Vidor vs. Livingston Predictions?

[quote name="LR1969" post="695028" timestamp="1257203571"]
Livingston will be up for this one. After last week's win over Central, confidence will be the key to this game. Livingston has it and Vidor has spent the past 30 years trying to find it again. I just think the Lions may have the Pirates number this year.

LIV 24
VID 17
[/quote]
And in a 3 way tie with Liv and Ozen, this score would still get Vidor in as the fourth.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Livingston will be up for this one. After last week's win over Central, confidence will be the key to this game. Livingston has it and Vidor has spent the past 30 years trying to find it again. I just think the Lions may have the Pirates number this year.

LIV 24
VID 17
[/quote] agreed!

LIV 24
VID 17
[/quote]

vidor may have been trying to find it but the kids playing have been workin for it since their sophmore year to be where they are right now they want this more than livingston does IMO. and its Sr. night the crowd will be loud and proud to keep them going and their confidence is up just bc they know they can do better than they have and they want to prove it. they don'twanna be remembered as the team that had the chance to make playoffs but choked they will come out playing hard just like the central and LCM games.i was told this by a player on the team.

PirateFootball-2010...

Hope my comment about "trying to find it again" wasn't taken the wrong way. I wasn't belittling the kids...I think they've played hard and I wish them well. I just meant it's been 30 years since Vidor made the playoffs (I remember it well...I was in 5th grade at Vidor Elementary when it happened) and confidence has always been the downfall of the Pirates (imo). They've had some good teams but they never seem to make it over the hump. And, I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen this year. Livingston is tougher than their record indicates and they will be ready for the Pirates. We'll see what happens! Of course, as already mentioned by 'badndn', losing may still lead to a playoff trip (since someone at the UIL thinks 4 teams should go. If it were up to me, we wouldn't even be discussing all of this because only 2 teams would go). Good luck!!!

[quote name="LR1969" post="695094" timestamp="1257208861"]
PirateFootball-2010...

Hope my comment about "trying to find it again" wasn't taken the wrong way. I wasn't belittling the kids...I think they've played hard and I wish them well. I just meant it's been 30 years since Vidor made the playoffs (I remember it well...I was in 5th grade at Vidor Elementary when it happened) and confidence has always been the downfall of the Pirates (imo). They've had some good teams but they never seem to make it over the hump. And, I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen this year. Livingston is tougher than their record indicates and they will be ready for the Pirates. We'll see what happens! Of course, as already mentioned by 'badndn', losing may still lead to a playoff trip (since someone at the UIL thinks 4 teams should go. If it were up to me, we wouldn't even be discussing all of this because only 2 teams would go). Good luck!!!
[/quote]The Pirates made it to the playoffs in 2000.

[quote name="PirateFootball-2010" post="695071" timestamp="1257207679"]vidor may have been trying to find it but the kids playing have been workin for it since their sophmore year to be where they are right now [b]they want this more than livingston does IMO[/b].[/quote]
Really? You really think either team wants it more than the other? Livingston prooved on 10/30/09 that they are going down swinging. Last time Vidor played a team that was fighting for it's playoff lives, how'd that workout (Nederland W). I think you may underestimate the fight in the Lions. Both teams will play this one as a playoff game.

[quote author=PirateFootball-2010 link=topic=61652.msg695071#msg695071 date=1257207679]
and its Sr. night the crowd will be loud and proud to keep them going and their confidence is up just bc they know they can do better than they have and they want to prove it. they don'twanna be remembered as the team that had the chance to make playoffs but choked they will come out playing hard just like the central and LCM games.[b]i was told this by a player on the team.[/b]
[/quote]
What would you expect the players to say?  "We don't want to win"

[quote name="LR1969" post="695177" timestamp="1257212414"]
Wow! I completely forgot about that. Age is getting to me (ha). Nederland won 21-9 (I think) in 2000. I remember now. Sorry about that.
[/quote]

No harm, no foul! you were only off by 20 years.

Vidor lost to Nederland in non-district play in 2000, then lost to the Bulldogs 21-9 in bi-district at Cardinal Stadium.  The Pirates were the district runner-up to Ozen that year.  (lost by one point to the Panthers on a failed 2 point conversion attempt in 2nd OT, much like Central game this year.)  In 2000 Vidor was in a district with Ozen, Lumberton, Silsbee and Jasper.

I just hope that the team we are capable of being shows up Friday night. We can play better than we did at Ned. We can't afford to come out soft and flat in this one like we did the previous game's first quarter.
After suffering through the 5A years where we were outmanned every single year, I know disappointment first-hand. I really hope we can get something done Friday night. If we want to build a playoff-caliber team year in and year out, then we can't settle for mediocre playing ... that goes for the fans too. We can't keep coddling failure and making excuses. I'm sick of hearing excuses. We gotta pull the trigger right off the bat Friday, early and often.

GO PIRATES!!!

Interestingly enough, I think it was 2001 when we lost 10-8.  We had some injuries early in the year and were playing pretty poorly, then boom all of a sudden, we found some chemistry and ended up in the state semi's... de javu?

[quote name="vidor96pirates" post="696122" timestamp="1257287695"]
Ok I am getting old and memory is going I guess. I appologize you are right ...lol   Mujst have been that cold monsoon we sat in at Cardinal stadium that night.
[/quote]
It's ok. I wouldn't remember it so well, except that it was during my tour of duty as a Pirate.

Penny, yeah, Mathews used that as a motivation point for us in the off-season. It's been some time, so I don't remember the exact words, but during our workouts, he'd march around shouting things like, Nederland is a team you beat! And here they are going to the semis, and you're stuck here. How mad does that make you? It better make you furious!

Since we are talking about motivation:

I don't think my Pirates can do it. They are too soft on defense. Shane and Kevin can't get through that line. We might as well forfit and not even bother turning the lights on. The Lions beat Central so we know that they are better than us. Why bother? Rico, Tinkle and Reynolds can't get behind their line for any sacks. We're sunk. We can't win this game.

(Players, feel free to cut out this in parantheses and post the rest of the above post in the locker room. Get everybody mad and fired up!  ;D  GO PIRATES!!!)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder