#2 Texas vs. Arkansas (Horns Win!)

[quote name="bullets13" post="738978" timestamp="1262739151"]
Tied 48-48 at the half, and a heck of a ballgame going on!  Arkansas is only 7-7 this year, but they got a guard back tonight (Fortson) who's a really good player, and i think their record would be better if he'd been playing so far this season.
[/quote]

i'll quote my thread and delete it.  you posted yours right before i did mine :)

Quality win on the road for the Horns..Arkansas,w/Fortson is a top 25-30 team, IMO.  
GOOOOOOOOOOOD Lord....what a  great time to be a LONGHORN !
Football #2 in the NC
Basketball #2...#1 in my poll.
Baseball pre-season #1.
Bring on the haters...
HOOOOOOOOOK EM HORNS !  ;D

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="739472" timestamp="1262809151"]
Texas:
D. Pittman     21 pts. 10 reb.
D. James       20 pts.  9 reb.
G. Johnson     16 pts.  7 reb.
A. Bradley      12 pts.  5 ast.

Arkansas:
R. Clarke        24 pts.
Fortson          19 pts.  7 ast.
M. Powell        18 pts.   6 reb.
Thanks foreveradog Pittman with that double-double james almost got one as well

[/quote]

Anyone else notice that J. Brown came in made a TO late in the second half, got pulled immediately and sat on the bench pouting the rest of the game. While his teammates were jumping up and down on the bench cheering on the late surge by UT, J'covin sat back in his chair and rolled his eyes. He was the only one not cheering. And after the game when they all went out to congratulate the teammates on the court, JB stayed on the bench sulking until someone told him to get up and shake Arkansas hands.

Could this be the begining of the end for JB? I thought he may have out grown this, but???
Before anyone rips on me for being a JB hater, I want to make it clear I wish the kid would straighten up because he has NBA talent and I enjoy watching him on the court. I just hope he doesn't get into Rick Barnes' doghouse, because Texas has enough talent on the bench that he could get burried if he does and miss out on PT on a legitimate National Title team.

[quote name="badndn" post="740062" timestamp="1262899977"]
Anyone else notice that J. Brown came in made a TO late in the second half, got pulled immediately and sat on the bench pouting the rest of the game. While his teammates were jumping up and down on the bench cheering on the late surge by UT, J'covin sat back in his chair and rolled his eyes. He was the only one not cheering. And after the game when they all went out to congratulate the teammates on the court, JB stayed on the bench sulking until someone told him to get up and shake Arkansas hands.

Could this be the begining of the end for JB? I thought he may have out grown this, but???
Before anyone rips on me for being a JB hater, I want to make it clear I wish the kid would straighten up because he has NBA talent and I enjoy watching him on the court. I just hope he doesn't get into Rick Barnes' doghouse, because Texas has enough talent on the bench that he could get burried if he does and miss out on PT on a legitimate National Title team.
[/quote]Hamilton did the same thing during the second half of the game. no biggie, he'll get over it.

What makes you think he'll get over it? His track record says he won't.

I saw Hamilton high fiving the guys on the court at the end of the game. We all poited a bit when we screwed up and got pulled, but he hung on to it and acted like a jerk 20 minutes later!

I know Hamilton did it a few games back when he got pulled for bad shooting, but Hamilton still doesn't have the track record of JBROWN.  Hopefully he wakes up because Barnes will show him that he doesn't need him.  I hope it was more about him being down on himself and his performance instead of an attitude with the coach. 

I am looking forward to Rick Barnes' training staff changing his body and adding some expolosiveness to his game.  If he keeps his head on, that staff will make him into a new player by season start of next year!

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="740595" timestamp="1262962392"]
I know Hamilton did it a few games back when he got pulled for bad shooting, but Hamilton still doesn't have the track record of JBROWN.  Hopefully he wakes up because Barnes will show him that he doesn't need him.  I hope it was more about him being down on himself and his performance instead of an attitude with the coach. 

I am looking forward to Rick Barnes' training staff changing his body and adding some expolosiveness to his game.  If he keeps his head on, that staff will make him into a new player by season start of next year!
[/quote]
I agree...The sky is the llimit for JB if he wants it and doesn't rub the staff at UT the wrong way. He has one of the best natural court pressence on offense that I have ever seen outta HS.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder