Beaumont Central vs. Silsbee/ SILSBEE WINS 68-56!!!

Good game, Tigers.  Jags scrapped and clawed and came up short.  After this game, I do see our improvement.  Kids are taking shots with confidence...  Tigers were a tough customer with that Beast in the middle.  Look forward to seeing the Jags competing in the YMBL tourney, if they continue to be scrappy.  

Jaguars fought.  Tigers still need some work.  Too many mistakes.  Great to see Thomas and Stalworth with big games. JJ needs to slow himself down just a little. He is too fast at times. Too many missed freethrows and too many turnovers.  Some by good defense but several by poor passes.  Stallworth is listed at 6'4 I believe.

Silsbee, you guys are good enough to be a pretty strong 4A team this year!!! But Memorial got something for yall.  First off I was so surprised to actually see this Silsbee team and get a look at all this height.  In the past the guards hav been little guys for Silsbee but not this year.  The shorttest guy in the top 8 players is probably Phil, but he is an athlete!  I think I will rename him lay-up man... He can pretty much lay-up anyone in a gym.  That legnth really gave Central trouble.  The guard I think he was number 23/28 about 6'3", man he is better than he knows!!! I mean, I don't think the kid knows his potential.  The post players are players!! Not just tall guys on the court. Silsbee has about 44 or 5 real "basketball" guys.  Great looking team.  On to my analysis of my Jags.

They are little but scrappy.  There is probably one and a half real "basketball" guys on this team... The half is #10 the outher is Sophmore Smith! The Jags have athletic players on the floor with alot of speed and endurance.  The suprise is the actual depth.  Probably four guards and two forwards that can really play.  Let me stop now and give hats off to Rice for a well coached game against a team that truely outmatched him on a talent level.The Sophmore and the football guys looked rusty, but they will improve just like they did as this game progressed.  Rice had one major issue that may have cost him a chance to pull the upset.  I say it was personnel choices.  # 54 would have set on side of me for the rest of the game after a 4 minute stretch in the 3rd quarter that led to a Silsbee 19 pt lead.  This kid is a forward (with a weak handle) that constantly over dribbled the ball into pressure and got robbed.  He probably had 5 turnovers by himself in the third quarter that sparked a 19 - 2 run.  He had a few of them in the first half too.  Rice finally benched him. Only to bring the kid back into the game in the critical 4 minute stretch at the end of the game, where he commited "guess what" two more turnovers.  Also, number 10 was playing well but collected his 4th foul at roughly the 6:00 minute mark.  With him out of the game and #54 in alone with a good guard # 14, Silsbee openned the lead again.  But the kid sat until the 2:30 minute mark, when the game was already out of hand.  The #14 guard gave Thomas about 6 of his blocks.  The funny thing is that Rice kept telling both of the kids (#54 and #14) how to adjust the pressure but both of them acted as if they couldn't understand.  Like he was talking to a brick wall!!!

The Sophmore
and the football reciever had really good games... Those kids played well to be outmatched.
#5 really came on in the second half with his defense and fastbreak points!

I think you'll sweep Beaumont this year, Tigers, although I think that Brook will be tougher than both Central and Ozen.  But no way do you beat Memorial.  You think that Central pressured you into a lot of turnovers?  Memorial keeps the heat on the whole game.  Be careful what you ask for...

Guest SteelerFan05
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="726886" timestamp="1260369429"]
I think you'll sweep Beaumont this year, Tigers, although I think that Brook will be tougher than both Central and Ozen.  But no way do you beat Memorial.  You think that Central pressured you into a lot of turnovers?  Memorial keeps the heat on the whole game.  Be careful what you ask for...
[/quote]
I think Silsbee vs. Memorial would be a good match-up  ::)

I think all the Beaumont people are just saying that memorial could put the beat down on Silsbee just because their team couldn’t

[quote name="SteelerFan05" post="726892" timestamp="1260370055"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=63506.msg726886#msg726886 date=1260369429]
[/quote]
I think Silsbee vs. Memorial would be a good match-up  ::)

I think all the Beaumont people are just saying that memorial could put the beat down on Silsbee just because their team couldn’t

[/quote]I have nothing against Silsbee and no sour grapes for the loss.  Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder could see that Silsbee was the better team in every aspect.  I said what I said because I know what Memorial can do.  I also have gotten the rundown on what Silsbee can do.  I wasn't at the game, but my boy Shorttexas was there and he gave me in depth rundown of Silsbee via a phone call. 

It is easy to say mistakes were made "on your own".  But I bet if just five Silsbee Tigers were on the court, there would be no mistakes!  As much praise as I gave Silsbee, do you really think I am sour?  I am not hoping Memorial beats them.  I am saying that I (personal opinion) believe that Memorial is the best team in the area. But you guys have enough talent to be a 5A team, enough talent to give 4A as a division hell, and enough talent to dominate 3A.  Will you do that?  We will see!  But, this is the most talented Silsbee Tiger team I have seen since Thadeous Holden and Louis Arline days.  You guys have tall guards and at least three good bigs. 

I think PAM is the best team in the area, but I would love to see my Tigers play them in the finals of the YMBL this Saturday night. It could happen, but Silsbee would have to play much better these next couple of days to get that match.

The Tigers first have to beat Aldine Eisenhower, then next would most likely be West Brook, and if they managed to win that game they would most likely play Dallas Kimball in the semifinals, a team that has beaten Memorial already this year, 63-61. Tall task for these Tigers, but I am convinced it's not impossible. I believe Silsbee has a good chance to make it to the finals.

I wasn't taking your statement as negative in any way. I knew it was a compliment. I was talking of mistakes such as passing to the wrong person, passes that were way offline or other bad decisions. Was not taking anything away from the Jags they played good defense. I just think the Tigers can cut down on some of their mistakes.

I have seen every Silsbee game this year but one, trust me, this was not one of Silsbee's better games but it was far from their worst. Central's pressure created some havoc for the Tigers but there were several unforced errors by Silsbee last night, mostly by trying to force the issue instead of being more patient with the ball.

Also, Silsbee killed Central on the boards but didn't execute well enough on the putbacks on the offensive glass, missed too many.

Silsbee also struggled from the freethrow line, going 8-20 while Central was pretty solid, 16-21. Silsbee had improved at the line in the Big Sandy tourney, shooting over 75% for the tournament, but struggled again last night like they did a week ago against Ozen.

Tigers got a well deserved victory, a game that Silsbee needed, one of those scratch and claw one's.

i beejay am the reciever number 5 for the basketball team is here to say if i was in my basketball shape last night i wpold have put up 20.. give me a couple of days.. look for central and silsbee to meet up again.. yall can underestiamte coach rice if yu want.... watch what we do.. coach rice is an excellent coach..and he go lead us to the district championship.. but first.. the ymbl is comin to jaguarland

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder