East Chambers tourney scores

[quote name="CATMAN" post="739638" timestamp="1262834043"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=64197.msg738996#msg738996 date=1262740932]
I will admit that NW is better than HJ as soon as you admit that HJ is better than Kountze!!!!
[/quote] Lazeek you are right.
[/quote]

I was only baiting Swag..........I DO NOT think that NW is better than HJ........period!! 

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="739645" timestamp="1262834397"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=64197.msg739638#msg739638 date=1262834043]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=64197.msg738996#msg738996 date=1262740932]
I will admit that NW is better than HJ as soon as you admit that HJ is better than Kountze!!!!
[/quote] Lazeek you are right.
[/quote]

I was only baiting Swag..........I DO NOT think that NW is better than HJ........period!! 
[/quote]

Hold on now. He cant say KTZ is better than HJ but you can say HJ is better than NW? I dont care either way (I will say that NW imo is better than HJ 7 days a week) but kinda unfair there lol

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="739893" timestamp="1262887221"]
:D :D :D  Both teams were without important players...........I would like to see them at full strength.  NW is good.....I think that Kounte is better and HJ beat Kountze twice..........so take it how you want to take it!!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

I think Ktz will beat NW because they have the same style but KTZ is better at it this year. I think HJ beat KTZ because of coaching. NW beat HJ because HJ didn't make them change their style enough like they did KTZ. Would HJ beat KTZ without Ricossa?

Guest stevenash
[quote name="Bucof2010" post="739955" timestamp="1262892534"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=64197.msg739893#msg739893 date=1262887221]
:D :D :D  Both teams were without important players...........I would like to see them at full strength.  NW is good.....I think that Kounte is better and HJ beat Kountze twice..........so take it how you want to take it!!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

I think Ktz will beat NW because they have the same style but KTZ is better at it this year. I think HJ beat KTZ because of coaching. NW beat HJ because HJ didn't make them change their style enough like they did KTZ. Would HJ beat KTZ without Ricossa?
[/quote]

Does that infer that there was "good" coaching when HJ played Kountze but there was "bad" coaching when HJ played New Waverly?  If Ricossa plays in that game, outcome is substantially different.

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="739955" timestamp="1262892534"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=64197.msg739893#msg739893 date=1262887221]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Who knows if HJ beats Kountze without Ricossa..........I also agree that HJ for whatever reason did not adjust against NW and I know that all three coaches were pounding it into the players heads the entire game to adjust.......there were several times that players came out because they were not getting the job done.  I know for a fact that other than one starter the average playing time was around 21 minutes for each starter.  Don't think that would have been the case if they were on their game!!!  I will also say that it took HJ playing the worse game that I have seen them play in 5 years to lose by 8 points to NW.  Not making any excuses......I am just sayin!!! ;D ;D

But who forced them to play that bad???  NW had too many athletes for HJ.  Once they controlled Turner in the paint the game was over.  I realize that HJ made a run but it was not as close as the score sounded.  You ust had to look at first quarter, Turner was getting ball to the middle and kicking out to corner where Sutherland knocked down the 3's.  After that was taken away he did not get a good look the rest of game and had to put the ball on the floor which is not his real game.

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="740091" timestamp="1262904483"]
But who forced them to play that bad???  NW had too many athletes for HJ.  Once they controlled Turner in the paint the game was over.  I realize that HJ made a run but it was not as close as the score sounded.  You ust had to look at first quarter, Turner was getting ball to the middle and kicking out to corner where Sutherland knocked down the 3's.  After that was taken away he did not get a good look the rest of game and had to put the ball on the floor which is not his real game.
[/quote]

That seems to be the obvious way to beat HJ, but not too many have been able to do it!!!

Agree, Turner is a very good defensive player who works hard and turns that into a lot of easy baskets.  If you have someone who can stop him getting into the paint to kick it out it slows him down and the rest of the offense.  But you are right someone has to be ale to do that.

Lazeek how can you say Hj is better then N.W? They beat yall fair and square. Yes yall beat us twice but we also beat the team that will beat yall twice. (Silsbee) We already beat Central and when we get to N.W were gonna beat them too. So therefore yall are not better than us or N.W. The 2 loses on our record from Hj has an asterisk by them. We all know why so let's not go there. Swag!

Guest stevenash
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="740608" timestamp="1262962868"]
Sounds like Swag is still a little dazed and confused after the Horns got Donkey Punched last night!!!
[/quote]

He is also a little dazed over the fact that when he was watching the Kountze-HJ JV game at Kountze in their JV tournament, he was giving advice to a Kountze player (incidentally, HJ DESTROYED Kountze in that tourney semi final) when Coach Hancock walked to the end of the bench and "politely" suggested that the disenchanted player listen to him rather than a certain spectator. ( Coach Hancock was all over that player like sprinkles) This "loyal" spectator vacated the gym prior to the end of the game when it became obvious "them" Lions were going to suffer a 20+ point defeat.

[quote name="stevenash" post="740624" timestamp="1262963485"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=64197.msg740608#msg740608 date=1262962868]
Sounds like Swag is still a little dazed and confused after the Horns got Donkey Punched last night!!!
[/quote]

He is also a little dazed over the fact that when he was watching the Kountze-HJ JV game at Kountze in their JV tournament, he was giving advice to a Kountze player (incidentally, HJ DESTROYED Kountze in that tourney semi final) when Coach Hancock walked to the end of the bench and "politely" suggested that the disenchanted player listen to him rather than a certain spectator. ( Coach Hancock was all over that player like sprinkles) This "loyal" spectator vacated the gym prior to the end of the game when it became obvious "them" Lions were going to suffer a 20+ point defeat.
[/quote]

I wonder if Swag left quicker out of that game or the game at the HJ tourney???  When the clock hit 0.00 he was nowhere to be found!!! ;D ;D ;D

Colt plays Bama gets blasted. Silsbee will beat Hj twice this year. I'm not talking just to be talking. I'm talking because I know this. My cousin will not let Hj beat him as a senior. This is a personal goal for him. He said 21 talked a lot of noise to a family member of ours during Hj and Ktz 2nd game, and he backed it up but he won't let it happen to Silsbee.Not even in Hj. And I believe him!!

[quote name="swag" post="740633" timestamp="1262963868"]
Colt plays Bama gets blasted. Silsbee will beat Hj twice this year. I'm not talking just to be talking. I'm talking because I know this. My cousin will not let Hj beat him as a senior. This is a personal goal for him. He said 21 talked a lot of noise to a family member of ours during Hj and Ktz 2nd game, and he backed it up but he won't let it happen to Silsbee.Not even in Hj. And I believe him!!
[/quote]

Oh well if you believe him than it must be the gospel...............you also believed that Kountze would "Rick James" the Hawks and you see what that got your team.............ANOTHER LOSS TO A TERRIBLE TEAM!!!! ;D ;D ;D

How are yall still ranked #4 and yall lost to a 2a team. Oh I know why, just learned former coach from hj runs the UIl. This really explains yall success now. 

[quote name="swag" post="740656" timestamp="1262964775"]
How are yall still ranked #4 and yall lost to a 2a team. Oh I know why, just learned former coach from hj runs the UIl. This really explains yall success now. 
[/quote]

Showing your ignorance here swag. The UIL has nothing to do with the TABC rankings.

The rankings have been updated since the New Waverly loss.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami