn brings in better recruits, which in turn brings in more wins, which in turn keeps the fans present. Which means one thing, people HAVE to attend games for the first 3-4 years regardless or results if they expect this thing to work.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn