North Shore @ West Brook....predictions...

SgtRey

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="wbfan" post="694913" timestamp="1257197072"]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61709.msg694706#msg694706 date=1257190161]
[quote author=sig220 link=topic=61709.msg694682#msg694682 date=1257189427]
WB lost another d back to injuries.  Reggie Wilson is gone for the remainder of the season.  They will have a hard time with North Shore who will spread the field and take advantage of large cushions by the corners.  I expect to see WB fight hard.  North Shore by 10.
[/quote]

I did not see the end of the game. What happened to him?

(Is this the same Reggie Wilson that plays baseball for WB?)
[/quote]

He had an MCL sprain I believe and yes it is the same one that plays baseball.
[/quote]

Must be a serious sprain if he's lost for the rest of the season. My son has been playing with a Grade 1 MCL sprain since the BH game.

That's a tough break for Reggie. Outstanding baseball player.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WB will need a good game from all of its players.  They should have a good chance but will be limited to very few mistakes.  At this time of year both teams will have had injuries and this should be in the Budget.  When play-offs come into play, many of the teams have been pretty well beaten up and the teams that enjoy depth especially at key positions have a definite advantage.  In 5AAAAA. this becomes a huge factor because there is no cap for the larger schools.  There will be enrollments of 2500 programs playing against teams that can almost have 6000 students in Division 1.  Not always, but usually, a team with 5000 or more students should be able to field a team with some adequate depth.  Interesting enough, the Division 2 5AAAAA schools state championship seems to field the best games.

But what is for sure, Beaumont does have a 5AAAAA Walmart that IMO should be state ranked.  8)

For what its worth, the "experts" have once again picked WB to lose by 10 to NS. Although they have been right in their prediction over the last few weeks ( picked WB as a 29 point favorite over Sterling, and we won by 39, picked WB over PAM by 6, and they nailed it 13-7 win), I'm hoping to prove the experts wrong this week. Hoping my Bruins can pull one out in the clutch.

http://huddleuptexas.com/HighSchool/Projections/09-Wk10-5A.htm

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="696266" timestamp="1257299312"]
For what its worth, the "experts" have once again picked WB to lose by 10 to NS. Although they have been right in their prediction over the last few weeks ( picked WB as a 29 point favorite over Sterling, and we won by 39, picked WB over PAM by 6, and they nailed it 13-7 win), I'm hoping to prove the experts wrong this week. Hoping my Bruins can pull one out in the clutch.

http://huddleuptexas.com/HighSchool/Projections/09-Wk10-5A.htm
[/quote]

Based on our games against good 5A programs so far, I would think the spread would be more than 10.

[quote name="SgtRey" post="696040" timestamp="1257282789"]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=61709.msg695950#msg695950 date=1257278103]
Brook-24
Northshore-21

I dislike NS more than Brook. ;)
[/quote]
You only dislike'em by 3?
[/quote]I just think it will be a close game if brook can stop the run(slow down). O yeah and make them play from behind.

Unless another typhoon comes through, and according to the local weathermen its suppose to be dry, I don't think West Brook will win.  Play North Shore close?  Maybe, but I don't see them winning.  If North Shore pulls another Obama, and distributes the wealth, like they did against Katy and PAM, and gives the ball up 7 times West Brook will have a chance.  If they can keep the turnovers down to a minimum they will roll out of Beaumont happy campers.

MHS stopped northshore's running game from going down hill, brooks d-line has to make someplays ion the backfield to frustrate their runners. That  will put more pressure on the QB in the passing game( MHS  had two picks against him) where white is the main target and white coming out the backfield.

I live in north Lumberton, any more questions, sgt?

Why don't you clarify the statement WB is going to make?  WB has exceeded most people's expectations, good for them.  I have a feeling though on Friday, they will end up 6-4.  What is wrong with that?  If you think they are better than North Shore, then I guess we will have to agree to disagree.  Its not even close.  

Friday will tell the truth.

Which would sound more insane?  Me saying WB will end up 6-4, or being a WB homer saying that WB is the best team around.  WB has had a surprisingly good year, but you have to beat more than the Beaumont 4A's, Baytown's, PAM, and Channelview's to be great.

Just trying to keep it real.  Sorry to burst your bubbles.

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="698032" timestamp="1257445843"]
I live in north Lumberton, any more questions, sgt?

Why don't you clarify the statement WB is going to make?  WB has exceeded most people's expectations, good for them.  I have a feeling though on Friday, they will end up 6-4.  What is wrong with that?  If you think they are better than North Shore, then I guess we will have to agree to disagree.  Its not even close.  

Friday will tell the truth.
[/quote]

I think most people expect Brook to be 6-4 after friday.(Brook fans included)  I also think you are pulling for NS for some reason.  If you are a hater, just say it.  No need to be skeeered. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124