Central @ Silsbee predictions

Guest ST4life

Guest ST4life
Even though the Tigers played without their potential #1 Pheal Hill Saturday night due to illness the
Tigers still won the Championship game against 2A #1 New Waverly in the Big Sandy Tournament.

Now the Question is if Pheal Hill is still ill can they get a win against Central who has already beat
3A  #10  Hardin-Jefferson earlier this season 64-57?

Both Hill and Harris will be ready for Tuesday's game against Central.

Silsbee is improving each game with other players beginning to step up their games. JJ really looked good against New Waverly, particularly on defense. He shut down their leading scorer in the second half.

Silsbee takes this one.

Silsbee  65
Central  56

I see Silsbee's inside game being the difference in this one. Stallworth, Thomas and Jones will crash the offensive boards and enable the Tigers to get multiple shots on the offensive end. Thomas and Jones, Silsbee's version of the twin towers, will block and alter shots on the defensive end.

Central was able to handle the press from HJ but Silsbee will not only press but defend much better in the half court because of their length.

[quote name="HJ2012" post="725015" timestamp="1260116188"]
i say silsbee by six not nine..........[b]hill hits two three's late in the fourth to put it away[/b].....
[/quote]

Obviously you don't know Silsbee basketball very well. Hill hardly ever shoots three pointers. Pheal may have shot 2 three pointers in his entire career at Silsbee. Trust me, he will not hit two three's late in the 4th.

Now, he may get 2 three point plays late in the 4th because of how he attacks the basket. ;)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="725017" timestamp="1260116460"]
[quote author=HJ2012 link=topic=63429.msg725015#msg725015 date=1260116188]
i say silsbee by six not nine..........[b]hill hits two three's late in the fourth to put it away[/b].....
[/quote]

Obviously you don't know Silsbee basketball very well. Hill hardly ever shoots three pointers. Pheal may have shot 2 three pointers in his entire career at Silsbee. Trust me, he will not hit two three's late in the 4th.

Now, he may get 2 three point plays late in the 4th because of how he attacks the basket. ;)
[/quote]

HJ (whatever version) is another Hardin Jefferson fan just trying to sucker us Tiger fans in.  Good response, AAW; the guy gets points for supporting Silsbee (?) but losses them because he doesn't know . . . . . !

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="725049" timestamp="1260119552"]
Silsbee wins with ease........79-60.  [b]Silsbee is the cream of the crop of SE Texas this year [/b] and will run away with this game, besides I will always root for a 21-3A team as long as they are not playing the Hawks!!!!
[/quote]

I believe PA Memorial has something to say about that. ;) ;D

(of course, we Tiger fans know about the ploy that HJ fans are doing, building Silsbee up for the big fall) ;)

Nope not at all AAW!!!!! Honestly believe that..........I really thought that Silsbee would not be as good this year because they lost all of their outside shooting and the bigs have never impressed me............well they have found some shooters and the bigs are playing great from what I have heard and seen.  This is Silsbee's year.......if they don't get it this year then the drought for the Tigers will continue for many more years!!!

Hj fans are jokes. How in the heck are Silsbee the cream of the crop when we "Ktz" blasted and dunked all over them on a neutral site in front of setx. I think u crown Silsbee so much is because when they play hj, its gonna get ugly fast. Silsbee will beat hj by 30. Silsbee has bigs which will keep yall from penetrating.actually Turner. and the shooter will have to shot over the top of the Tigers length. So get off of Silsbee before you become pregnant and have a Lil tiger. Lol Ktz babee. Setx finest. Check Our Swag!!

Let's just say that after the Hj tournament when we play yall again. "that's if yall keep winning" We're gonna beat the brakes off of yall, and then punish them Hawks. How bout that prediction Hawkettes! Its on now. Yall then woke up the lion. The lions are roaring early sunday morning

[quote name="swagg" post="725128" timestamp="1260126279"]
Let's just say that after the Hj tournament when we play yall again. "that's if yall keep winning" We're gonna beat the brakes off of yall, and then punish them Hawks. How bout that prediction Hawkettes! Its on now. Yall then woke up the lion. The lions are roaring early sunday morning
[/quote]
I say Silsbee wins by 10+ and Mr. Swagg, I would suggest you start a new post about the potential HJ vs. Kountze match up before some Silsbee fans jump all over you for converting their post. Not moderating, just suggesting.

Guest stevenash
[quote name="Cowboy4jc" post="725137" timestamp="1260127229"]
[quote author=swagg link=topic=63429.msg725128#msg725128 date=1260126279]
[/quote]
I say Silsbee wins by 10+ and Mr. Swagg, I would suggest you start a new post about the potential HJ vs. Kountze match up before some Silsbee fans jump all over you for converting their post. Not moderating, just suggesting.
[/quote]

Cowboy- Don't you think it is a mistake using the word "mister" in front of Swagg?

Kountze may have beaten Silsbee and got a few dunks but they did not beat the tigers easily and the did lose to the Hawks.  Kountze could have the best starting 5(maybe) but they are not as deep as the Tiger's.  I hope we can play them again in a playoff warm-up game after the Tiger's reach their potential,  then we  cab see who is the best team.  Now as for the Central game I haven't seen the Jags but I feel the Tigers may take this one by 15.  Now Lazeek this may be the Tiger's year but yes Memorial would have something to say about us being the best team in the area and we ALL know that when we meet HJ it will be an all out war,  you can't count out either team on either or any court.

Guest ST4life
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="725061" timestamp="1260120784"]
Nope not at all AAW!!!!! Honestly believe that..........I really thought that Silsbee would not be as good this year because they lost all of their outside shooting and the bigs have never impressed me............well they have found some shooters and the bigs are playing great from what I have heard and seen.  This is Silsbee's year.......if they don't get it this year then the drought for the Tigers will continue for many more years!!!
[/quote]
I have seen the incoming freshman class for Silsbee play and they might have something to say about that drought you’re talking about  ;D

[quote name="stevenash" post="725143" timestamp="1260127753"]
[quote author=Cowboy4jc link=topic=63429.msg725137#msg725137 date=1260127229]
[quote author=swagg link=topic=63429.msg725128#msg725128 date=1260126279]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Cowboy- Don't you think it is a mistake using the word "mister" in front of Swagg?
[/quote]
Just trying to be polite.  ;)

I tell you one thing.  Silsbee have us with height, no doubt.  We still have quickness in our corner.  If we hit our open shots and not try to force shots on the inside with Thomas waiting, the game will be close.  I don't think we will win this game, because we have players too scared to take the open shots and we don't have any players that will creat their own shot last year like when we had Gully.  Our only chance to win is if Christian Smith plays.  I still don't know why he have not been on the court...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn