Video link of best running back in Texas. Traylon Shead 1A Cayuga.

Traylon Shead is hands down the best running back in Texas. This kid is the first 1A skilled player to ever get a full ride scholarship offer to the University of Texas. He stands 6'3 215 lbs and runs a 4.3 forty. Traylon scored 52 TD's last year. Traylon Shead is #2 in career rushing yards for the State of Texas, with 8,988 yards so far. Traylon is behind the great Kenny Hall from Sugarland who rushed for 11,232 yards from 1950-1953. There is talk of him starting for the Longhorns as a freshman next year. He is bad to the bone, and remember he is playing on a 1A team Cayuga. Check out this link, it will blow your mind. He destroys power house teams like Alto and many others all through the video !!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QuHJF-ZkWE

[quote name="stevieray" post="705181" timestamp="1258058181"]
I've seen him play a couple time and he's the real deal and could start for any school in the state...regardless of classification.  The kid is big and can run, although I have to say that he's closer to a 4.5 than a 4.3

[/quote]No way he is 4.5 in the forty. Traylon is a true 4.3 guy. Watch the video, he is running away from power house defenses in the playoffs. On most of these runs the defense has angles and still can't catch him. Trust me a 4.5 forty won't get you that many 70 and 80 yard TD runs !!! Also he went to State in the 100. I am going to watch him play Friday night.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="705195" timestamp="1258059065"]
[quote author=stevieray link=topic=62274.msg705181#msg705181 date=1258058181]
I've seen him play a couple time and he's the real deal and could start for any school in the state...regardless of classification.  The kid is big and can run, although I have to say that he's closer to a 4.5 than a 4.3

[/quote]No way he is 4.5 in the forty. Traylon is a true 4.3 guy. Watch the video, he is running away from power house defenses in the playoffs. On most of these runs the defense has angles and still can't catch him. Trust me a 4.5 forty won't get you that many 70 and 80 yard TD runs !!! Also he went to State in the 100. I am going to watch him play Friday night.
[/quote]

His profiles on rivals.com and scout.com says 4.5. If anything, scouting services are generous.

Just curious,.... how do you know he is a true 4.3?

he's a stud.... just wondering how you're so sure.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="705195" timestamp="1258059065"]
[quote author=stevieray link=topic=62274.msg705181#msg705181 date=1258058181]

[/quote]

I just said he's closer to a 4.5 than a 4.3....There aren't many guys that run a true 4.3 in high school, no matter what their coaches say!  I bet he's in the high 4.4 range
On the field, Kennedy (WR) looks a little faster...but that may be due to the fact that he's much smaller than Traylon.  Like I said...I've seen him play a couple times and the kid is big and fast.  I don't think it's too far fetch that he will see time next year.  Do you know if he's graduating early and enrolling in the spring at UT?

[quote name="77" post="705238" timestamp="1258062229"]
Not many 4.3 in the pros.
[/quote] I agree. But there are tons of 4.5's. Also there is not many kids right behind the great Kenny Hall either !!! 9,000 yards rushing and counting !! Traylon is currently 10th all-time in the nation in career rushing yards !!! Still got the playoffs left.

He looks to me to be a legitamite 4.5. You can't really tell be cause he's lanky. His running style is like Terrell Pryor. You could tell Vince was fast. Terrell and this kid's legs have slow long strides. Now, Lache Seastrunk, you can see he's fast. His hilites are more impressive to me also, JMO though. We'll see if this kid's the real deal in the future. Chris Whaley seem faster.

He has what I call elusive speed. He doesn't look like he is running that fast, but he is....if that makes sense. I agree that some of those kids looked like they were afraid to hit him, but he gets the job done.

To me, Vince Young didn't appear fast because he took 3 yard strides. He was motoring alright.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="705264" timestamp="1258063746"]
[quote author=77 link=topic=62274.msg705238#msg705238 date=1258062229]
Not many 4.3 in the pros.
[/quote]

There were 4 times in the 4.3's in last years NFL combine.  The fastest RB was 4.45.  

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers
[/quote]They take an average of three forty yard dashes. One players for example may run a 4.39 just once and then a 4.42 and 4.44. Forget the forty talk, how good does this kid look !!! Second behind the legend Kenny Hall !! And that crap about kids not wanting to hit him, maybe a few but most of those teams were top ranked playoff teams with good defensive players. Like Alto, Grapeline, Tenaha, Carlisle, Maud and Simms-Bowie. Tough teams to run on !!!  ;D 

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="705135" timestamp="1258053591"]
Traylon Shead is hands down the best running back in Texas. This kid is the first 1A skilled player to ever get a full ride scholarship offer to the University of Texas. He stands 6'3 215 lbs and runs a 4.3 forty. Traylon scored 52 TD's last year. Traylon Shead is #2 in career rushing yards for the State of Texas, with 8,988 yards so far. Traylon is behind the great Kenny Hall from Sugarland who rushed for 11,232 yards from 1950-1953. There is talk of him starting for the Longhorns as a freshman next year. He is bad to the bone, and remember he is playing on a 1A team Cayuga. Check out this link, it will blow your mind. He destroys power house teams like Alto and many others all through the video !!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QuHJF-ZkWE
[/quote]

Well, you got two things right.  He's going to Texas and he's second all time in yards.  There is absolutely zero talk about him starting at Texas as a freshmen by anybody with a brain.  He runs a 4.5 at best.  Only 4 players ran a sub 4.4 at last years NFL combine, and none of them were running backs.  Just to give you a little perspective Jamaal Charles ran a 4.38 at the combine in 08.  All that being said I'm a huge Horns fan and hope he does great at UT. 

And for the record, the best RB in texas is between Herschel Sims, Malcolm Brown, or Aaron Green.

I don't think he's a 4.3 40 guy either, but in pads, this kid can fly. I've been following him for 3 years, and the dude is legit. Ya know the fastest combine time for a RB last year was a 4.45, and he has more yards rushing in high school than that guy, and Adrian Peterson, and Chris Johnson, and Jammal Charles and all the fast backs in the NFL. If Petersen would have grew up 25 miles south of Palestine in Grapeland, and rushed for 8 or 9K yards, everyone wolda been doggin on him for being at a 1A school and not playing competition. Talent is talent, and this kid has it. He's playing at 1A, but all the 4A and 5A peeps need to understand something. The main difference between a starting 4A team and a starting 1A team is depth. There's usually 3 or 4 kids on 1A and 2A teams that could start at most 4A and 5A's somewhere, there's just usually 5 or 6 kids on the field that are more like 5A JV talent. The teams Shead plays against have legit athleticism despite the classification. Maud had 3 defensive lineman sign with TCU and he ran all over them last year in the playoffs. Alto, Grapeland, Teneha and Carlisle always have some pretty sick athletes as well. As someone pointed out earlier, Colt McCoy's last high school game, he was held to like 140yds passing and 7 points, and that was against 2A talent, and now he's a heisman trophy candidate. Shead will play at the next level and I think he will excel. When this kid was a freshman he rushed for nearly 2000 yards, and he was 14 years old. He's a special talent who just happens to live inside the boundries of a 1A class school. We will never know how many yards he would have had at Katy, Austin-Westlake or Permian, cause he didnt' go there. It's kinda like a TCU or Boise State, they just play who's in front of them and dominate. We don't really know what they'd do in the SEC or Big 12, but they'd probably be pretty damn successful. OK, i'm off my soapbox. HD55, nice post and link gettin this kid's name out. Hopefully he will make us 1A and 2A folks around the state proud at the next level.

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="705320" timestamp="1258069117"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=62274.msg705135#msg705135 date=1258053591]
[/quote]

Well, you got two things right.  He's going to Texas and he's second all time in yards.  There is absolutely zero talk about him starting at Texas as a freshmen by anybody with a brain.  He runs a 4.5 at best.  Only 4 players ran a sub 4.4 at last years NFL combine, and none of them were running backs.  Just to give you a little perspective Jamaal Charles ran a 4.38 at the combine in 08.  All that being said I'm a huge Horns fan and hope he does great at UT. 

And for the record, the best RB in texas is between Herschel Sims, Malcolm Brown, or Aaron Green.
[/quote]Guess your Mack Brown there Mr. know it all !!!  What a guy !!! LOL !!! Some Horns fan !! You don't know crap about my Horns or good talent, stick to tennis pal !!! LOL !!!  ;D ;) :o 

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="705320" timestamp="1258069117"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=62274.msg705135#msg705135 date=1258053591]
[/quote]

[b]And for the record, the best RB in texas is between Herschel Sims, Malcolm Brown, or Aaron Green.
[/quote][/b]

Don't forget Daniel Lasco of The Woodlands and Nlemchi of Cinco Ranch.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont