North Shore @ West Brook....predictions...

SgtRey

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as my prediction on the game is concerned.....the most I can do is tell you that the "experts" on other boards are predicting a blowout by NS. They dont give WB much of a chance....big suprise there! I believe that if we show up to play and can keep it close at the end of the first half, that we might be able to pull off an upset in the second half. Either way, I support our boys and say that they have far exceeded expectations for this season up to this point. BUT, I believe that we will win another game or two before our season comes to an end. ;)

PAM screwed West Brook out of a district tri-chamion.  North Shore will now win it outright now.

I think it will be a much better game than last year, and North Shore will win by 2 td's.  It will be low scoring like the PAM game, and West Brook will get good prep time for the playoffs against a good defense. 

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="693659" timestamp="1257106747"]
PAM screwed West Brook out of a district tri-chamion.  North Shore will now [b]win it outright[/b] now.

I think it will be a much better game than last year, and North Shore will win by 2 td's.  It will be low scoring like the PAM game, and West Brook will get good prep time for the playoffs against a good defense. 
[/quote]

Is that correct?  I thought they would still be co-champs with the same record(not that it matters much, I guess)

[quote name="PFSTX" post="693834" timestamp="1257120630"]
Wow...
District

North Shore- 167 points to Other Team- 28.

Now that is impressive.... May be a long night for the Brook.
[/quote]

Brook has outscored it's district opponents  148-23.(i think)      Fairly similar numbers.

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="693659" timestamp="1257106747"]
PAM screwed West Brook out of a district tri-chamion.  North Shore will now win it outright now.

I think it will be a much better game than last year, and North Shore will win by 2 td's.  It will be low scoring like the PAM game, and West Brook will get good prep time for the playoffs against a good defense.  
[/quote]OK, let me explain this for those of you not strong in the math department. West Brook currently is in the district lead with a 4-0 record. NS is in second with a 3-1 record. If WB wins, then they win it outright and would finish 5-0. IF NS wins, then both WB and NS would finish tied with 4-1 records, thus sharing the district title as Co-Champions. I'm guessing that WB and NS will share the district title. This only affects the playoff seeding. Because WB and NS are both going D1, the winner of this game will be the first place rep from 21-5A, and the loser of this game will be the second place rep...even though they are Co-District-Champions. NS cannot win the district title outright. Does that make sense?

Since I figured that North Shore will handle West Brook with ease, I thought that North Shore would be district champs with a head-to-head win and identical records.   It really don't matter though, if West Brook goes D1 they would be the 2nd seed playing a good team in the first round.  District champions sounds good, losing in the first round don't.  Thats what is probably going to happen, unless Brook sneaks into the D2 bracket.

Thanks for the math lesson though, coach.

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="694339" timestamp="1257174742"]
Since I figured that North Shore will handle West Brook with ease, I thought that North Shore would be district champs with a head-to-head win and identical records.   It really don't matter though, if West Brook goes D1 they would be the 2nd seed playing a good team in the first round.   District champions sounds good, losing in the first round don't.  Thats what is probably going to happen, unless Brook sneaks into the D2 bracket.

[/quote]

With only a couple of returning starters, any share of a district championship is a great accomplishment.   They probably aren't ready for the big D1 teams, but realistically, they are still much better than i expected.   They might lose in round 1 but that district trophy will still be in the case and the boys can say they won it when they relive those glory years to their kids.  I think it is a big deal to them.

WB lost another d back to injuries.  Reggie Wilson is gone for the remainder of the season.  They will have a hard time with North Shore who will spread the field and take advantage of large cushions by the corners.  I expect to see WB fight hard.  North Shore by 10.

[quote name="sig220" post="694682" timestamp="1257189427"]
WB lost another d back to injuries.  Reggie Wilson is gone for the remainder of the season.  They will have a hard time with North Shore who will spread the field and take advantage of large cushions by the corners.  I expect to see WB fight hard.  North Shore by 10.
[/quote]NS will not be passing the ball.  They will be content with running the ball, like they are always accustom to doing...

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="sig220" post="694682" timestamp="1257189427"]
[/quote]

I did not see the end of the game. What happened to him?

(Is this the same Reggie Wilson that plays baseball for WB?)

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="694339" timestamp="1257174742"]
Since I figured that North Shore will handle West Brook with ease, I thought that North Shore would be district champs with a head-to-head win and identical records.   It really don't matter though, if West Brook goes D1 they would be the 2nd seed playing a good team in the first round.   District champions sounds good, losing in the first round don't.  [b]Thats what is probably going to happen, unless Brook sneaks into the D2 bracket.[/b]
[/quote]WB is going Div 1.....Sterling is the second largest school, and WB is the third largest. Since Sterling will not be making the postseason, then WB moves up to D!. We will not go D2. Subsequently, if by chance we get past the first round, there's not much competition that would prevent us from winning another game of two to the third round or so.

[quote name="Ranger83" post="694706" timestamp="1257190161"]
[quote author=sig220 link=topic=61709.msg694682#msg694682 date=1257189427]
[/quote]

I did not see the end of the game. What happened to him?

(Is this the same Reggie Wilson that plays baseball for WB?)
[/quote]

He had an MCL sprain I believe and yes it is the same one that plays baseball.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami