Why is everone so SCARED of Angleton?

TexAgNDN

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="696506" timestamp="1257308294"]
Does Angleton have a winning football tradition? Never heard of them being a powerhouse in the past. I know PNG has a great winning tradition. Around the triangle many of our teams have winning traditions, like WOS, PNG, Newton, Hull-Daisetta and many others.
[/quote]

When is the last time one went to or won state?

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="696378" timestamp="1257302814"]
[quote author=stevieray link=topic=61287.msg696146#msg696146 date=1257289036]
From my understanding, Angleton is going Div II with the outside chance of going Div I.....Lake Travis will meet up with Denton Guyer or Longview for the title, but I personally think it will be Guyer.  I've seen them both play and Denton Guyer has a stout defense!  They are strong on all 3 levels...

[/quote]

Angleton has no chance of going Division 1.  The Division 1 reps are Friendswood and Dawson.
[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't exactly sure....

Two words - - Quandre Diggs

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4331281

I think he's awesome, towards the end of this video, he gives this pump fake then swims the ball over a linebacker on his way to the end zone, it's quite hilarious! He's an explosive player, reminds me of Michael Lewis when he was at Lamar Consolidated in '97

Folks - we are talking about this year and this year only. All of your past trips to the semis and finals mean nada when you play Angleton this year Dayton/PNG. After playing Dayton and Angleton this year, I can tell you that there is a very good team heading your way Dayton and PNG. Buckle up. And Dayton folks - stop the finals and semifinals talk, the only teams that should talk like that are teams that have won a bunch of TITLES - like LaMarque and Katy. Ok - those are truly schools with great pasts, winning titles earns you that right - not going deep a couple times in the playoffs. And of course that applies to FW as well.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="697092" timestamp="1257367699"]
Folks - we are talking about this year and this year only. All of your past trips to the semis and finals mean nada when you play Angleton this year Dayton/PNG. After playing Dayton and Angleton this year, I can tell you that there is a very good team heading your way Dayton and PNG. Buckle up. And Dayton folks - stop the finals and semifinals talk, the only teams that should talk like that are teams that have won a bunch of TITLES - like LaMarque and Katy. Ok - those are truly schools with great pasts, winning titles earns you that right - not going deep a couple times in the playoffs. And of course that applies to FW as well.
[/quote]

I hope we can back up your talk fw. Angleton should be the favorite, but anything can happen in the playoffs. I just hope we can live up to expectations. If not, these posters on here are going to let you have it! We still got Manvel to worry about this Friday and they are a heck of a challenge with lots of athletes on their team. But after that, it all starts on November 14 @ 2:00pm versus Rosenberg Terry at Wildcat Stadium.

First things first young freshman FWStangs I was responding to Bernie when he asked when was the last time a setx team made it to the state title game.And next w/seasoned playoff veterans from those 07-08 teams who have played in very big games is worth mentioning as not too darn many teams can make the playoffs 14 yrs.in a row.I promise you Dayton can play w/anybody and has a good a chance to win the Div.2 region as anybody until PROVEN otherwise.King almost beat Manvel and put over 300 yds.offense on them.Last week Dayton shuts down the 2,800 tot.yd.King team to 4-1st dwns-25/29 rush 31yds.pass for (60) total yds.

[quote name="liltex" post="697468" timestamp="1257389205"]
First things first young freshman FWStangs I was responding to Bernie when he asked when was the last time a setx team made it to the state title game.And next w/seasoned playoff veterans from those 07-08 teams who have played in very big games is worth mentioning as not too darn many teams can make the playoffs 14 yrs.in a row.I promise you Dayton can play w/anybody and has a good a chance to win the Div.2 region as anybody until PROVEN otherwise.King almost beat Manvel and put over 300 yds.offense on them.Last week Dayton shuts down the 2,800 tot.yd.King team to 4-1st dwns-25/29 rush 31yds.pass for (60) total yds.
[/quote]

Nice try - been here long time changed the handle so you would know who I was for!! Manvel is not very good and the ole team comparision thing does not work real well. You will have a tough time stopping Angleton Dayton, prepare for it!

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="697169" timestamp="1257371687"]
[quote author=fwstangs link=topic=61287.msg697092#msg697092 date=1257367699]
[/quote]

I hope we can back up your talk fw. Angleton should be the favorite, but anything can happen in the playoffs. I just hope we can live up to expectations. If not, these posters on here are going to let you have it! We still got Manvel to worry about this Friday and they are a heck of a challenge with lots of athletes on their team. But after that, it all starts on November 14 @ 2:00pm versus Rosenberg Terry at Wildcat Stadium.
[/quote]

They have to get to you first AT! Do not fear, they talk smack even when they lose! If FW can beat em, you will also.

AT Wildcat Manvel is not very good?Well those Stangs sure had plenty of trouble again this year;Manvel led Friendswood 14-7 till 10:58 left in the game.Tied 14-14 regulation-Friendswood kicks a field goal in the 3rd OT to win 30-27.Angleton will have to chunk the pig big time to beat any Setx team in div.2.

[quote name="B.M.F." post="697749" timestamp="1257431491"]
I think Friendswood is in love with Angleton.  Jeez man...get a room :o :o
[/quote]

What up BMF?

[quote name="Football Fan 50" post="697886" timestamp="1257439736"]
Flipper, [b]I guess you are referring to Kirbyville as the only SETX team [/b] to make it further than FW. But as this year goes I will root for Region III,if its a SETX team or whoever it is.
[/quote]

we played in the championship last year.... I always root for region III teams... even if its FW. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    FGFRE
    Newest Member
    FGFRE